Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

Ummmmm, I think I thought, but not sure let me think on it...So you thought this out? Give up a secod round pick and pay top money for a guy that has back problems? Think about this, why not just use the #42 pick and draft a guy tat can step in day one at a heck of a lot cheaper? I Think that will work better...

odds are never great on that. Martin did that last year to very mixed results

Ummmmm, I think I thought, but not sure let me think on it...So you thought this out? Give up a secod round pick and pay top money for a guy that has back problems? Think about this, why not just use the #42 pick and draft a guy tat can step in day one at a heck of a lot cheaper? I Think that will work better...

Orlando but you mention use the 42 pick. But on who? What's left at LT by pick 11 stinks what makes you think pick 42 will have anyone that will keep Colombo I mean Martin at RT? It's pretty much being implied that Philbin does not like the Martin at LT idea or we'd not had pushed to re-sign Jake. Every other option keeps Martin at LT so Albert is a no brainer. Trading up for Johnson destroys our draft by costing us 3 picks. If we can obtain Albert for a 2nd rounder??? You pay the man and pull the trigger no doubt.

Should they just ignore the offensive line?

So there are only two options, spending a ton of money and picks or rolling out with 4 lineman on the field?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

While we need a LT, if we were in that bad of spot with no options, then why not just pay Long and save the pick??? I'm not saying we should have overpaid Long, I'm just saying they likely would not do what they did and then turn around and giving a high pick and then paying even more to Alberts. Just doesn't make any sense. Either reporter speculation (again) or we're spreading this rumor for a reason.

So there are only two options, spending a ton of money and picks or rolling out with 4 lineman on the field?

Lol. Reminds me of the fat guy who's supposedly on a diet but eating a double quarter pounder and justifying by saying " I have to eat something". Straaaaaaaw maaaaan

Not many teams tag a guy to receive a third round pick.
And not sure why so many think it will only cost a draft pick. The guy will demand a huge contract, so again we're looking at tying up a huge chunk of the cap in an overrated position. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

I really hope Ireland isn't this stupid. I was just coming around...

Orlando but you mention use the 42 pick. But on who? What's left at LT by pick 11 stinks what makes you think pick 42 will have anyone that will keep Colombo I mean Martin at RT? It's pretty much being implied that Philbin does not like the Martin at LT idea or we'd not had pushed to re-sign Jake. Every other option keeps Martin at LT so Albert is a no brainer. Trading up for Johnson destroys our draft by costing us 3 picks. If we can obtain Albert for a 2nd rounder??? You pay the man and pull the trigger no doubt.

Who is implying it? Jake said Miami NEVER contacted him once he came back from St Louis. Doesn't sound like a team desperate to keep him does it? I think IF Jake would have come back at the price Miami offered then fine they would have had him play LT, but they don't seem desperate to get a LT. I have no issue giving Martin a shot to play LT next year and so far it doesn't seem like the actions by Miami do either. As far as picking a RT at #42, one of if not all of Armstead, Long and Watson will be there and I think all of them are day one starters on the right side and all three have te ability (although they are very raw) to play LT at some point.

As far as giving up a second rounder for Albert I'd have no problem with that, but it's the contract he is going to demand to make it a long term deal, and if they don't score TD's, throw them, sacj the QB or intercept the ball they aren't worth tieing up close to 10% of the salary cap. I have been saying it for almost three years, the LT has become over valued in the NFL and paying them $10m a year is not a good ROI.

I just don't see how people would be happy with the Dolphins giving up 2nd round pick and paying 8-9 million a year to a guy who probably won't be able to play an entire season. He only started 11 games in 2012 and played in 13. Bad backs usually don't get any better. So it is very likely that he will not be able to start every game in 2013. I don't like the idea of tying that much cap space into damaged goods. I'd rather pay ,probably less than half of that, to Winston on a 1 or 2 year deal. Then take you chances with Martin improving and drafting another Tackle or two hoping you luck out. Just not a fan of paying big money to injury prone offensive lineman.

You got to do what ever you think is needed to protect Tannehill.

Wtf is this ****? A 2nd? Am I tripping? We will have to pay him almost as much as Jake. What is wrong with the FA's who've played in zbs before? Injury history? Surely someone dosed my coffee. Did we really hold Jake in such low regard? A 3rd at most.

Back
Top Bottom