Drew Bledsoe discussion split from a Wade Smith thread. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Bledsoe discussion split from a Wade Smith thread.

Justasportsfan said:
Isn't Drew a stop gap? The guys you picked out wouldn't even be considered a first rd. talent in this years draft.
hahaha
please tell me how you know they wouldnt have been first round talent in this years draft? Palmer wasnt considered to be a first round pick then he finally got it in his senior year and ended up being the #1 pick. Leinart led his team to a share of the national title in his sophmore year and his first year of starting. how many QBs have done that? If leinart tears it up this year like he is doing so far he will be a top 5 pick. and definitely would have been top 20 in last years draft. he may have been picked ahead of big ben, def ahead of losman. oh yea draft experts say henson would have been a top ten pick in this years draft and you could have had for less than you had losman.

EDIT- I meant if drew looks completely washed up you can get a guy like garcia or brunnell next year.

Donohoe wasn't wrong and neither were you thinking that when Drew was lighting it up in 2002.
Sure I was. The guy hasn't looked good in years, since Parcells left NE. You think a string of 8 good games in 2002 changed my perception that he was a mediocre QB? I watched his skills slowly degenerate through the Pete Carroll years, I think I know Drew Bledsoe. Whatever, stay in denial, its easier than to admit it was a bad trade.

FlyingElvis said:
Sure I was. The guy hasn't looked good in years, since Parcells left NE. You think a string of 8 good games in 2002 changed my perception that he was a mediocre QB? I watched his skills slowly degenerate through the Pete Carroll years, I think I know Drew Bledsoe. Whatever, stay in denial, its easier than to admit it was a bad trade.
It wasn't a bad trade then considering all we had was Van Pelt and a team that was in cap hell the year before. Did any of you guys know that the Colvin pick up was gonna turn bad for the Pats considering he's been injury prone? NO. He was a great pick up. Who would've known he'd get injured....again.

the Drew trade came out as part of what you stated that we do not build our future via the draft. Why did you leave that out?

VJ1252 said:
hahaha
please tell me how you know they wouldnt have been first round talent in this years draft? Palmer wasnt considered to be a first round pick then he finally got it in his senior year and ended up being the #1 pick. Leinart led his team to a share of the national title in his sophmore year and his first year of starting. how many QBs have done that? If leinart tears it up this year like he is doing so far he will be a top 5 pick. and definitely would have been top 20 in last years draft. he may have been picked ahead of big ben, def ahead of losman. oh yea draft experts say henson would have been a top ten pick in this years draft and you could have had for less than you had losman.

EDIT- I meant if drew looks completely washed up you can get a guy like garcia or brunnell next year.
Do you know anything about college football? Ask anyone if they would be first rd. talent this year HELLOOOO! as a matter of fact some of your fellow finfans wanted Losman.

If Lienhart tears it up this year "IF" .Losman was a proven college player , helloo!!!!! Did you know that the bills tried to get Drew Henson but lost out to the Cowboys. Man, you're misinformed.

MY point which you have a hard time seeing is that Losman will have had a year learning under his belt by next years draft and should be ready compared to any of those qb's from next year. :rolleyes:

UMMM OK..... Just out of curiousity....Why is Losman going to be a better QB in the NFL, when he hasnt even played a down yet?? QB's bust all the time.....so why are you so sure he is gonna be a good one?? The transition from college to the NFL is huge, You can't tell if next years QB's will bust or be an immediate star. Who knows what if a rookie next year pulls a Marino and is great his rookie year, yes not a good chance that is gonna happen, but stop being a Losman homer.... You are the defintion of a homer....

knight6jb said:
UMMM OK..... Just out of curiousity....Why is Losman going to be a better QB in the NFL, when he hasnt even played a down yet?? QB's bust all the time.....so why are you so sure he is gonna be a good one?? The transition from college to the NFL is huge, You can't tell if next years QB's will bust or be an immediate star. Who knows what if a rookie next year pulls a Marino and is great his rookie year, yes not a good chance that is gonna happen, but stop being a Losman homer.... You are the defintion of a homer....
Did I say Losman or any other qb's will bust or be an instant success? I implied a year of preparation in the NFL would be a definite plus over those that are still in college. If that makes me a homer than you're brain dead. Learn to read , will ya.

Justasportsfan said:
Do you know anything about college football? Ask anyone if they would be first rd. talent this year HELLOOOO! as a matter of fact some of your fellow finfans wanted Losman.

If Lienhart tears it up this year "IF" .Losman was a proven college player , helloo!!!!! Did you know that the bills tried to get Drew Henson but lost out to the Cowboys. Man, you're misinformed.

MY point which you have a hard time seeing is that Losman will have had a year learning under his belt by next years draft and should be ready compared to any of those qb's from next year. :rolleyes:

sorry your right I should have known better than to question the all-knowing tom donahoe. oh wait if a few fin fans wanted losman then he must be awesome. some fin fans still want us to start jay but it doesnt change my opinion that he sucks.

leinart is proven he won a national championship and he couldnt have been drafted because he was a sophmore.

yes I know you tried to get henson had you offered more than dallas maybe just maybe houston would have traded him to you. yea he should be better next year but what about 3 years from now. like I said earlier if I was getting a franchise QB I would get the best guy not the guy who will be ready earliest. its not like the bills have an aging team and only has a window of two years to win a SB.

