Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

What a defensive line we would have if we land Poe, especially if we draft a DE early.

We could make a dramatic improvement against the run man.

I'm surprised if we have the cash to attract Dontari Poe. However, if we were not genuinely interested in signing him, why would we waste the time of all of our key football staff, i.e. Gase, Tannenbaum, Grier, etc in this endeavor? For him to fly to Miami says that we are in the mix.

He isnt on a plane yet.

I'm really torn on wishing Poe would sign here or not. I've heard nothing but bad things about his work ethic, his injuries and the salary he'll demand. On the other hand, however, I did watch a few KC games where he was a monster clogging up the middle. I'm glad it's not me making these decisions....

Poe is a force in the middle and he would make our run defense a ****ing brick wall this year.
Throw as much money as is humany possible at him for one season and go from there.
We bring in Poe and a real Mike or Strongside LB in the draft, and our front 7 has gone from ass to class in one off season.

I'm all for Miami signing Poe to a prove it type 1 year contract, possibly with a 2nd Year option. Back issues are tricky especially with Poe being about 340-345 lbs, I think he'd need to lose some of that weight to get better overall health. Playing in a 4-3 may extend his career as well, because of the lessened pounding his body would take as opposed to playing NT, like he did in KC. Being only 26 yrs old and playing next to Suh, could really make his career take off into another dimension. Got my concerns, but see the possibilities.

Poe is a force in the middle and he would make our run defense a ****ing brick wall this year.
Throw as much money as is humany possible at him for one season and go from there.
We bring in Poe and a real Mike or Strongside LB in the draft, and our front 7 has gone from ass to class in one off season.

Would help shut down the opponents interior running game but we still need DEs and OLBs who can stop the outside runs. We were gashed there all last season.

Apparently a poster on page 14 said he did leave ATL

Josina Anderson ✔ @JosinaAnderson
I'm told DT Dontari Poe is scheduled to travel tonight for a visit the #Dolphins, at this time. He has not left Georgia yet.

Josina Anderson [emoji818] @JosinaAnderson
I'm told DT Dontari Poe is scheduled to travel tonight for a visit the #Dolphins, at this time. He has not left Georgia yet.

f76a59bcad75ebe2fa4c63f39a7dfeaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While not wildly thrilling like years past I've come to appreciate our methodical approach to this FA season. Solid yet unspectacular. I'm ready for spectacular. Jordan Phillips could become a very dynamic backup/situational player or simply be pushed so much by Poe's presence in front of him that he himself reaches his full potential. I've long thought DT was the second most important position in football so being stout there is huge for me.

That said I'm prepared for it not to happen. I like our roster regardless. If we do land Poe I think we can consider a move up for Hooker or Adams.

I've been wondering all day what value Leontee Carroo has to a WR deprived team in Cleveland.

Poe will greatly help the run defense

Back
Top Bottom