Dolphins to lower offer to Ogunleye | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to lower offer to Ogunleye

dolphan39 said:
the team had to do this since OGun has not reported and is not close to signing. Why use 1.8 mil in cap space for someone who may only be inactive for 6 games
I agree. If he isn't going to play then don't pay him. Personally I think that this will make him change his tune and he'll sign for the 1.8 million. It seems to me that the Ogun has been trying to bully the FO in the negotiations and it's about time that the FO did something like this. This should have been done a long time ago. Either get him in camp or pay him crap and let him sit out.

Well now we can get Chambers signed to that long term deal with the money we are saving on Ogun. Ogun is a good player but I do think playing opposite of JT had a lot to do with it. It will be a shame for him to waste the whole year but it is crazy to spend Kearse or Windstrom money on him. I am not saying he isn't as good as those guys but the contracts they got were just ridiculous. We will move on without him and not look back.

This was the right thing to do. If Ogunleye decides to sit out, we will be paying him less money. If he decides to resign then this will be meaningless.

I liked him and defended his position and I understand he wants the rims that spin, but dammit this is going on too far.
Ogun has to show the NFL he can perform as a top 5 DE for another year. This is the time to show them what he is made of. Put it all on the table and reap the rewards when all is said and done next year.

Now he is dragging himself through the mud because of what? He can't take one more year of playing beside Jason Taylor?
Somebody call Gadsden and connect him with OGUN to let him know what happens when you allow your agent to take control! :shakeno:
Sooner or later, somebody will have to blink.

I totally agree with what they are doing. I have read articles where the sides are far apart so why pay him if he is not gonna play. I believe he deserves more money but not what he is asking. It is said he wants over 10 million in just signing bonus not including contract. There are other players and needs to be addressed. This guy in my opinion should play for what we offered and if he proves his self this year then he will get his payday. Jason Taylor did and I believe he has tryed to encourage Wale to. I also read an article that Wale wants to take care of his mother. He said his mother has taken care of him his whole life and now its his turn. He also said he is just one injury away from (on his salary now) not being able to do that. IMO thats why these guys go to college so they have a career after football.

Justasportsfan said:
ZOD said:
Right back at ya buddy. :mdfin:

That's 7 million dollars a year we can't afford on defense. The Bills spent an azz of money last year on defense. What did it get them?

QUOTE] A 30th ranked D the prior year to no. 2 last year. We still have ton of cap space next year. :D In the meantime, your D dropped a few ranks inspite of Wally's contribution that I'm hopin will be gone this year :mdfin: .

Yah and you went from 11th to 30th in offense. What good is cap room when your teams too cheap to spend it.

jesusfreak26 said:
I totally agree with what they are doing. I have read articles where the sides are far apart so why pay him if he is not gonna play. I believe he deserves more money but not what he is asking. It is said he wants over 10 million in just signing bonus not including contract. There are other players and needs to be addressed. This guy in my opinion should play for what we offered and if he proves his self this year then he will get his payday. Jason Taylor did and I believe he has tryed to encourage Wale to. I also read an article that Wale wants to take care of his mother. He said his mother has taken care of him his whole life and now its his turn. He also said he is just one injury away from (on his salary now) not being able to do that. IMO thats why these guys go to college so they have a career after football.

Lord knows that I'm not particulary fond of our FO. but i have to say I agree with them 100% with cutting his tender. Sure, ogun WANTS as much as he can get and don't knock him for trying but now it's time to sign and suit up. It's pretty obvious that he's not worth anywhere near what he [Drew] wants since he didn't garner a whole lot of interest in FA. Sure, the picks factor into it and that could've been changed but it says alot when a team just wants to swap picks instead of giving the picks. but i do find the "one injury" excuse rather lame because that is true of any athlete in any pro sport and that is simply the risk you have to be willing to take. But let's not forget.......they ALL do it "for Mama", right?? ;)

VanDolPhan said:
Yah and you went from 11th to 30th in offense. What good is cap room when your teams too cheap to spend it.
that was last year. Now that our D is in place, Moulds, Reed Evans, Shaw, Henry, Mcgahee and Mcnally to fix the OL. :D That 30th spot should be top 10, I hope :D

Justasportsfan said:
that was last year. Now that our D is in place, Moulds, Reed Evans, Shaw, Henry, Mcgahee and Mcnally to fix the OL. :D That 30th spot should be top 10, I hope :D
Bills have more weapons on offense than last year, but I seriously doubt that McNally alone fixes the OL. Bills OL still looks abysmal with an immobile QB. A recipe for disaster as we saw last year. The Bills are still at least a year away before contending again, and Bledsoe will likely be gone anyway.

Back
Top Bottom