Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

@AllbrightNFL: I'm told Dontari Poe is "very excited" about his impending visit w/ the #Dolphins. They were always near the top of his list. Now about $

Ben is right about 50% of the time, he broke the stills contract. take from this what you wish...

That obviously means miami has dropped some #s to his representation which has to be a very large guaranteed # relative to whatever the years are in play here

Whats the dt tag #?

Im just wondering cause this guy has to be worth at minimum even a week into free agency $8 million fully guaranteed as a free agent on a one year deal...has to be

Im not aware of any injury history either

Its got to fall between 8 and 12 i would think and id lean closer to double digits fully guaranteed

No way hes only getting $5 million or something
He had back surgery.

That obviously means miami has dropped some #s to his representation which has to be a very large guaranteed # relative to whatever the years are in play here

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Our run defense made me sick to my stomach at times the last couple of seasons.

But we gotta hit on our draft picks. Absolutely gotta just not screw it up this time around.

Not sure I want a 346 lb guy with history of back surgery. He was good for first 2 yrs but his play has declined since his back issues. Kinda reminds me of Daryl Gardner after his back stuff. Overall....Pass

He had a discectomy procedure. He can cause a re-herniation at that same level. Large guy, lots of games, long flights, inconsistent sleep, poor eating habits.....boom! He's on IR week 12.

He had a discectomy procedure. He can cause a re-herniation at that same level. Large guy, lots of games, long flights, inconsistent sleep, poor eating habits.....boom! He's on IR week 12.

He'll lose weight in Miami. It makes sense to have weight on your body when you play in a cold weather city. I sure as hell have that mentality for myself :lol:

I suspect if he signs here it will be for 10 or below. Clearly nobody else has blown him.away in terms of $

Hmmm that might be why hes taking so many visits teams spooked by the price relative to the medical...at the same time that also may be why youd get a heck of a bargain on a one year pact...could blow up on us like mario williams did but could prove to be a free agency steal

Do you guys know if he took time off during game week prep from practice?

Id say if medical is a legit concern that $12 million fully guaranteed comes off the table but $8 million may still be in play...medical green flags it though i dont see how you dont take the chance

Miami probably would ask him to drop weight anyways cause i doubt theyd ask him to 2 gap...maybe 330 for us

Lets hypothetical this...you paying him $12 million fully guaranteed on a one year deal?

If Miami did have 18 mil, I'd axe Misi to get that up to 22.5. The rookies will run Miami about 6 million and if they carry 10 million into the season, that leaves 5.5 for Poe. That doesn't seem to be enough.

Is a restructure possible with someone else? Would they cut Jordan for more room to sign Poe?

If Miami did have 18 mil, I'd axe Misi to get that up to 22.5. The rookies will run Miami about 6 million and if they carry 10 million into the season, that leaves 5.5 for Poe. That doesn't seem to be enough.

Is a restructure possible with someone else? Would they cut Jordan for more room to sign Poe?

Jordan lost all his incentives and bonus money. I supect that cutting him saves you very little. The cap websites probably dont reflect this

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Hmmm that might be why hes taking so many visits teams spooked by the price relative to the medical...at the same time that also may be why youd get a heck of a bargain on a one year pact...could blow up on us like mario williams did but could prove to be a free agency steal

Do you guys know if he took time off during game week prep from practice?

Id say if medical is a legit concern that $12 million fully guaranteed comes off the table but $8 million may still be in play...medical green flags it though i dont see how you dont take the chance

Miami probably would ask him to drop weight anyways cause i doubt theyd ask him to 2 gap

Dont think you are far away on 8m

Poe slowed down in some games in KC but he played a load of snaps. A combo of Phillips and Poe would give you a very productive 2nd option beside Suh. Poe and Phillips also have quite a lot in common, both are athletic mountains, even if Poe has one good year here then leaves it could have a good impact on Phillips. Win win

Back
Top Bottom