Draft Coverage Market Research (please vote) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Coverage Market Research (please vote)

Which services would you sign up for? (You can vote for multiple options)

• Weekly/Twice-Weekly Email Newsletter: $5 per month (Feb, Mar, Apr)

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • Unprecedented Fan Access Through Q&A: $5 (for all three months)

Votes: 57 12.1%
  • Full Color Printed and Bound Draft Guide (Subscribers Only): $20 (plus S/H)

Votes: 64 13.5%
  • Full Color Printed and Bound Draft Guide (non-Subscribers): $30 (plus S/H)

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Draft Weekend Chat Admission: $5 (Saturday & Sunday)

Votes: 44 9.3%
  • Are you guys nuts? Why would I want to pay you guys for Draft information?

Votes: 318 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NY Finatic said:
Thanks for the quick reply. By the way, CK, Hoya Saxa! Enjoy this Sweet 16 run before the Dolphins take over the national sports stage! :dolphins:

I'm enjoying it my friend...I am definitely enjoying it. I expect this kind of performance out of Jeff Green, though I'm a little disappointed in Brandon Bowman, but who knew that Roy Hibbert would be this good? He IS a full 7'2" but even so.

I think it's great like someone else said if you can convince some people to pay for amateur online content that you could probably find in plenty of places for free. That would be a tremendous sales job, however with 64% of the voting not in favor of paying for it, I guess maybe my "inexperienced" self is onto something? HAHA... It's all in good fun. Like I said before, it's great for the people who will pay for anything NFL Draft, but I can sit on my couch and watch on. I think when it's all said and done, the real percentage you can expect to be interested in your product, and then actually pay you for it is below 20%, but who knows, with as many people graze through here, maybe 14 or 15% of the people paying for those services will make you a little coin.

I know the last thing I want to be doing is sitting on a computer on draft weekend and chatting, but that's just me. I can't get enough of the coverage on TV, and I think it would be silly to sit there with a laptop and go back and forth. I prefer to watch those so-called experts and all of their commentary.

Dmancari23 said:
I think it's great like someone else said if you can convince some people to pay for amateur online content that you could probably find in plenty of places for free. That would be a tremendous sales job, however with 64% of the voting not in favor of paying for it, I guess maybe my "inexperienced" self is onto something? HAHA... It's all in good fun. Like I said before, it's great for the people who will pay for anything NFL Draft, but I can sit on my couch and watch on. I think when it's all said and done, the real percentage you can expect to be interested in your product, and then actually pay you for it is below 20%, but who knows, with as many people graze through here, maybe 14 or 15% of the people paying for those services will make you a little coin.

Great job for reading the thread, knowing what we do and then totally ignoring it.

??

Boomer said:
Great job for reading the thread, knowing what we do and then totally ignoring it.

Not sure I understand that? I was pretty much joking in my last response when I called you guys amateurs (see where I said: it's all in good fun). It's not my cup of tea to pay for services I can find elsewhere for free at no more than a click of a button. I may be new to the site, but not new to other Phins sites. With that being said, there would be 36% of the people who voted who MAY consider buying something, but I bet when it comes down to shelling out actual money to someone who isn't even really in the business, I am willing to bet my bottom dollar you don't get half of that 36% to pay. I honestly hope it works out in whichever manner you guys want it to. I am just glad I found this site for my fix on Phins news and the forums.

Dmancari23 said:
Not sure I understand that? I was pretty much joking in my last response when I called you guys amateurs (see where I said: it's all in good fun). It's not my cup of tea to pay for services I can find elsewhere for free at no more than a click of a button. I may be new to the site, but not new to other Phins sites. With that being said, there would be 36% of the people who voted who MAY consider buying something, but I bet when it comes down to shelling out actual money to someone who isn't even really in the business, I am willing to bet my bottom dollar you don't get half of that 36% to pay. I honestly hope it works out in whichever manner you guys want it to. I am just glad I found this site for my fix on Phins news and the forums.

I'm one of the 36% that would pay, because I am a believe in what Boomer knows about the draft. I witnessed it last year during the first day of the draft. Jump on here day 1 of draft and watch how accurate he is with his selections before the teams make there selections. You might be a believer too!!

Dmancari23 said:

If we're doing business, we're in the business. It's as simple as that. All of us have written for internet publications before. Boomer and I have both written professionally and collected salaries for doing it.

If it isn't your cup of tea, then it isn't your cup of tea, but I would appreciate it if you just voted and kept your trap shut instead of badmouthing the services we intend to offer...unless you have constructive criticism, but it did not seem as if you had anything constructive to say just that we're just amateurs and the draft is just a crap shoot so nobody should pay money for information about it.

And for your information, 36% of people voting, that are willing to pay an average of $25 per person for draft coverage...they seem to disagree with you. And I'll have you know that percentage is DRAMATICALLY high for one pool of people, considering the amount of business that independent draft publications generally do (which is to say, not much). I consider it quite flattering that 36% of the people voting consistently show they are willing to pay Boomer, KB21, and myself an average of $25 a piece for draft information.

ckparrothead said:
If we're doing business, we're in the business. It's as simple as that. All of us have written for internet publications before. Boomer and I have both written professionally and collected salaries for doing it.

If it isn't your cup of tea, then it isn't your cup of tea, but I would appreciate it if you just voted and kept your trap shut instead of badmouthing the services we intend to offer...unless you have constructive criticism, but it did not seem as if you had anything constructive to say just that we're just amateurs and the draft is just a crap shoot so nobody should pay money for information about it.

