Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

Not sure why you felt like your opinion deserved its own thread while there's a long Albert thread full of posters saying the same things...

I don’t get this potential trade. If we're that unsure of Martin's ability to play LT then I would've preferred to take a gamble on Long rather than give up a 2nd for a guy who isn’t as good as the guy he's replacing. Money will probably be very similar.

Depending on what side of the fence you are on regarding Branden Albert, you will be able to put any kind of spin on it you want to be able to justify your feelings. Obviously you are on the "not a fan of this trade" side of the fence.

People are making it seem like we didnt try to get Long back he CHOSE to go to st louis rather then stay here we didnt jus let him walk we tryed to get him back hes gone we all need to get over it he was one of my favorite players on thi team but he made his decision and its time for this franchise to move on. If we can trade our last second round pick for him Brandon Albert is a better player then any tackle you are going to draft in that slot and this trade probably will not be made until we see who falls to those picks we areprobably meeting with him to negotiate a contract and get a physical in case we have to pull a trigger on him on draft day they have tht agreement ready rather then trading for a player you do not know is going to resign.

Would you have traded Vontae Davis for Albert? That is more accurately what we are doing.

Yes you are correct, since clearly that is what is being proposed (Vontae Davis for Albert).........but still even though it does make sense to do............I still don't like Albert or the proposed deal :-(

Not sure why you felt like your opinion deserved its own thread while there's a long Albert thread full of posters saying the same things...

IF it was not for all of the peoples opinions, this website would not be here. If you didnt know it is a forum where people post there opinions and we discuss them. My opinon means so much that you commented on it (you to phinfan407)

A month ago would you have traded Jake Long and a 2nd round pick for Albert? That is basicly what we will be doing.

That's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it would be to make the trade and save a pick by not having to package 2 picks to move up and draft one. I'd rather do this and use the 1st round pick on something else.

It's pretty simple really, if you want a guy you ca depend on to protect tannehill either you trade for Albert or trade multiple picks in the draft.

It's a pretty simple choice IMO. I just don't see how Irelandd plans add another long term deal if we plan on signing back any of our own free agents over the next few years.

I can't help but wonder if trading for Albert is because they want an experienced LT next to their rookie LG (Jonathan Cooper). Incognito can then slide over to RG where he is better suited and Martin gets left at RT.

I like this move because I have a feeling that the bidding for the 6 pick will get pricey, with Bolts trying to jump the Cards, who also want Johnson badly.

allows us to fill a need and take BPA at 12.

I hate Jeff Ireland

giving up a second round pick for a good (not great) ot wanting 8-10 million dollars a year.

Would of rather just ponied up for Long if this was the case

IMO, ot is not worth that amount of money or assets, period. Especially in a zone blocking west coast scheme. Ireland cant get away from his habits though, and its about to cost us again.

I like the trade. We need starters. This guarantees we can pencil in a starting left tackle. Frees up our remaining picks for cb, te.

Back
Top Bottom