Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge

Maybe maybe not. Travelle Wharton was, according to ProFootball Focus, a top 5 OG last season and he has yet to sign with anyone. Sometimes it's the teams and sometimes it's the player being the reason why someone remains unsigned. Many veterans would like to wait until training camp to sign a contract as to avoid OTAs and mini-camp.

Wharton is contemplating retirement and hasn't took a visit yet. Colledge on the other hand has visited 3 teams and not had one contract offer

Wharton is contemplating retirement and hasn't took a visit yet. Colledge on the other hand has visited 3 teams and not had one contract offer

Which means what exactly? Like Southbeach2 said, maybe he wants more than what teams were willing to pay. Maybe he wants a chance to start and not be a backup.

Im speaking from his first year in Arizona and In which is was among the better guards in the run game. As for PFF grades I could care less esp since PFF said we had an average line last year.
In 2011 he played well for Arizona over the past two years not so much. He had a visit back in may and still went unsigned and that was only one visit. If he signs it will be vet minimum

As you say, he was much better on the run in 2011 but, worse on the pass with 3 sacks, 4 hits, and 24 hurries. Did not know you were a big Colledge fan in watching his play the last 3 years or, are you basing that on something else?

Are you a closet PFF fan? JK/LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
As you say, he was much better on the run in 2011 but, worse on the pass with 3 sacks, 4 hits, and 24 hurries. Did not know you were a big Colledge fan in watching his play the last 3 years or, are you basing that on something else?
I watch alor of football throughout the year using NFL rewind, which I much prefer to ripoffs like Sunday ticket which makes u channel surf during the games. Im just wondering do u ever base any opinion on a player off anything other than PFF. I don't think I have to be a College fan to give an honest opinion on him. That's all anybody on this board can actually do since none of us are professional scouts.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Which means what exactly? Like Southbeach2 said, maybe he wants more than what teams were willing to pay. Maybe he wants a chance to start and not be a backup.

if he wants more than they are willing to pay, he still should have received a low ball offer from one of the three teams he has visited. News of contract offers isn't exactly a secret these days.

I watch alor of football throughout the year using NFL rewind, which I much prefer to ripoffs like Sunday ticket which makes u channel surf during the games. Im just wondering do u ever base any opinion on a player off anything other than PFF. I don't think I have to be a College fan to give an honest opinion on him. That's all anybody on this board can actually do since none of us are professional scouts..

I watch a Dolphins game, and see the good and bad in the heat of the moment. Then, talk to friends on their opinions, see the reports and opinions on this forum, which I sometimes dispute/debate. Then, I watch the game again, focusing mostly on the OL play, and assorted others. Then, I look up what PFF has to say, as they have watched every play of every player, which I have no time to do. I sometimes disagree but, defer to them as they have spent 10 times the time and effort as me to watch individual play. My opinions do change, as anyone's should with the more they learn.

They do not watch the team, the O, the D, or how players have played together. They only grade and rank individual play, and are the best out there. I post what they have to say over my own opinion, unless I disagree, because they have much more info than myself.

Some here believe they know more because they watch the games. How is that possible on individual play in watching the game, as opposed to over 10 hours of watching film? It's not, and I know of no one else who puts in that time and effort.

On Colledge, he played over 3,000 snaps in the last 3 years. How many did you see?

I watch a Dolphins game, and see the good and bad in the heat of the moment. Then, talk to friends on their opinions, see the reports and opinions on this forum, which I sometimes dispute/debate. Then, I watch the game again, focusing mostly on the OL play, and assorted others. Then, I look up what PFF has to say, as they have watched every play of every player, which I have no time to do. I sometimes disagree but, defer to them as they have spent 10 times the time and effort as me to watch individual play. My opinions do change, as anyone's should with the more they learn.

They do not watch the team, the O, the D, or how players have played together. They only grade and rank individual play, and are the best out there. I post what they have to say over my own opinion, unless I disagree, because they have much more info than myself.

Some here believe they know more because they watch the games. How is that possible on individual play in watching the game, as opposed to over 10 hours of watching film? It's not, and I know of no one else who puts in that time and effort.

On Colledge, he played over 3,000 snaps in the last 3 years. How many did you see?

If the guys at PFF were such experts at OL play then why have we basically replaced our whole oline which they thought was average last year. I have seen much on PFF like how Joque Bell is rated highed as a RB than Reggie Bush. or even better that he is a better back than Knowshawn Moreno or Legarrete Blount.

If the guys at PFF were such experts at OL play then why have we basically replaced our whole oline which they thought was average last year. I have seen much on PFF like how Joque Bell is rated highed as a RB than Reggie Bush. or even better that he is a better back than Knowshawn Moreno or Legarrete Blount.

As you well know, they had Miami at #16 on the pass but, #30 on the run, which overall is far from average.

Bell played very well, with a grade of +9.4 on the pass, 53 of 64 for 547 with 6 drops, and +4.9 on the run.

Blount had a +7.8 on the run but, a -0.3 on the pass, which everyone should agree with.

Moreno had a +7 on the pass, and a +4.2 on the run. Debatable, no time to dig deeper.

Bush was +1.9 on the pass, 54 of 76 for 506 with 10 drops, and +1.1 on the run.

Without getting into more time on the why's involved, have to think there are big questions on what you thought, and further facts. That happens with learning more, as does individual player evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom