Drew Bledsoe discussion split from a Wade Smith thread. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Bledsoe discussion split from a Wade Smith thread.

knight6jb said:
I do believe that means that he will be better then any qb in next years draft:D
after 1 yr experience, yes. He should be ready to be thrown in to the wolves compared ot any qb in the draft next year. Tell me one thing, why didn't the fins wait til' next year since there could be a qb in that draft better than Feely? :D

VJ1252 said:
giants- have a won a game with their veteran if they had lost again their would be calls for manning.

san diego- rivers didnt signed so late he is waaayy behind in knowing the offense.

cowboys- henson hasnt played football in years. vinny has thrown for over 300 yards in both games and again they have won a game.

redskins- payed a lot to get brunnell. they signed him to start not to hold a clipboard. again they want to win now and think with brunnell and portis they can do that.

is buffalo trying to win now? the bills were 6-10 last year and your only meaningful addidions were one linemen, and a rookie WR.your offense seems to be almost as bad as ours and you lost to jacksonville and oakland not exactly powerhouses. like djfresh said if losman wasnt hurt you guys would be telling the bills to start him.

What? Losman hasn't played with the first team compared to Drew. That kills your Rivers theory.

1-1 is not far from 0-2. That kills your, "they won 1 game" Why hasn't Feely been yanked in favor of Sage? Feely hasn't done squat in 1 1/2 games. Like I said, You are so eager to call Drew a bust and yet you fail to askyourself the same thing w/ your team.

You are now moving towards, the bills in comparison to the fins that wasn't part of the thread. Are the fins trying to win now? Do not assume that we would be crying for Losman to start. That is just stupid.

That would mean finfans are ready to throw in the towel and call for Sage to start.

Does it matter who played what? The Bengals aren't exactly powerhouses. KC lost 2 games (lost to Jags) , I guess it's time for them to throw in the towel.

Justasportsfan said:
What? Losman hasn't played with the first team compared to Drew. That kills your Rivers theory.

1-1 is not far from 0-2. That kills your, "they won 1 game" Why hasn't Feely been yanked in favor of Sage? Feely hasn't done squat in 1 1/2 games. Like I said, You are so eager to call Drew a bust and yet you fail to askyourself the same thing w/ your team.

You are now moving towards, the bills in comparison to the fins that wasn't part of the thread. Are the fins trying to win now? Do not assume that we would be crying for Losman to start. That is just stupid.

That would mean finfans are ready to throw in the towel and call for Sage to start.

Does it matter who played what? The Bengals aren't exactly powerhouses. KC lost 2 games (lost to Jags) , I guess it's time for them to throw in the towel.
losman was in most camp unlike rivers. I guess that resurrects my rivers theory.

as for why hasnt feeley been yanked. we already benched our crappy veteran QB. now we are letting our young guy play in hopes that he will get better. also we are giving feeley a break because he didnt play with for us last year. didnt take all the snaps with the 1st team in TC. and has two players who have been here for about two weeks that he has barely played with. unlike bledsoe who led you guys to that terrific 6-10 record last year and only has 1 new WR to work with and has been working with him since april. also he has taken all the snaps with the 1st team in TC.

and in case you didnt notice some on this board are calling for feeley to be benched.

you started comparing the losman situation to feeley's. I simply refuted your arguements.

and the difference between 1-1 and 0-2 isnt that much but its hard to bench a QB after he won a game.

the chiefs shouldnt throw in the towel because they actually made the playoffs last year and they lost to two playoff teams.

Justasportsfan said:
after 1 yr experience, yes. He should be ready to be thrown in to the wolves compared ot any qb in the draft next year. Tell me one thing, why didn't the fins wait til' next year since there could be a qb in that draft better than Feely? :D
Ok, wait a second here. Isn't Losman out with a broken leg? What kind of experience is he getting right now? If he spends the whole year rehabbing his leg I don't see how that makes him any more experienced than a QB coming out of the draft.

Justasportsfan said:
Donohoe wasn't wrong and neither were you thinking that when Drew was lighting it up in 2002. If TD had a crystal ball that makes sure that a qb doesn't drop that fast then we'd be in the sb every year wouldn't we?

The fact is that Drew has had one good 8 game stretch since 1998.

Take a look at Drews numbers in his last 34 games in NE:

year team games cmp att % yds yds/att TD Int rating
1999 NE 16 305 539 56.6 3,985 7.39 19 21 75.6
2000 NE 16 312 531 58.8 3,291 6.20 17 13 77.3
2001 NE 2 40 66 60.6 400 6.06 2 2 75.3

He had good yardage in 1999 but his Ints were very high. 2000 brought in Belichick and a new style offense and Drew could not run it.

Justasportsfan said:
It's nice to see that you think Donahoe is "all knowing" since I don't think he is. :lol:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :egads: :egads:

Justa took a mini-shot at Donahoe?!?!?!?!

FinfanInBuffalo said:

He had good yardage in 1999 but his Ints were very high. 2000 brought in Belichick and a new style offense and Drew could not run it.
Right! That was exactly my point, thanks.

The Bills used a 1st round pick on a QB who hadn't been good in years. There was not ONE other team knocking on the Pats door offering a 1st round pick.

Justasportsfan said:
why didn't the fins wait til' next year since there could be a qb in that draft better than Feely? :D
B/c our FO is a bunch a idiots....I'm not defending Miami's front office or any of there moves.... you are saying Losman was a great pick up after nothing...just b/c he is a bill....if the phins would have done that you would have been talking mad ****...

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Ok, wait a second here. Isn't Losman out with a broken leg? What kind of experience is he getting right now? If he spends the whole year rehabbing his leg I don't see how that makes him any more experienced than a QB coming out of the draft.

Very good point....where did this Bills homer go now.... I wanna hear this rebuttle

ok on JP Losman, let's clarify, it was a bad pick. Not saying Losman is bad(I actualy wanted Losman more than Rivers), but you gave up way to much to get him. Plus he would have been available in the 2nd round since no other team needed a QB. Losman is only a bad pick because of what was given up for him.

Just like Eddie Moore is a bad pick because of who else was available,m and the fact that we needed other things, and better LB's were available. Just like Wade Smith was a bad pi.... You know what? I'm just gonna say they only players we drafted that year that were good picks in terms of when they were drafted were Tolver,Jenkins, and Bell(he was a 1st day prospect up through is jr. year). Moore might turn out good(probably will, no one expected Zach Thomas to become an elite LB either), but there was other needs. Smith might get better, but he was a project, and the fact we helped the Pats get Dillon makes it worst. Whitley was a project too, and he was almost as bad as Smith against Cincy(they picked on Wade because of his last ditch "efforts" Whitely just went and helped St. Clair double team someone every play)

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Do you remember a guy named Ricky Williams? It was a great trade at that time wasn't it?

Why did Spielman trade a 2nd for a 3rd string qb? That's because he thought it was a great move at that time. Unlike Drew who made probowl in his 1st year , do you see Feely making probowl this year?

Drew may have declined but compared to what we had then ,he was definitely better than Van Pelt.

FlyingElvis said:
Right! That was exactly my point, thanks.

The Bills used a 1st round pick on a QB who hadn't been good in years. There was not ONE other team knocking on the Pats door offering a 1st round pick.
You're so full of it, there were tons of Pats fans that came to our board congratulating us for landing Drew. When Drew was lighting it up the first half of the season everyone was saying a 1st pick was cheap for the nos. he put up. Like I said, it's easy to judge after the fact. Back then he was the elite qb available to us.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
Are you implying that Brady did not learn anything by standing on the sidelines behind Drew in his rookie year? :rolleyes:

You're so full of it, there were tons of Pats fans that came to our board congratulating us for landing Drew.
Oh please. Like it really matters what a "ton of Pats fans" think about the trade. Name me one other team that was offering the Pats a 1st round pick. Elite my a**. Get a clue.

Are you implying that Brady did not learn anything by standing on the sidelines behind Drew in his rookie year? :rolleyes:
The qualities that Tom Brady possesses that makes him the successful QB that he is, were certainly not learned from Drew Bledsoe. Don't even go there, you will look foolish.

Back
Top Bottom