Draft two Quarterbacks. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft two Quarterbacks.

While the long-term franchise need is definitely a QB, none of that matters until we fix the trenches (OL&DL). The OL is absolutely terrible, and the DL never manufactures pressure, yet the DB's are getting the job done, considering the circumstances (coaching helps here). While I'm all in on fixing the QB situation for the long-haul, it'll all be in vain without MAJORLY upgrading the OL and DL. If that franchise QB is a guy in the 2021 draft, I'd be perfectly fine upgrading all the other spots, keeping Fitz, or taking a flyer on Newton (for example), then making the QB move in the 2021 draft. This current team with a good OL & DL and a RB would be very, very interesting to watch - without touching the QB position at all.

Why should the Dolphins waste another high draft pick on a 2nd QB if they already drafted one in your scenario? The last team to draft two QB’s in the same draft we’re the Redskins and how did that work out for them?

The Dolphins already spent a 2nd round pick on Rosen in the last draft.If they spend a first round pick on a QB in the 2020 draft they need to start filling all the other holes on their roster instead of wasting a pick on a second QB in the 2020 draft. . I am willing to put up with this rebuild while watching a lot of players on the Dolphins who will be backups or completely out of the league by the time the Dolphins get this turned around. Yet if they draft two QB’s in this years draft, I just might have to turn in my lifetime Dolphin fan card.

If this Grier is good as advertised then he’ll do what he’s paid to do and get us a diamond in the rough that can be groomed and compete
I haven’t read any advertisements stating Grier is good at selecting top tier talent. What he has proved to be is a GM who has been able to get a good return on players the Dolphins wanted to get rid of, players who didn’t want to be here or a player another team really wanted. Now he has to PROVE that he can take all those draft picks and all the owners money and turn those picks and money into a playoff caliber football team.
To me, Grier as the person responsible for selecting the talent for this team is the biggest question mark in the entire organization. Because if he fails, we will be going through another complete rebuilding job in the next five years.

I haven’t read any advertisements stating Grier is good at selecting top tier talent. What he has proved to be is a GM who has been able to get a good return on players the Dolphins wanted to get rid of, players who didn’t want to be here or a player another team really wanted. Now he has to PROVE that he can take all those draft picks and all the owners money and turn those picks and money into a playoff caliber football team.
To me, Grier as the person responsible for selecting the talent for this team is the biggest question mark in the entire organization. Because if he fails, we will be going through another complete rebuilding job in the next five years.

This offseason is so massive. If this plan fails, we will be staring at another lost decade... 30 years of futility.

I honestly think they should still draft Tua with their first pick now that they will likely be picking outside of the Top 5. Got to take a shot on great. And then I’d draft Love or someone like that in round 2 or 3 as insurance. Let the the chips fall where they may.

of course you do.

Have you seen Fromm play??? He is garbage! He’s going to get destroyed this Saturday.
I have watched several Georgia games this year and I have seen nothing from Fromm which has shown me he will be anything more than a mediocre backup in the NFL.
Georgia wins because they have a really good defense, an outstanding RB and an above average offensive line. Fromm is a decent college QB but he is no more than a 6th or 7th round draft pick IMO.

Yes, of course I want to draft good QB prospects until they finally hit one. I’ve been watching this **** show for 20 ****ing years. Enough. Take QB until you have one. No more wasting 7 years waiting on one guy to turn the corner.
It is one thing to be infatuated with a QB to the point that you root for the Dolphins to lose. But when you still want to pick the guy with our top pick after he had his hip shredded and his recovery is unknown then your infatuation turns into an obsession..... :bobdole:

My guess is Miami only uses 2 of their 1st rd picks in 2020. The other will be used to trade down and push more pieces to 2021.

As for who they pick with the 2 they use? Depends on draft order and the combine. Too early to tell.

And why has this debate become so personal for some on this board? The fandom for Burrows and Tua is equally fanatic with people so set on being right?

'So set on being right'

There you have it. Some of them have turned debate into a bloodsport... like a bad politician.

It is one thing to be infatuated with a QB to the point that you root for the Dolphins to lose. But when you still want to pick the guy with our top pick after he had his hip shredded and his recovery is unknown then your infatuation turns into an obsession..... :bobdole:

If the other QB prospects were any good, I’d draft them over Tua. To me, drafting Tua is a roll of the dice at this point. If he busts, he busts. Our recent first round hit rate is terrible any way, but at least you took a shot on greatness. And if he hits, well, that’s the salvation of the franchise and meaningful football for the next decade. I’ll take the gamble at this point. Keep drafting them until one hits.

This
I have no interest in an injured Tua in the 1st and Burrow isn’t going to fall to us. Wait till the 2nd and see who falls. Grab someone to complete with Rosen next year.

I would agree but I want to see Rosen play THIS season to get a better evaluation. Fitzpatrick can be benched today as far as I'm concerned. Hes not in the bigger picture.

Back
Top Bottom