Don't hate on Drake now!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't hate on Drake now!!

I wouldn't confuse hate with opinion. I don't think anyone hates him, just tempered expectations because it's Miami and it's been par for the course lately.

I wouldn't confuse hate with opinion. I don't think anyone hates him, just tempered expectations because it's Miami and it's been par for the course lately.
And I'm fine with that. Like I said before, I'm not sure he can handle it on a full time basis. I just feel we need to be behind him as there's nothing we can do to bring Ajayi back but it's ok to say that he's not the RB we should count on but if he's out there then lets hope he does well. That's really all I'm saying

Ozzy rules!!

rooting for the kid, but are we sure its not going to be Williams? god I hope not. I want to see what drake can do getting the bulk of the load

I'd think regardless of how anyone feels about the trade they're excited that Drake will get a shot. He has to perform though. He hasn't exactly earned this shot and we're hoping he can perform at a level he hasn't shown yet.

Big play drake.. he will frustrate us.. and he will break a few

I don't have much faith in Drake! I hope he proves me wrong but he will have to prove it. First he doesn't run in between the tackles. Most important how are his hands? Meaning will he fumble a lot so time will tell.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is little uptick in drakes run frankly...might be perry that sees the workload

I'm sure gase was livid in tape study when he bounced that first run of the last possession too far to the boundary instead of cutting it up between the combo block tackle and the flex tight end...

if perry comes off first team kick return gig you will have your answer

For the heck of it I just went back and watched Drake's college highlights on youtube. He seems like a finesse guy who runs around tackles instead of through them. He did have a couple nice inside runs, but the holes he ran through were huge. I would be surprised if he gets those kind of openings with our line. Nothing against the guy, but considering what Gase is running these days, I don't even know why we drafted him (or Grant for that matter). That said, I hope he surprises everyone and helps us win some games!

Drake will be fine. I'm sure he'll pop some runs and look sleek doing it. This team and this offense are embarrassed so energy will follow.

And the rafters will rejoice Gase and mock Ajayi. Swallow everything coach spits out. Then multiply by 10. After all, we've now gone beyond the stunned stage to the rationalization and adjust stage, essentially back to the offseason when everything is going our way.

It was an awesome move. Ayaji gave up 5 yards on some plays and 8 yards on others. Disregard that the pointspread was +3 before and +3 now, as someone else pointed out. I'm shocked the line hasn't moved a touchdown in our favor.

I saw a post asking what the Giants have accomplished with Odell Beckham. Uh, roughly the same thing the Dolphins have accomplished with every player on their roster since 1973. Are we really trying to pretend Beckham isn't a huge plus? Scary.

It's never a win selling low. You don't emerge from Crowd irrelevancy by dumping players like Jay Ajayi for that tag. Hoops a day before the trade estimated Ajayi's trade worth as a third. I remember very well because I thought there was a real chance Gase would be petulant enough to do it. When I looked at that post I thought to myself...it better be a high third, otherwise we need a second. Then it turns out to be likely a low fourth yet we've got the traditional apologist posts proclaiming a fourth might actually be too high, that the knees are shot. Yada yada yada.

And I guess we go back and say our 5th round record isn't as stellar as advertised. Not when we drafted a cancer. Adjustments don't apply only where you want to stick them.

I actually really like Drake. Not sure how he'll be as a starter but last year he was a playmaker and he's a threat to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball.

I am actually curious to how he'll compare with Lamar Miller if/when he gets a similar amount of touches.

Maybe so, but following his blocks won't get him cut. IMO, this is Gase's do or die moment. Running backs should be hitting the proper hole. If the run game STILL sucks, Gase has run out of excuses. Personally, I like Drake, but he runs a little high for me.
It shouldn't have gotten Ajayi cut either. You cant hit a hole if it aint there. Think of how stupid people would have called the Vikings if they cut AP whenever he didn't hit the hole. That dude always had to find different directions to run... and he made it work.

Back
Top Bottom