Draft Coverage Market Research (please vote) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Coverage Market Research (please vote)

Which services would you sign up for? (You can vote for multiple options)

• Weekly/Twice-Weekly Email Newsletter: $5 per month (Feb, Mar, Apr)

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • Unprecedented Fan Access Through Q&A: $5 (for all three months)

Votes: 57 12.1%
  • Full Color Printed and Bound Draft Guide (Subscribers Only): $20 (plus S/H)

Votes: 64 13.5%
  • Full Color Printed and Bound Draft Guide (non-Subscribers): $30 (plus S/H)

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Draft Weekend Chat Admission: $5 (Saturday & Sunday)

Votes: 44 9.3%
  • Are you guys nuts? Why would I want to pay you guys for Draft information?

Votes: 318 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
themole said:
CK, what's your take on Darcy Johnson? Think he will make a team?

This is Willie Offord's kid brother isn't it.

He's a big kid, with good hands, but you'd like to see him doing more with it after the catch. I remember seeing him make a great one hand stab against I think Wisconsin a couple of seasons ago. But he never really trained on. I'd imagine he's a FA type. He wasn't invited to the Combine, although his Pro Day numbers were reasonably solid: 6-5, 252 pounds, ran a 4.77 forty, had a 33.5 inch vertical and 25 on the bench. Like I say, FA type, who could stick as a 3rd TE on some squads.

big0mar said:
where do you rank leonard pope among this year's TE class?

P.S. Darcy Johnson is nowhere near an NFL caliber player

I'd say #2 TE that's going I would think, maybe to the Bears in round 1.

Boomer said:
This is Willie Offord's kid brother isn't it.

He's a big kid, with good hands, but you'd like to see him doing more with it after the catch. I remember seeing him make a great one hand stab against I think Wisconsin a couple of seasons ago. But he never really trained on. I'd imagine he's a FA type. He wasn't invited to the Combine, although his Pro Day numbers were reasonably solid: 6-5, 252 pounds, ran a 4.77 forty, had a 33.5 inch vertical and 25 on the bench. Like I say, FA type, who could stick as a 3rd TE on some squads.

That's correct Boomer. Willie is his brother, he bought Darcy a new car last year at the same time my son was shopping and told him he had high hopes for Darcy this year. They are good kids and I would like to see them succeed.

themole said:
That's correct Boomer. Willie is his brother, he bought Darcy a new car last year at the same time my son was shopping and told him he had high hopes for Darcy this year. They are good kids and I would like to see them succeed.

You always want to see the good ones do well.

Excuse me if this has been asked, but what will the payment options be? The only credit card I have is a debit card and that is tied to my checking account. I am leary of using pay-pal because, if something happens, my account would be cleared out and I will be sleeping on the couch for months. I would be interested in either the newsletter or the Q&A sessions (but the posts can get rather long and hard to digest if there is a lot of repetative stuff). I am also interested in the VIP membership if I can find an alternative to pay-pal.

Steve

Right. I didn't read the whole thread either, but I'd be interested in subscribing to Miami Dolphins based draft analysis. Maybe you guys should sticky the "how to subscribe" part somewhere where we can get easy access to it?

Best of luck.

have you guys seen anything as amazing as Vernon Davis at the combine? How high do you think he'll go? Im thinking if hes available Arizona will pick him up. What an offense that will be.

NY Finatic said:
Right. I didn't read the whole thread either, but I'd be interested in subscribing to Miami Dolphins based draft analysis. Maybe you guys should sticky the "how to subscribe" part somewhere where we can get easy access to it?

Best of luck.

The short story is we're considering this for next year, the 2007 Draft. There's nothing to sign up for yet...however, we will be keeping tabs of the names in this thread that have expressed interest...for later when we do roll this out.

SWS84 said:
Excuse me if this has been asked, but what will the payment options be? The only credit card I have is a debit card and that is tied to my checking account. I am leary of using pay-pal because, if something happens, my account would be cleared out and I will be sleeping on the couch for months. I would be interested in either the newsletter or the Q&A sessions (but the posts can get rather long and hard to digest if there is a lot of repetative stuff). I am also interested in the VIP membership if I can find an alternative to pay-pal.

