Draft two Quarterbacks. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft two Quarterbacks.

The only reason I find this to be an option is because Miami has a unique situation with multiple high round draft picks. It affords them flexibility that other teams simply do not have. They have more to take a gamble with it.

Considering the importance of the position and the Dolphins failure to resolve it in 20 years, I think it’s worth a shot. Probably not a 2nd rounder, but certainly a 3rd.

Imagine how much better off this franchise would be today if they drafted Tannehill in round 1 and Wilson in Round 3?

Or at least Cousins in rd 4

I have a sneaky feeling the fins will end up with both Hubert and Fromm or fromm and Hurts

This Guy ? I don't think he will declare this year (could be wrong). Also not convinced he has the height or arm to make it in the NFL, though I do like his ability to move.
1200px-St-Hubert_logo.svg.png

Draft a QB and stick to/build around him. Kinda unheard of for a team to draft a QB high in the first round only to turn around and take another high in the same draft. If you're taking a guy in the top 5-10 you better be comfortable enough to commit the future to him.
RG3-round 1
Kirk Cousins-round 4
Just one example, but it’s actually not unheard of to hedge your bets, even at QB.

2-#1s for Young (‘20-‘21); then pick Dobbins with our 2nd #1 and take Justin Fields with our first #2

2-#1s for Young (‘20-‘21); then pick Dobbins with our 2nd #1 and take Justin Fields with our first #2
Justin fields? Next year? Lawrence and fields go 1, 2 in 2021. Zero doubt there.
The is no way in 2021 the fins pick top 5. We might not this year.

I've been saying this for months. Not in the first AND second rounds though. I was hoping for Chase Allen with our first #1 and then a qb with our second #1. And then another qb maybe in the third round or so. I'd love to get Anthony Gordon of Washington State with that second qb pick. Let them battle it out with Rosen next season and whoever finishes third gets traded.

i honestly think we will take a qb later but not with our top picks. I think they are going to give rosen a year. then go all in on qb next year. it may be better that way for the long run anyway. there are some very talented guys in this draft, guys that are more of a sure thing than any of the qbs at this point imo. if tua is sitting there when we are up to pick with the Houston pick I could see us chancing it. I think that is the smart thing to anyway. Herbert would need to sit a year. he is talented and has the tools but makes bone head decisions some times. although he has played way better as of late, I wouldn't take him with our first pick especially with guys that have a much better chance at panning out. Now if they are in love with someone, they better be right or they will not be here to see this thing out ala hue Jackson (not that the browns are killing it, they are however in a much better spot before Dorsey got there and tore it down and has rebuilt it).

The big plus it seems like this staff is doing some great work. winning 3 games with this roster is crazy. but guys that gase couldn't develop are starting to look great (gesicki, parker, ect.)

sorry long winded

Back
Top Bottom