Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge

I wonder if the timing of this has more to do with the Pouncey injury or if they didn't like what they saw out of the guards at otas.

It could be some of both, they said they would re-consider a veteran OL after the draft. They have to go into the season with the thought they have done everything they can to improve the OL even though it's tough to do in one season, otherwise shame on them.

I they like what they see with Colledge, then by all means....sign the guy! He will bring a much needed experience to our young line.

Colledge is washed up. I would prefer Samson Satele who is younger and can play both G and C. I still think the Parcells/Ireland regime made a huge mistake letting him go.

so how will pouncey's roster spot work if he goes on the pup? Is he counted towards the 53 man roster or is he exempt? I would almost rather let the young guys take their lumps and earn their keep instead of signing colledge if we have to cut somebody that's ascending to fit him on the roster.

so how will pouncey's roster spot work if he goes on the pup? Is he counted towards the 53 man roster or is he exempt? I would almost rather let the young guys take their lumps and earn their keep instead of signing colledge if we have to cut somebody that's ascending to fit him on the roster.

He will not count against the roster until he comes off the PUP list.

Colledge is washed up. I would prefer Samson Satele who is younger and can play both G and C. I still think the Parcells/Ireland regime made a huge mistake letting him go.

You got your wish!! Satele is also coming in Monday for a try out! I would not be opposed to getting both!

Of course you do.

Yea because I think everyone is done, my bad I forgot all these teams are lining up to sign him.
He had a visits with such stellar oline teams as the Raiders and Rams in march without any contract offer then the Eagles kicked the tires in May with no contract.
Im sure there will be a bidding war for his services. Lets not also forget he was cut the Cardinals who have crap at guard but yea me saying he is done is so far fetched. I meant outside of Johnathon Cooper at guard

Yea because I think everyone is done, my bad I forgot all these teams are lining up to sign him.
He had a visits with such stellar oline teams as the Raiders and Rams in march without any contract offer then the Eagles kicked the tires in May with no contract.
Im sure there will be a bidding war for his services. Lets not also forget he was cut the Cardinals who have crap at guard but yea me saying he is done is so far fetched. I meant outside of Johnathon Cooper at guard

Right now the Cardinals don't even have Cooper at guard because his broken leg is not fully healed.

Colledge was released because of his salary cap figure of almost $8 million.

Right now the Cardinals don't even have Cooper at guard because his broken leg is not fully healed.

Colledge was released because of his salary cap figure of almost $8 million.

And nobody has signed him to this point because of his old salary cap figure? Makes perfect sense. Im pretty sure the salary cap wasn't the only reason.
He was a solid player when he first got there but he has badly regressed. Still might be worthwhile to sign because guys like Garner or Brenner are really no better.
Not even sure Smith is a better player

And nobody has signed him to this point because of his old salary cap figure? Makes perfect sense. Im pretty sure the salary cap wasn't the only reason.
He was a solid player when he first got there but he has badly regressed. Still might be worthwhile to sign because guys like Garner or Brenner are really no better.

I didn't say he hasn't signed with anyone because of his old salary cap figure.

Colledge salary cap figure was not the only reason for his release. Like he said in an interview, the Cardinals wanted to go younger and cheaper.

I didn't say he hasn't signed with anyone because of his old salary cap figure.

Colledge salary cap figure was not the only reason for his release. Like he said in an interview, the Cardinals wanted to go younger and cheaper.
And possibly better . If Colledge was playing at a high level last year teams would have jumped on him once released. I mean why pay top shelf for a middle of the pack guard at best.

Last year, he gave up 2 sacks, 8 hits, and 19 hurries, with a bad run grade of -5.7. In 2012, he gave up 4- 3- and 14, with a run grade of -6.9. How is that badly regressing?

Chances are he wants more than teams were willing to give before the draft. We shall see who comes back into the picture now.

And possibly better . If Colledge was playing at a high level last year teams would have jumped on him once released. I mean why pay top shelf for a middle of the pack guard at best.

Maybe maybe not. Travelle Wharton was, according to ProFootball Focus, a top 5 OG last season and he has yet to sign with anyone. Sometimes it's the teams and sometimes it's the player being the reason why someone remains unsigned. Many veterans would like to wait until training camp to sign a contract as to avoid OTAs and mini-camp.

Last year, he gave up 2 sacks, 8 hits, and 19 hurries, with a bad run grade of -5.7. In 2012, he gave up 4- 3- and 14, with a run grade of -6.9. How is that badly regressing?

Chances are he wants more than teams were willing to give before the draft. We shall see who comes back into the picture now.

Im speaking from his first year in Arizona and In which is was among the better guards in the run game. As for PFF grades I could care less esp since PFF said we had an average line last year.
In 2011 he played well for Arizona over the past two years not so much. He had a visit back in may and still went unsigned and that was only one visit. If he signs it will be vet minimum

Back
Top Bottom