How do you figure he will be better than any QB in this draft?? How do you know Losman will even get a chance to play next year or the year after?? Yes NFL experience is very important but it is not everything, alot of QB's have come in and been decent QB's in this league without alot of experience. Just because he rides the pine for a year doesnt mean is gonna be good or better then any QB coming out this year.

VJ1252 said:
sorry your right I should have known better than to question the all-knowing tom donahoe. oh wait if a few fin fans wanted losman then he must be awesome. some fin fans still want us to start jay but it doesnt change my opinion that he sucks.

leinart is proven he won a national championship and he couldnt have been drafted because he was a sophmore.

yes I know you tried to get henson had you offered more than dallas maybe just maybe houston would have traded him to you. yea he should be better next year but what about 3 years from now. like I said earlier if I was getting a franchise QB I would get the best guy not the guy who will be ready earliest. its not like the bills have an aging team and only has a window of two years to win a SB.
Well said...

VJ1252 said:

what is it that you don't get? Losman was eligible for draft, we took him. Those guys are still in college. Just like any qb's out of college, it is better to sit them and make them learn the first year before going out there the nest year.

3 years from now? Can you see that far? Who knows if Losman will or wil not be good 3 years from now. I don't think the bills want to wait and see til' 3 years from now and neither did your fins wait. They grabbed feely didn't they? Why didn't your fins wait til next year and use Fiedler in the mean time?

It's nice to see that you think Donahoe is "all knowing" since I don't think he is. :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
They grabbed feely didn't they? Why didn't your fins wait til next year and use Fiedler in the mean time?
Why when your QB sucks why not put in the young guy to get experience....Yes you do learn and gain experience being in a system for the year, but you gain a whole lot more experience playing the actual game....I'm not sure how Bledsoe is doing right now, but if losman wasnt hurt and bledsoe was sucking ***, you would be cheering for them to throw losman in....yes Losman will be more experience than any rookie next year, but that doesnt make him a better QB(skill wise), what dont you understand about that!

knight6jb said:
Why when your QB sucks why not put in the young guy to get experience....Yes you do learn and gain experience being in a system for the year, but you gain a whole lot more experience playing the actual game....I'm not sure how Bledsoe is doing right now, but if losman wasnt hurt and bledsoe was sucking ***, you would be cheering for them to throw losman in....yes Losman will be more experience than any rookie next year, but that doesnt make him a better QB(skill wise), what dont you understand about that!
ask the Giants , the Chargers and The Cowboys why they don't start their young qb's. Ask Joe Gibbs why he didn't start Ramsey over an aging Brunnel prior to his injury.

Why don't you wait and see if Rothlesberger is ready to face your D this Sunday?

Did I say Losman will be better skilled?

Justasportsfan said:
Losman, was a good move considering there won't be a qb as good as he is in next years draft. Besides, 1 year of learning will benefit him and the bills should Drew be done by the years end.
I do believe that means that he will be better then any qb in next years draft:D

Justasportsfan said:
what is it that you don't get? Losman was eligible for draft, we took him. Those guys are still in college. Just like any qb's out of college, it is better to sit them and make them learn the first year before going out there the nest year.

3 years from now? Can you see that far? Who knows if Losman will or wil not be good 3 years from now. I don't think the bills want to wait and see til' 3 years from now and neither did your fins wait. They grabbed feely didn't they? Why didn't your fins wait til next year and use Fiedler in the mean time?

It's nice to see that you think Donahoe is "all knowing" since I don't think he is. :lol:
you didnt just take him. you used a lot of picks to get him. if you had taken him with your own pick we wouldnt have been having this conversation.

what does the feeley trade have to do with this? are you saying just because our FO may have made a mistake its ok for yours to make the same one? Since yours a bills fan I guess i have to enlighten you.

the fins got feeley because we have an aging defense and just missed the playoffs the year before. the window for the phins is closing. if we had waited for a rookie to develop our D would be old by then. also the only QB avaliable when we picked was losman and we dont think too much of him.:D another reason the feeley comparasion isnt valid is because he has played in the league. thats why I used the henson comparision. both guys will sit for at least the first part of the season and both havent played in the league. your team gave up a lot more for a guy who was less highly regarded.

you guys were 6-10 and have a fairly young core. thats why you could have waited for a QB to develop.

from your posts it looked like you did think donahoe is all-knowing. sorry you bills fans confuse me sometimes.

Justasportsfan said:
ask the Giants , the Chargers and The Cowboys why they don't start their young qb's. Ask Joe Gibbs why he didn't start Ramsey over an aging Brunnel prior to his injury.

Why don't you wait and see if Rothlesberger is ready to face your D this Sunday?

Did I say Losman will be better skilled?
giants- have a won a game with their veteran if they had lost again their would be calls for manning.

san diego- rivers didnt signed so late he is waaayy behind in knowing the offense.

cowboys- henson hasnt played football in years. vinny has thrown for over 300 yards in both games and again they have won a game.

redskins- payed a lot to get brunnell. they signed him to start not to hold a clipboard. again they want to win now and think with brunnell and portis they can do that.

is buffalo trying to win now? the bills were 6-10 last year and your only meaningful addidions were one linemen, and a rookie WR.your offense seems to be almost as bad as ours and you lost to jacksonville and oakland not exactly powerhouses. like djfresh said if losman wasnt hurt you guys would be telling the bills to start him.

Back
Top Bottom