Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

The people who want to go back to the old uniforms are the ones with taste and respect for tradition. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to tell you it sucks.

as a graphic designer that has done numerous logos as well as front end web development, I laugh at my taste being called into question.

I haven't seen anyone that is an advocate for changing the logo talking about drastic change like a "power ranger". I haven't seen anyone mention that they want to crap on tradition As you'll see from my previous post in this thread, I would prefer them use the old logo, and modernize it, much like the baltimore orioles did this year. Going back to the old logo, which has a very dated feel in today's nfl is a mistake.

if you wanna go back to the glory days, and respect tradition, why don't you go to games in bell bottoms listening to disco? if you don't wanna still live in the 70's, why should the players? but maybe you do still live in the 70's but if that's the case, again, I question your ability to tell someone that their taste "sucks"

About damn time. I prefer a classic look. Those 1972 throwbacks we wore thanksgiving in Dallas years ago were the most beautiful uniforms I've ever seen in my life. We should start there and maybe tweak the logo a bit. But please no more cartoon dolphin.

i prefer they leave the helmet on the dolphin but replace the M on that helmet with another little logo.

The helmet on the dolphin is ridiculous and a relic of a bygone era.

The reason the dolphin even had a helmet in the first place is because the AFL had an infatuation with making sure all their logos incorporated a football or helmet somehow.

See here: http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?id=99

The ONLY AFL logo that didn't feature some cartoon looking thing wearing football gear was the Chargers' logo - and as you can tell, it remains the best of the bunch.

Can you imagine if these teams kept some of these ridiculous AFL logos?

376-1.gif

8m4a4g638u94p6bgmm5pacse7-1.gif

ojbtoggcku8s3iq2mh9e-1.gif

2aqyixgohws3xwl7zir9-1.gif

These got phased out pretty quickly, and for good reason. The only reason the helmet stayed on the Dolphins' logo is because the Dolphins had early success and the fanbase become enamored with "tradition". You can bet that if the Dolphins had a tradition like the Bengals, they would have changed their crappy logo a long time ago...

Attachments

• ojbtoggcku8s3iq2mh9e.gif
    ojbtoggcku8s3iq2mh9e.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2aqyixgohws3xwl7zir9.gif
    2aqyixgohws3xwl7zir9.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
What am I missing here? It's the current dolphin on top of the old sunshine logo. Instead, take the original logo and clean up everything and make it semetric and we might have something. I'm going to have a friend of mine try and mess with it.

gladsadmad's dolphin is a merge of the classic dolphin and the modern dolphin. You can tell by the tail, mouth and the color.

Back
Top Bottom