Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow

Miami doesn't draft WR's in the first round....ok, there was the brain fart when we took Ted Ginn, and then I think we also went with Yatil Green in 1997? There is no reason to reach for one in round one.

Reach for one. How do you figure this is by far one of the best drafts for a WR. Given that statement if a receiver is tops on the list of such a great draft class for a WR then how do you figure this would be a reach for a WR. I'm thinking this is the best year to draft a WR in the first round as you get the cream of the crop on a very very deep WR class. Some peoples kids I swear :(

Lee brings to the table something that we don't have in our #2 WR: Being great after the catch. Hartline does not have anywhere near that explosiveness after the catch ability that Lee has. And with the type of O that Lazer will implement here I see why they're looking to upgrade our WR corps.

He's my 12th best player in the draft. He's also a perfect fit for a WCO. Couldn't be mad at the pick.
That is pretty high - you must love him. What do you say to the argument that USC Trojan offensive players seem to underperform in the NFL?
Eg QBs - Matt Leinert, Matt Barkley, Carson Palmer, WRs -Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith (the former Giant, not the former Panther), Patrick Turner (he was drafted 3rd round and Hartline 4th round - never played a snap for Miami, Hartline has been a stud). Even RB Reggie Bush while decent, failed to live up to his high draft position.
Marquise Lee may be different, but it seems that far too many of the USC Trojans are drafted high and we later find out that they are extremely selfish, indulgent pretty boys who struggle to make it in the NFL. USC seems to have more success with O-line and Defensive players. The Trojan background may be a reason why Lee is dropping.
Welcome your thoughts..

That is pretty high - you must love him. What do you say to the argument that USC Trojan offensive players seem to underperform in the NFL?
Eg QBs - Matt Leinert, Matt Barkley, Carson Palmer, WRs -Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith (the former Giant, not the former Panther), Patrick Turner (he was drafted 3rd round and Hartline 4th round - never played a snap for Miami, Hartline has been a stud). Even RB Reggie Bush while decent, failed to live up to his high draft position.
Marquise Lee may be different, but it seems that far too many of the USC Trojans are drafted high and we later find out that they are extremely selfish, indulgent pretty boys who struggle to make it in the NFL. USC seems to have more success with O-line and Defensive players. The Trojan background may be a reason why Lee is dropping.
Welcome your thoughts..

You forgot Sanchez

Welcome your thoughts..

For a while, USC had a great system in place (we saw the guy that implemented the system just win a SB). Think of Alabama and that great system and how many "busts" it's given the league. They sometimes make the players look like better prospects than they are.

Lee is far removed from the glory days of USC, and I haven't seen any indications that he was being made look better than he is; if anything, the opposite is true.

futurescout said it, but Lee gets in and out of his breaks like he bleeds WD40. He eats up cushion, because he doesn't lose momentum when he changes direction. The only other player, in this loaded class, who can do that is Tevin Reese. He's the definition of football fast. He'll always look like the fastest player on the field.

Like the guys potential talent, but there is a huge risk there with a little bit of injury history and underperformance last year. I know some people blame the QB, coach, etc., but some say it was partly him as well. I'd be interested in the second round if he's still there (which I doubt at our pick), but I wouldn't risk the first round pick with the other talent and needs we have and could fill.

For a while, USC had a great system in place (we saw the guy that implemented the system just win a SB). Think of Alabama and that great system and how many "busts" it's given the league. They sometimes make the players look like better prospects than they are.

Lee is far removed from the glory days of USC, and I haven't seen any indications that he was being made look better than he is; if anything, the opposite is true.

futurescout said it, but Lee gets in and out of his breaks like he bleeds WD40. He eats up cushion, because he doesn't lose momentum when he changes direction. The only other player, in this loaded class, who can do that is Tevin Reese. He's the definition of football fast. He'll always look like the fastest player on the field.

J I couldn't agree more. His breaks in his routes are so fluid the DBs just seem to have no clue what's coming. He runs a 4.5 in full gear. Most guys run a 4.4 in shorts but a 4.55 in gear. Lee stays just as fast. His highlight video shows him constantly running away from corners and safeties or he's behind the secondary. Guy is fast and smooth. I would love him as our pick.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Like the guys potential talent, but there is a huge risk there with a little bit of injury history and underperformance last year. I know some people blame the QB, coach, etc., but some say it was partly him as well. I'd be interested in the second round if he's still there (which I doubt at our pick), but I wouldn't risk the first round pick with the other talent and needs we have and could fill.

I bet last year you would have been singing a different tune. This kid is a stud and a steal at 19.

Do it! I love this pick if it happens! Fact is we need a real #1 receiver. Being able to use Wallace all over the field and find holes that lee makes and vice versa would be amazing. Though I love hartline and think he's a great player in his own right, he is more of a timing sideline throw kind of guy, he might be the best in the league at that but he is kind of a one trick pony.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom