Draft Order as of November 17 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Order as of November 17

I think we all agree that a dynamic WR is what this offense needs most of all.

We may differ on who that guy is, or how high he should be drafted, but adding a dangerous threat at WR would really bolster this offense.

Not only would you be adding big play potential, but you would be making Parker and Gesicki's job easier.

I would be happy adding any of Chase, Waddle or Smith as i think all 3 would more than fill that role.

The trouble is if you don't use the Houston pick on WR you are not getting one of those 3 with the Fins pick.

So do you pass on Parsons to go WR or do you try to move up from the 2nd pick to grab one of them?

Or do you "settle" for Bateman or Marshall with your own 1st?

I don't like the idea of taking a WR in the Top 10 but if Parsons is gone then that will probably be the play. Maybe they move down a little bit and still get one of the top 3 guys and then just stick to BPA after that.

What we do not know(and they probably don't know yet either)is how they feel about these players.

Maybe they will rate one of them well above the others, or maybe they will fall in love with a guy like Bateman and grab him with their own pick.
Great points. Personally, if Parsons is there I can't see Flores passing him up and neither would I. Unless there is a character issue, a work ethic issue etc. Parsons seems like a perfect fit for the Dolphins.

But if I'm Miami, then I'd trade up and secure either Smith, Chase or Waddle. I love having a lot of picks and drafting a lot of players, but having those picks also gives you the ammo to trade up and potentially get two elite prospects.

Rousseau sitting out is really messing with the Fins pick.

He could be a stud but I needed to see him play more and progress beyond his natural athletic talent.
I think he could be one of the prospects who is most hurt by holding out. One year of production is a tough sell for GM's. Then again, teams gamble all the time on pass rushers.

Little on Stanford is another guy who might slip way below his talent level. It's been a long time since he's played.

It is not just the one year of production with Rousseau.

The issue is that he won with his athletic traits and did not show sophisticated pass rush skills.

The scouts would have liked to see him mature in terms of skill set and they won't get to do that.

It does not mean he won't develop his skills and be more than just an athlete overwhelming lesser talent, but he did not show it.

Had he played this year and shown that he was maturing as a pass rusher you would be talking Top 5 or higher for him.

He is one of the biggest risk/reward gambles in the first round.

I don't think I would use the Houston pick on him but i would really think about him later.

On the other hand, pass rush is not the need for Miami that we thought it was going to be, they are generating plenty of pass rush with what they have.

I love the idea of adding Parsons to this defense and would like to see another young safety at some point but I think this should be mostly an Offensive Draft. WR, RB, OL could all stand to be upgraded, with the OL the least of a need.But I would really like to add a legit starting OT to play on the right side and play Hunt at OG where he would give the Fins depth and eventually replace Flowers.I am happy with Karras and while Creed Humphrey would be an upgrade that would be a real luxury pick with the more pressing needs at WR and RB.

I don't see anyone that fits your WR requirements. Chase is supposedly the best WR in the draft, but he had the best QB in the NCAA passing him the ball.

Does anyone see a dominant, aka Aaron Donald type, presence in this draft?

RB1 - Okay, There are a couple obvious choices here. There's Etienne and Harris. Etienne benefits (or used to benefit) from the best QB in NCAA. Harris benefits from being a member of the team that gets the most talented players in college football. Personally, I'd give the edge to Harris, because he has never played with the best QB in the NCAA.
My point was - we have a solid foundation but outside of our CBs and perhaps Ogbah- We need game changers to get to next level.
I think Smith and Waddle fit the
Criteria.
Harris certainly. I’m sure there are others.

DT- I’m thinking someone in Cam Heyward mold.. Donald is historically great -

Thank you! And, yeah, I think Smith is just so clean. Waddle is great, and I'd love to have both, but I don't think he separates at will like Smith - very few players do, and the ones that do don't typically catch the ball anywhere near as well.

Waddle is clearly faster/more explosive and better with the ball in his hands, so I would really like to get both for Tua.

I was on record last draft liking Devonta Smith as much as any of the top prospects. I didn’t understand why he wasn’t rated as highly. Glad to see so many coming around on him.

I was a bit late to the Waddle bandwagon, but I’m now there! The injury doesn’t deter me.

Ja’Marr Chase was my #1 WR at this time last season. Now he’s by now 2b. Smith is #1 by a whisker with Waddle and Chase neck and neck at #2.

Not so much for their physical attributes and overall talent, but how I think they fit in MIA w/ Tua.

It is not just the one year of production with Rousseau.

The issue is that he won with his athletic traits and did not show sophisticated pass rush skills.

The scouts would have liked to see him mature in terms of skill set and they won't get to do that.

It does not mean he won't develop his skills and be more than just an athlete overwhelming lesser talent, but he did not show it.

Had he played this year and shown that he was maturing as a pass rusher you would be talking Top 5 or higher for him.

He is one of the biggest risk/reward gambles in the first round.

I don't think I would use the Houston pick on him but i would really think about him later.

On the other hand, pass rush is not the need for Miami that we thought it was going to be, they are generating plenty of pass rush with what they have.

I love the idea of adding Parsons to this defense and would like to see another young safety at some point but I think this should be mostly an Offensive Draft. WR, RB, OL could all stand to be upgraded, with the OL the least of a need.But I would really like to add a legit starting OT to play on the right side and play Hunt at OG where he would give the Fins depth and eventually replace Flowers.I am happy with Karras and while Creed Humphrey would be an upgrade that would be a real luxury pick with the more pressing needs at WR and RB.

If the Dolphins take a defensive player with their 1st pick and it’s anybody but Parsons — I think I’ll snap!

Parsons is the ONLY defensive player I’d understand over an elite level playmaking prospect on the offensive side of ball.

Don't know if you guys saw it but it seems Parsons might have some off the field issues. Not sure how much is true or how it'd affect him. Time will tell.

As far as the WR's.....I like all the top 3 guys(Chase,Smith and Waddle) but I also like Marshall(late first or early 2nd) and Wallace and Olave in the last 2nd to early 3rd round area.

Don't know if you guys saw it but it seems Parsons might have some off the field issues. Not sure how much is true or how it'd affect him. Time will tell.

As far as the WR's.....I like all the top 3 guys(Chase,Smith and Waddle) but I also like Marshall(late first or early 2nd) and Wallace and Olave in the last 2nd to early 3rd round area.
Those incidents were talked about last year in relation to Gross-Matos as a prospect so it is not new info.

The problem is that it is hard to tell if the incidents were just stupid jock rough housing gone too far or ugly harassment of a sexual nature that would be truly worrisome.

Due diligence is going to have to be to find out what kind of guy Parsons is, you would hate to draft a truly disturbed individual. We have had experience with Cecil Collins(different type issues but ugly stuff nonetheless).

Parsons probably does not have to worry about criminal charges or anything of that sort(unless the Penn State players start changing their tunes as to what went on)but he is gong to have to rehab his reputation in the eyes of NFL teams for sure.

At the very least he seems like the kind of guy Flores might not want in his locker room.

I was on record last draft liking Devonta Smith as much as any of the top prospects. I didn’t understand why he wasn’t rated as highly. Glad to see so many coming around on him.

I was a bit late to the Waddle bandwagon, but I’m now there! The injury doesn’t deter me.

Ja’Marr Chase was my #1 WR at this time last season. Now he’s by now 2b. Smith is #1 by a whisker with Waddle and Chase neck and neck at #2.

Not so much for their physical attributes and overall talent, but how I think they fit in MIA w/ Tua.

Chase reminds me of a mix of Dez Bryant and DHop - kind of similar to a better version of Parker. He's a monster with the ball in his hands and the ball in the air. I would be stoked to have him. I think Smith is more of what Miami needs, though, and I think Smith is just as good in his own way.

Also a very good fit for what Miami needs - but he's more of a fringe Top 40/41-75 guy for me. He does separate very well.
Waddle, Chase and Smith are my top 3 choice in that order in the 1st. Olave is the top of my next tier of guys I'd look at in the 2nd if we don't go wr earlier.

Also a very good fit for what Miami needs - but he's more of a fringe Top 40/41-75 guy for me. He does separate very well.
Do you have Waddle as first rounder? There is no way Waddle can be considered a first rounder and Olave is not.

1. Chase
2. Smith (thin frame worries me)
3. Waddle (liked him better than Smith before his injury)
4. Marshall (he might be the gem of the class, rated higher than the guys above him coming out of HS)

Back
Top Bottom