Dolphins to lower offer to Ogunleye | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to lower offer to Ogunleye

FlyingElvis said:
Bills have more weapons on offense than last year, but I seriously doubt that McNally alone fixes the OL. Bills OL still looks abysmal with an immobile QB. A recipe for disaster as we saw last year. The Bills are still at least a year away before contending again, and Bledsoe will likely be gone anyway.
I almost agree.Mcnally himself said he's not a miracle worker. If he however think we have the talent , I would give him the benefit of the doubt based on his record that he thinks we have it. We can run block, that's a given. We just have to fix our pass block to compliment the run.

Gilbrides scheme depended on the qb, wr's and OL making the same reads and being on the same page. They couldn't because it was too complicated. When Mularkey took over Gilbrides system at Pitts, they moved from 23 to no. 3 and had the best running team for that year and made probowlers out of Kordell and Maddox. I'm not saying it will happen w/ the bills. An offensive minded coach has to be better than Greghead Williams and should compliment our no. 2 D.

All that and the bills will still suck. At the very least this has nothing to do with the thread. Miami did what it needed to do. Now maybe the plaayer will do what he has needed to do. Take the one yr deal and move on out if he wants as a fa next yr.

Back to the topic at hand...

This contract situation hurts both sides. The Dolphins would be better off with ogun but not at the price he is asking. Ogun, on the other hand, is shooting himself in the foot. I'm not trying to detract from the great season wale had in '03, but let's be real. With D Bowens coming back (our projected '03 starter) and Chester slimmed down and raring to go, the d-line will be fine. We were fine when trace Armstrong left for the raiders. We were fine when Kenny Mixon signed a bloated contract with the Vikings. We were fine when Bowens went down to a freak knee injury last year and we will be fine when Drew Rosenlouse permanently damages the career prospects of a fine young DE by having him throw away an entire season at the peak of his carrer. (And we'll be fine when we take the money we DIDN"T waste on ogun and use it lock up the future of our receiving corps, Chambers and McMichael!).

Hold your ground R Spielman; you're making the right move.

Who's any good out there that we can bring in under our cap?

should have traded him, he's going to be distraction. not good. they need that money(his big $'s) for chambers...i'd rather keep chris..trade Ogunleye now, maybe we can get someones 1st next year...hurry..these situations are never ever good..

ok one more time , WE CANT TRADE OGUN, he is not under contract, and sign and trade deals, unlike in the NBA don´t happen in the NFL often....

Sign and trade is a great idea. Damn ogun and pay chambers. He hasn't proven to be a top 5 DE so he's not gonna be paid like one

justasportsfan if you are such a buffalo fan why dont you roam your own boards instead of clogging up our boards with such inane crap..i mean there has to be lots of things going on in chicken wing country - JP crapman, will mcgahee start and other unscupulous bill issues...

I think both sides are doing the right thing for what's in their best interest. Wale has proven he's worth more than $1.8 million. And the Phins seem to be determined not to use up all their remaining cap space on one player. Can't blame Wale for the Phins refusal to even come to the bargaining table on this one. They have refused to negotiate.

A deal will get done, but not soon enough for our liking (like now).

Muck said:
Can't blame Wale for the Phins refusal to even come to the bargaining table on this one. They have refused to negotiate.

A deal will get done, but not soon enough for our liking (like now).

You can't say the Dolphins have refused to negotiate anymore. Rosenhaus himself has said publicly the Dolphins have made an offer and he has counter offered.

I do agree that they will reach a deal but not until the pressure is really on both sides to come to an agreement. That is his style unless the GM or Owner is giving his client the largest deal in the league like Kearse and Portis. :)

My guess with training camp starting in late July that the negotiations heat up and get done the beginning of August. That way Wale doesn't miss training camp and both sides will make the biggest concessions for that reason.

I'm not a manager to be able to know what Ogunleye is worth or not. I do have a few questions for him
He had a great year last year, but how good would it of been without Jason Taylor on the other side. If he was so good, why wasn't he there with the same tremendous performance year after year?
What gives him the idea he has the same skill level as those that he's trying to get the same kind of money as they got?
If he sits out for 10 games, does he think they'll put him in for the last 6 games? I highly doubt this. Not because they'll be pissed at him. But because he won't have the timing of the Dline, the teamwork won't be present with the other linemen, he'll of been out of practice for over 3-4 months while the DE that took his place will be in better condition.

I guess the only way I see him in is if someone gets hurt or they reach an agreement.

FinFanGirl said:
justasportsfan if you are such a buffalo fan why dont you roam your own boards instead of clogging up our boards with such inane crap..i mean there has to be lots of things going on in chicken wing country - JP crapman, will mcgahee start and other unscupulous bill issues...

:shakeno:

FinFanGirl said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom