Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

Ireland can't be this dumb. Sign one of the FA RT's out there. Trade up and take a young tackle w/o injury problems. Draft the Alabama or UNC G and slide Jerry to RT and sign someone like Justice to compete with him. Anything's better than giving up a 2nd rounder in a deep draft AND mega bucks for bad back Albert.

i think we need to just hope Martin gains some strength and develops into a decent LT and sign a Eric Winston or the Vollmer guy from the Patsies.. i have no interest in trading picks for a OT..Our first three picks should be CB, CB, Pass rusher.

This could be a lowball offer to get another tackle to bring down the asking price...just a thought

our gm is not that genius and that really makes no sense. What will bring down asking price is no other team willing to pay their cost either.

i think we need to just hope Martin gains some strength and develops into a decent LT and sign a Eric Winston or the Vollmer guy from the Patsies.. i have no interest in trading picks for a OT..Our first three picks should be CB, CB, Pass rusher.

Let's all hope Martin hopped on the sauce this offseason.

I'm over injury prone tackles who demand huge salaries. Can we please just draft em' if this is the case? Sign a 1 year stop-gap FA if we need to. But a long-term, bloated deal to a LT who can't play a full season? Sounds too familiar.....

Seems like a bs rumor to me. Trading for albert and giving him a long term contract isn't something we can really do.

I would rather them sign a free agent tackle or draft one. I hate giving up draft picks. They need all the picks they can get.

Ryan how can you say you hate giving up "picks" then turn and say "draft one"? It takes a "pick" to draft somebody... lol. But think about it. The 42nd pick will produce is zilch as far as a sure thing at LT. Albert for pick 42 is a freaking steal my man. You should be all over this.

I would rather let Yeatman, Jerry, and Garner fight it out for RT and if we are going to draft an OL in round 1 then get a guard like Cooper.

It's a no brainer. Pick 12 will not produce us a starting LT as Joekel, Fisher, and Johnson should all be gone in the first 5 picks if not top 7 at latest 11. So what's smarter? Keeping the 12th pick and select Xavier Rhodes and send pick 42 to KC and acquire Albert......or have to give up 12, 42, and a 4th to move up high enough to grab Johnson. Duh.....do people even think when they argue a stance?

And if you instead pick Xavier Rhodes at 12 and go with a RT at 42 why not use that pick for Albert instead of a Justin Pugh? Plus picking a RT or signing a RT will still keep Marc Colombo, I mean Martin at LT to destroy our season.

im pretty sure ireland .......wouldnt do this trade unless, he's not convince Martin is the right person to start at LT. I say.....give KC a 3rd rounder and next year 4th.

So a second round pick for the opportunity to overpay a guy?

No thanks. I'll take my chances with Martin and Winston

Turning the pk we got for Davis into Albert is a Heist. Their wont be a player better then Albert at 54. But I'm not crazy about his pricetag in terms for money. I think Volmer & Winston and drafting a tackle may be the way to go, but makes us a better team right now. I'm not denying that...I just dont like his price.

im pretty sure ireland .......wouldnt do this trade unless, he's not convince Martin is the right person to start at LT. I say.....give KC a 3rd rounder and next year 4th.

Im also pretty sure KC says no lol

It's a no brainer. Pick 12 will not produce us a starting LT as Joekel, Fisher, and Johnson should all be gone in the first 5 picks if not top 7 at latest 11. So what's smarter? Keeping the 12th pick and select Xavier Rhodes and send pick 42 to KC and acquire Albert......or have to give up 12, 42, and a 4th to move up high enough to grab Johnson. Duh.....do people even think when they argue a stance?

And if you instead pick Xavier Rhodes at 12 and go with a RT at 42 why not use that pick for Albert instead of a Justin Pugh? Plus picking a RT or signing a RT will still keep Marc Colombo, I mean Martin at LT to destroy our season.

Ummmmm, I think I thought, but not sure let me think on it...So you thought this out? Give up a secod round pick and pay top money for a guy that has back problems? Think about this, why not just use the #42 pick and draft a guy tat can step in day one at a heck of a lot cheaper? I Think that will work better...

Back
Top Bottom