Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

I doubt they are just going to roll out some steaming pile of a design that hasn't been focus grouped to death by people before they finalize the idea.
people say, oh, the baltimore orioles just went back to their classic cartoon bird. but they really didn't, they went to a modernized version:

oriolescapcompare590x227-1.png

I'm sure the miami logo will take a similar approach. graphic designers are paid a lot more to make these decisions. I find it funny people in here that during the season spend their time talking about how they "broke down the film" are the same people that in the offseason apparently take design classes and know about that too. It's not like if they came out with a crappy logo in your opinion that you would stop cheering on the team, so settle down and see what they come up with.
My biggest fear is that they try to match what the Marlins did. The thing is, the Dolphin Stadium logo is actually kind of close to what the Marlins did.

I doubt they are just going to roll out some steaming pile of a design that hasn't been focus grouped to death by people before they finalize the idea.
people say, oh, the baltimore orioles just went back to their classic cartoon bird. but they really didn't, they went to a modernized version:

oriolescapcompare590x227-1.png

I'm sure the miami logo will take a similar approach. graphic designers are paid a lot more to make these decisions. I find it funny people in here that during the season spend their time talking about how they "broke down the film" are the same people that in the offseason apparently take design classes and know about that too. It's not like if they came out with a crappy logo in your opinion that you would stop cheering on the team, so settle down and see what they come up with.
Well nothing short of death is going to stop me from rooting for the team, but if they settle on the stadium logo or some equally ill-conceived (and butt-ugly) design, it damn well will stop me from buying any Dolphins merchandise until that colossal blunder is rectified.

I'm ready for a new logo maybe its the change we need:idk:

I submitted the logo I am using as my avatar to mike dee via twitter a few months ago and he seemed to like it

It's not a personal attack but i hate that logo. It's too bland, no shape to the dolphin or anything. I don't like the dolphin not having a face either. I'd rather stick with what we had than use that. Our current logo is EXTREMELY recognizable and popular....why mess with that??? And PLEASE don't change the colors.

If we wanted an alternate design/logo the way a few NBA teams have them and only wear once or twice a year, than fine....i'd be ok with a more streamline logo then. But not as our main logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part of the chambers pic is that it's an ALL WHITE throwback. We don't wear the white pants and white jerseys enough. Never a fan of the mix match.

I loveeee shapefins avatar! The revised stadium logo with the Sun behind it is def the way to go. Modern is in. Ross and Dee will be very pleased to choose that logo. The fan base will warm up to it. ANy time a franchise of tradition and history talks of change then the fans scream no. But what's their reasoning??? That The throwback 70-80's unis are the way to go. Why do they say that because simply they have great memories of our phins in those unis beating up on the league in our glory years. Well the current generation of fans doesn't have that connection to the logo. They actually have quite the opposite. It's time for a refresher and that's why they are pursuing a change. They will not go with a 70's design either you know why? Cause its 2012 .

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

one of the only ones i actually like.

stream lined, modern, has the team colors and all the helmet and smiles are gone.

but its still the fins! its still looks like our logo, not something someone would run across in august 2013 and go, "what team is that"!

right off, you still know its the miami dolphins.

there is a whole lot worse that has been submitted that give me the shakes and the disentary. :tubes:

1. Take the helmet OFF the Dolphin
2. Replace the AQUA on the Dolphin with GREY (Dolphins are GREY not AQUA Colored)
3. Replace the NAVY on the Dolphin with AQUA (Water)
4. Give the Dolphin the Streaking Football = Logo re-vamped with Minor changes
5. Make the Helmet AQUA (Water)
6. Facemask = Coral or White
7. Thick CORAL Middle Stripe on Helmet (Sunset)
8. Thinner WHITE stripes either side of the thick coral middle stipe (Cresting Waves)
9. Aqua Uniforms change slightly to include some grey around the neck/sleeves.

I'm sure some of you Photoshop Gurus out there can have a mock up in this thread in under 5 minutes for the rest of the vocal cynical ones on the forum to ridicule (As usual) Which they shouldn't; but SOME of the more silent but faithful frequent Finheaven Lurkers/readers would greatly appreciate.

1. Take the helmet off the dolphin -no
2. Replace the aqua on the dolphin with grey (dolphins are grey not aqua colored) -no
3. Replace the navy on the dolphin with aqua (water) - remove it all together
4. Give the dolphin the streaking football = logo re-vamped with minor changes - no
5. Make the helmet aqua (water) -hell no
6. Facemask = coral or white - grey
7. Thick coral middle stripe on helmet (sunset) - possibly
8. Thinner white stripes either side of the thick coral middle stipe (cresting waves) -no, because the helmet will not be aqua
9. Aqua uniforms change slightly to include some grey around the neck/sleeves. -no.

I'm sure some of you photoshop gurus out there can have a mock up in this thread in under 5 minutes for the rest of the vocal cynical ones on the forum to ridicule (as usual) which they shouldn't; but some of the more silent but faithful frequent finheaven lurkers/readers would greatly appreciate.

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

one of the only ones i actually like.

stream lined, modern, has the team colors and all the helmet and smiles are gone.

but its still the fins! its still looks like our logo, not something someone would run across in august 2013 and go, "what team is that"!

right off, you still know its the miami dolphins.

there is a whole lot worse that has been submitted that give me the shakes and the disentary. :tubes:

...it's horrible. I say just go with the old school logo and clean up the lines. We don't want to run around looking like the Marlins do we? That **** is awful. I don't see an issue going with the style of like Denver/Ravens or some other teams. I'd even like to see a take of what Denvers old logo used to be and instead of the D w/ an bronco you would have it with a dolphin.

This looks wimpy?

No_Name_defense-1.jpg

BVO3iB2kKGrHgoOKi4EjlLmWWnBKUPDCdNW_35JP-1.jpg

clear.gif

Would love to see what doesn't look wimpy then.
Whimpy, hideous, sad, yep pretty much. Great team bad uniforms. Looks like grown ,men dressing up for a dance recital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom