Don't hate on Drake now!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't hate on Drake now!!

Something that Ajayi did well that I'm not sure Drake will be as great at is not fumbling the ball.

The plan is to go the rest of the season with a struggling line a backup QB and running backs who are totally unproven and never carried the load of carries.

It sure doesn’t sound like a recipe for success to me. I guess the thought is from Gase that the line is struggling and backup QB so most backs wont have much success so stand pat.

Maybe they can practice how to execute an effective screen before the year ends.

I'd be happy with Damien Williams getting 0 carries the rest of the season/his Dolphins career....outside of a draw or two when the defense is thinking pass. He should strictly be used as a receiver out of the backfield.

Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury personnel wise. Let's just hope Drake can prove to be the feature back.

I didn't like the Ajayi trade and most people here didn't like it either, specially when we only got a 4 in return. A typical reaction on this board is to hate on the guy replacing the player they like. But think about this. How is Drake to blame for that? I like Drake but I feel he's probably only good for no more than 15 carries a game and maybe some targets in the passing game. I think Ajayi was a beast and that is not the type of player that Drake is but again, what good will it do to hate the guy and dump on him every time he does something wrong? I for one will be rooting for him to do well as he's on our team. It's dumb to hope that he fails just because we're not happy they traded Ajayi.

Ozzy rules!!

Besides the locker room drama I think the biggest issue with JA was not picking up blitzes or understanding blocking assignments. I assume Drake has that same issue as he never got any burn. He’s a talented guy with elite speed that is very good at catching balls out of the backfield. I think we will see a very different offense this week. One that seems to fit our roster better.

Back
Top Bottom