Steve

As far as I know, PayPal is actually quite safe. You deposit a set amount of money into your PayPal account and then PayPal can't really touch any more money out of your account unless you actually OWE paypal money (which isn't likely).

Basically we're talking about a well-respected business that is on everyone's radar screen. They can't get away with ripping you off for hundreds of dollars anymore than your local pizza joint can. It's all very trackable.

You know how I know they can't touch the funds in your debit account even if someone claims you owe them money? Because I bought something on ebay once, paid the money, and never received it. I filed a claim against them, and PayPal promised that if sufficient funds were in the user's PayPal account, they would return them to me...but if not, I was SOL. Well, the funds weren't there.

But don't mistake my bad experience for something you could have. That was 100% ebay related and ebay does carry with it some risks. It's very simple really, you deposit $20 into your PayPal account, then you have that $20 transferred over to out PayPal account. After that's done, there really isn't any way for anyone to get hold of your debit card account money. Like I said, it's like being worried that swiping your debit card at Wal-Mart means that the Walton family can steal your fortune.

No offense, and I'm new here so that may play into it, but regardless of the local aspect of reporting on these things, anyone that has some football knowledge can sit here and make a GUESS on who the Phins will pick. Out of all 3 of you guys, what you've said covers just about everybody in the first round, so it's not all that scientific. I think it's great that you put the effort into it, but at the end of the day, it's a crapshoot. I'll respectfully pass on anything I have to pay money for as far as the draft is concerned. I will sit there in April and watch it straight from the opening bell, to the last pick and be happy.

On another note, being new here, I just think this site is great and like all of the FREE options we have to explore. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the FREE Finheaven.

Dmancari23 said:
No offense, and I'm new here so that may play into it, but regardless of the local aspect of reporting on these things, anyone that has some football knowledge can sit here and make a GUESS on who the Phins will pick. Out of all 3 of you guys, what you've said covers just about everybody in the first round, so it's not all that scientific. I think it's great that you put the effort into it, but at the end of the day, it's a crapshoot. I'll respectfully pass on anything I have to pay money for as far as the draft is concerned. I will sit there in April and watch it straight from the opening bell, to the last pick and be happy.

On another note, being new here, I just think this site is great and like all of the FREE options we have to explore. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the FREE Finheaven.

No offense taken, but I hope you do not take offense if I say that your inexperience is showing. The draft seems like a crap shoot to people who are ignorant of its inner workings...sort of like how the earth was flat because nobody saw it curve and how nobody could possibly predict the weather.

We know what we're talking about because we have experience following the draft and we are intelligent enough to analyze the inner workings of it. Just because it did not rain even though the weather man predicted a 70% chance of it, doesn't mean meteorology is just a crap shoot.

If you would rather sit home and let the draft come to you, that is your choice. Other people may choose a different path.

big0mar said:
have you guys seen anything as amazing as Vernon Davis at the combine? How high do you think he'll go? Im thinking if hes available Arizona will pick him up. What an offense that will be.

He could go the Raiders at 7 or even the 49ers at 6 if the board falls differently. Arizona would be a good place for him as well.

Dmancari23 said:

Not to mention the limitless amount of free draft information available throughout the world wide web that is more than adequate to educate the average fan, I'll stick with that and my own experience watching the draft for over 35 years.

But more power to you guys if you can convince people to pay you for it.

Dmancari23 said:

Welcome Aboard. I was new on this about year ago, and didn't know who Boomer was at the time. On draft day I learned very quickly!! I watched him nail almost every day 1 pick before the teams made there selections. That is not something the casual viewer can do in my opinion. I would be willing to pay $5 on Draft weekend to read his and the other draft experts views, opinions and preditions.

Take care and welcome.

ckparrothead said:
The short story is we're considering this for next year, the 2007 Draft. There's nothing to sign up for yet...however, we will be keeping tabs of the names in this thread that have expressed interest...for later when we do roll this out.

Thanks for the quick reply. By the way, CK, Hoya Saxa! Enjoy this Sweet 16 run before the Dolphins take over the national sports stage! :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom