Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl 9m9 minutes ago
#Saints missed badly on Anthony, a 2015 1st rounder.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 6m6 minutes ago
Maybe a new start, change of scenery in Miami sets Stephone Anthony right. But he was not good in New Orleans.

Alex Marvez‏Verified account @alexmarvez 5m5 minutes ago
I figure Adam Gase asked his father-in-law & former @Saints LBs coach Joe Vitt for scouting report before making Stephone Anthony trade.

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 11s11 seconds ago
New Dolphin LB Anthony started 16 games as rookie in 2015, but play declined. Three starts last season. Hasn't played in game this season.

this is from wiki..

2015 seasonEdit.

Anthony finished his rookie season with 112 tackles, one sack, one interception, and two forced fumbles. He had two scores, both coming against the Carolina Panthers, and led all rookies in tackles. Anthony was also named to the Pro Football Writers Associationall-rookie team.[9]

2016 seasonEdit
On May 14, 2016, it was announced that Anthony would be moved to strongside linebacker, a position he never played before in the NFL.[10] Anthony would go on to only play in 10 games in the regular season, recording 16 tackles. On December 20 he was placed on the injured reserve list, ending his2016 season.[11]

oh yeah Timmons is done. ..suspend him and then trying to get some of the money back

Big athletic guy who isnt the smartest LB. Basically a signing to add athleticism and potential blitzing.

He was not good for New Orleans but he's young and again adds athleticism

Exactly right. His instincts and football intelligence are the major limiting factors. He does fit better as a 4-3 SLB than a 3-4 ILB or OLB, and, as you noted, he should be Miami's best blitzing LB. He's also shown the ability to cover TE's down the seam. Assuming it's a 5th-7th, I think it's a very good move.

I don't think so, they brought Anthony to play Mike in my opinion and for depth,, still need Timmons to play outside.

He has zero instincts it's strong and maybe nickel athlete. No feel for playing lb completely lost.

Why not shop in the packers first team Ilb trash can.

I remember a bunch of people on here had him mocked to us in the 2nd. The general consensus was that he was huge but didn't have much going on upstairs. If he has retained at least a 2nd round talent I'd be pretty stoked. NO defense has been a sieve so we can really rule out players just because they were a Saint. I'm down with it as long as it was a 6th or 7th

Back
Top Bottom