And for your information, 36% of people voting, that are willing to pay an average of $25 per person for draft coverage...they seem to disagree with you. And I'll have you know that percentage is DRAMATICALLY high for one pool of people, considering the amount of business that independent draft publications generally do (which is to say, not much). I consider it quite flattering that 36% of the people voting consistently show they are willing to pay Boomer, KB21, and myself an average of $25 a piece for draft information.

CK, Boomer

I wish you could go back to last years draft thread, because I remember Boomer naming a very high percentage of the draft picks in day one before they were announced. That doesn't sound like a crap shoot to me, and that's why I would be one at the very least to pay for the Draft weekend chat.

**Are you guys going to only be in the VIP forum during this years draft, or will you be out in the free forum**

ckparrothead said:

It is a crap shoot no matter who is doing it. All you guys can do is play a guessing game like everyone else. And let's just get one thing straight, I never badmouthed the idea at all. I said if you guys can convince people to pay for it, then congrats. You need to probably read the post a little more before saying I am badmouthing. Once again, good luck with whatever you guys hope to accomplish with these draft products, and relax, there's no reason to be up in arms, just go back and read my posts before commenting again, please. Thanks.

Dmancari23 said:
It is a crap shoot no matter who is doing it. All you guys can do is play a guessing game like everyone else. And let's just get one thing straight, I never badmouthed the idea at all. I said if you guys can convince people to pay for it, then congrats. You need to probably read the post a little more before saying I am badmouthing. Once again, good luck with whatever you guys hope to accomplish with these draft products, and relax, there's no reason to be up in arms, just go back and read my posts before commenting again, please. Thanks.

why don't you do a search for last years draft thread and see how accurate Boomer was on his picks. He nailed them before the teams were selecting. Go check all of the Mock Drafts and none of them were even close to how accurate Boomer was last year. That includes the national guys from ESPN and NFL network, etc....

I give props to anyone trying to do business out of thier research and I think its a good idea to a degree but would definately not pay 20 or 30 dollars for any draft guide no matter how thorough it was. Myself voted with the 60 % for two reasons. Although I think you guys are fairly knowledgeable, I at this time don't think that you bring enough to the table for me to pay for your content(although I may be quite wrong). The other being that I prefer to be able to access a site with draft info because I do alot of my own research. I think you would be fairly successful because many on this site are quite enamoured with your info, I just don't happen to be one of them although I respect and appreciate your opinions. On that note I do think if people ask for market research they should know that it will not be all positive and you are asking for a special niche of people that will want your info. From there if you do a great job, word of mouth will increase your subscribers. I do admit that Boomer's mock last year was very good but I don't value who is picking who as much as good evaluations of players.

dlockz said:
I give props to anyone trying to do business out of thier research and I think its a good idea to a degree but would definately not pay 20 or 30 dollars for any draft guide no matter how thorough it was. Myself voted with the 60 % for two reasons. Although I think you guys are fairly knowledgeable, I at this time don't think that you bring enough to the table for me to pay for your content(although I may be quite wrong). The other being that I prefer to be able to access a site with draft info because I do alot of my own research. I think you would be fairly successful because many on this site are quite enamoured with your info, I just don't happen to be one of them although I respect and appreciate your opinions. On that note I do think if people ask for market research they should know that it will not be all positive and you are asking for a special niche of people that will want your info. From there if you do a great job, word of mouth will increase your subscribers. I do admit that Boomer's mock last year was very good but I don't value who is picking who as much as good evaluations of players.

You make some great points, in fact for the same comparitive dollars this market research indicates seeking for its different products, one could become a subscriber to OURLADS GUIDE TO THE NFL DRAFT, they actually send scouts out to view these players in person just as NFL teams do, as well as watching countless hours of film, in fact, NFL organizations subscribe to Ourlads as an additional scouting source to complement their own scouting department.(As well as using Blesto or National of course)

Shouldn't this be posted in the VIP as well? Some of them will never see this thread as long as its in the main. I would be interested in the draft day chat and maybe the newsletter but right now the money is just too tight to commit to anything.

From what I've seen of CK/KB's posts there is absolutely no information given that has not or could not be found in abundance on other websites. Boomer has some good insights/connections to the Dolphins org. and/or Miami media. IMO none of their opinions, while worthy as coming from a self taught Dolphins fan, are worth monetary support as they are regurgitations of the labor and love of others with a slightly orange and teal tint.

BlueFin said:
You make some great points, in fact for the same comparitive dollars this market research indicates seeking for its different products, one could become a subscriber to OURLADS GUIDE TO THE NFL DRAFT, they actually send scouts out to view these players in person just as NFL teams do, as well as watching countless hours of film, in fact, NFL organizations subscribe to Ourlads as an additional scouting source to complement their own scouting department.(As well as using Blesto or National of course)

Maybe so, but I'd still consider paying for the newsletter/draft day chat, since (1) it's Dolphins/AFC East focused (where Ourlads is not), and (2) the draft day chat would allow personalized interactions/questions that Ourlads and others would not.....

Also, I might add that: I think it's no surprise that a majority of people won't purchase. But that doesn't mean it won't be a success.

Analogy: When a blockbuster movie can be a smash hit if it grosses $250M (which is only about 25M tickets, which is about 8% of the population).
In other words, if "only" 92% of the population declines to see your movie, you have a huge success.

CK/Boomer/KB will simply have to crunch the numbers to see if it's worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom