Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

At some point, you have to step back and look at the enormous size of the smoke cloud.

We're obviously not hearing trade talks about Oliver Vernon. Why OV? In the grander scheme of things, it is probably not too far of a leap to think Jordan was drafted to replace an under-performing and under-promising OV. Then BANG, OV went off. Jordan's health, lack of playing time, OV's development and apparent miscasting of Jordan seems to be the product of us trying to figure out how to put 3 elite, in concept, pass rushers on the field at the same time with no real foresight we would be in this position.

Now, sprinkle in the Chip Kelly connection and suddenly you have a tradeable asset. The problem is Jordan really isn't the asset they would want to trade. In fact, Jordan offers so much "unique" abilities in a rare package it creates a conundrum; how can you trade something potentially elite that you can envision but not utilize?

I think Dion Jordan will decide Philbin's success as much as Tannehill. If we cannot develop a hybrid defense that take full advantage of this 3 headed monster, then drafting Jordan was a complete failure. His talents are such that you simply can't just put him at DE and call it a day. If he's not on the field with Wake and Vernon at the same time, we have failed at creating a defensive strategy that would cripple most offensive passing games.

Unique is a great thing. Not being able to utilize it is a bad thing.

Trading Jordan admits failure, pure and simple. Trying to correct last year's bold move by saving face and drafting traditional scheme players will set us back many years.

You got your man. Use him.

well there is another possibility, that he really isn't s good as you think he is. Either way if he doesn't produce its a failed pick regardless and players with much better tools have been busts before him.
You would think a player with such elite skills as u see it would have totaled more than 14.5 sacks in his college career

well there is another possibility, that he really isn't s good as you think he is. Either way if he doesn't produce its a failed pick regardless and players with much better tools have been busts before him.
You would think a player with such elite skills as u see it would have totaled more than 14.5 sacks in his college career

A system coach needs system players. A coach just needs players. A copy cat league earns its reputation by lacking true innovators.

The Wildcat was dubbed a gimmick offense. That is old school, old guard, pure breed thinking. No matter how many ran it, only we ran it effectively.

When you do what everyone else is doing, you get beaten by people who know how to do it better. Innovation only fails only because of the innovator.

If we had won a Super Bowl with the Wildcat, would the trophy have meant less?

My point is this.... just because Dion Jordan has possibly been incorrectly used doesn't mean he can't be elite, unique or game changing. For years, we've heard of how these "big athletic TE's" cause matchup problems for other teams. Ok, HERE is the answer.

It's the head in the sand thinking that makes people allow anomalies such as "big athletic TE's" dominate an equation that can be balanced if pursued. The problem I see is too many SCHEME DCs worry about how Dion Jordan fits in a 4-3, 3-4 or other traditional package. They are indicative of the reason this league allows 5 or 6 teams dominate while others are always scrambling to catch up. Stop trying to catch up. INNOVATE.

Teams that innovate win. I bet if Dion was on the Patriots, they would develop an entire defensive scheme that would elevate an otherwise pedestrian defense into the Super Bowl.

I don't care how many system coaches failed to develop Jordan's impact on a game. When a "DE" can shadow Gronk 15 yards down the field and eliminate him from the offense while also offering the ability to sack the QB from any position on the field, the only question here is why isn't he on the field every play?

What we have is a rare talent that an innovator could build a new defensive scheme around. It is our fault if we fail to develop Dion Jordan into a once in a generation player who's name is in Canton.

Wake, Vernon and Jordan should go down as the best pass rushing unit in Dolphin history. If it happens is on Kevin Coyle's plate. Most DC's DREAM of having this much talent to attack a QB.

Don't blame the player for having the wrong coach.

Wake, Vernon and Jordan should go down as the best pass rushing unit in Dolphin history.

No way you can sell me that unit over Taylor, Porter and Wake. I would even take Taylor (in his prime), Adewale, Ogunleye and Trace Armstrong. In fact Wake, Vernon and Jordan might not be in my top five all-time pass rush units.

A system coach needs system players. A coach just needs players. A copy cat league earns its reputation by lacking true innovators.

The Wildcat was dubbed a gimmick offense. That is old school, old guard, pure breed thinking. No matter how many ran it, only we ran it effectively.

When you do what everyone else is doing, you get beaten by people who know how to do it better. Innovation only fails only because of the innovator.

If we had won a Super Bowl with the Wildcat, would the trophy have meant less?

My point is this.... just because Dion Jordan has possibly been incorrectly used doesn't mean he can't be elite, unique or game changing. For years, we've heard of how these "big athletic TE's" cause matchup problems for other teams. Ok, HERE is the answer.

It's the head in the sand thinking that makes people allow anomalies such as "big athletic TE's" dominate an equation that can be balanced if pursued. The problem I see is too many SCHEME DCs worry about how Dion Jordan fits in a 4-3, 3-4 or other traditional package. They are indicative of the reason this league allows 5 or 6 teams dominate while others are always scrambling to catch up. Stop trying to catch up. INNOVATE.

Teams that innovate win. I bet if Dion was on the Patriots, they would develop an entire defensive scheme that would elevate an otherwise pedestrian defense into the Super Bowl.

I don't care how many system coaches failed to develop Jordan's impact on a game. When a "DE" can shadow Gronk 15 yards down the field and eliminate him from the offense while also offering the ability to sack the QB from any position on the field, the only question here is why isn't he on the field every play?

What we have is a rare talent that an innovator could build a new defensive scheme around. It is our fault if we fail to develop Dion Jordan into a once in a generation player who's name is in Canton.

Wake, Vernon and Jordan should go down as the best pass rushing unit in Dolphin history. If it happens is on Kevin Coyle's plate. Most DC's DREAM of having this much talent to attack a QB.

Don't blame the player for having the wrong coach.

The nfl is full of so called rare talents. why should Vernon, Wake and Jordan go down as the best pass rushing unit in dolphin history.
Wake is a great pass rusher no doubt but with the other two you have one guy that has done very good one year and another that did very little.
Based on what they should go down as the best pass rushing unit in Dolphin History.

Back
Top Bottom