Dolphins to lower offer to Ogunleye | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to lower offer to Ogunleye

Well the chickens are coming home to roost Ogun. Your gonna lose your fancy foosball contract

FinFanGirl said:
justasportsfan if you are such a buffalo fan why dont you roam your own boards instead of clogging up our boards with such inane crap..i mean there has to be lots of things going on in chicken wing country - JP crapman, will mcgahee start and other unscupulous bill issues...
:mdfin:

ogunleyes a stingy butthole. trade his *** and get someone who can improve our offense as well as a draft pick of some sort

phinphanphrommi said:
That's IF the Phins let him back for those 6 games. If they've gone and signed a replacement... you think they're gonna let him waltz back in for 6 games and start? Don't think so. So change that to an offer for a DE who hasn't played a game in well over a year(this offseason + this season + next offseason). Ogun is so screwing himself.

i really hope the phins do this. if this is what eventually happens, then will he qualify for un-restricted free agency? i know all needs is to play six games to qualify but if he isn't even activated does this apply? how much do the phins really control this situation?

DOLFANMIKE said:
Who's any good out there that we can bring in under our cap?

i wouldn't worry about another DE to bring in, assuming that's what you meant. IMO, we have very good depth there already in Bowens, Wms and grigsby. I'd use the $$ elsewhere.

DOLPHAN1 said:
i really hope the phins do this. if this is what eventually happens, then will he qualify for un-restricted free agency? i know all needs is to play six games to qualify but if he isn't even activated does this apply? how much do the phins really control this situation?

Yes it counts. Makes no difference, as long as he signs the tender [in time], he qualify for the 6 gms to make it an accrued season even if he is not activated. The reason I think that they may not even activate him would be to not allow him to "build his showcase" any bigger. if we're way out of the playoff race, then he wouldn't help us anyway. if we're right in the thick of it again, then i'd go with what got us there and not upset any team chemistry.

DeDolfan said:
Yes it counts. Makes no difference, as long as he signs the tender [in time], he qualify for the 6 gms to make it an accrued season even if he is not activated. The reason I think that they may not even activate him would be to not allow him to "build his showcase" any bigger. if we're way out of the playoff race, then he wouldn't help us anyway. if we're right in the thick of it again, then i'd go with what got us there and not upset any team chemistry.

The apparent look of things right now would be that Ogun would report for game 7. The Dolphins would then suspend Ogun for 3 games, saving them a few game checks. Ogun would then be available for the last 6 games, just in time to accrue a year of play and be considered an UFA next year. I would assume that the Dolphins would leave Ogun inactive for the 6 games he was available for, thus making Ogun's last action December of 2003. By the time camp rolls around for next season (May 2005) Ogun will have had a nice 17 month hiatus from football.

As I said before:

17 month break + serious injury history + performance doubts (played opposite a perrenial prowbowler) = 1 highly questionable DE

How much would YOU give for anyone in the above situation? :eek:

phinphanphrommi said:
The apparent look of things right now would be that Ogun would report for game 7. The Dolphins would then suspend Ogun for 3 games, saving them a few game checks. Ogun would then be available for the last 6 games, just in time to accrue a year of play and be considered an UFA next year. I would assume that the Dolphins would leave Ogun inactive for the 6 games he was available for, thus making Ogun's last action December of 2003. By the time camp rolls around for next season (May 2005) Ogun will have had a nice 17 month hiatus from football.

As I said before:

17 month break + serious injury history + performance doubts (played opposite a perrenial prowbowler) = 1 highly questionable DE

How much would YOU give for anyone in the above situation? :eek:

I concur. As little as possible and no playing time! What he doesn't realize is that he stands to lose more than he's made so far in the NFL w/o any chance of getting it back. if he just played for the 1.8, he would have had that much and would be assured at least being an UFA next yr.

DeDolfan said:

....but he needs to sign the tender, correct? then why is he jackin' around? it seems he would have at least signed the tender by now if this is the plan. i might understand this plan if he had more accrued playing time and was more of a bonefied star, or "sure thing". unfortunately, there are plenty of teams that will take a chance on someone like him. i'm afraid we have seen his final playing days with miami. that might actually be the plan.

DOLPHAN1 said:
....but he needs to sign the tender, correct? then why is he jackin' around? it seems he would have at least signed the tender by now if this is the plan. i might understand this plan if he had more accrued playing time and was more of a bonefied star, or "sure thing". unfortunately, there are plenty of teams that will take a chance on someone like him. i'm afraid we have seen his final playing days with miami. that might actually be the plan.

I have no idea what the holdup is at this point or even why, for that matter. if i were RS, I'd just cut him if he signs in time for the last 6 gms. But I actually wouldn't since he could just sign with the pats, say, to finish the yr in "retaliation", especially if we were really dukin' it out with them. but i am growing pretty tired of all this and could care less if we sign him or not since we've got decent depth at SE anyway and i'm sure that's why rick is not jumping at him. but if he only shows up for the last 6 gms, no way would i activate him and let him play. just let him go via UFA next yr and we'll all know what he's worth then.

Wale won't get credit for the year if he sits out 10 games. I read that he'd still be a restricted free agent under a clause the Phins can excercise in the collective bargaining agreement.

Seems to me everybody commenting on camp brags about the bad-azz D-line dominating daily. O-gun is maybe just holding himself out of a serious year on defense. last year it was competitive at RE before D Bowens got hurt-better to spend that money on O-line-Go Ricky !!!

Back
Top Bottom