Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

Never get rid of talent because of a coach's philosophy. Period. A good Coach finds a way to utilize talent no matter what.. Lane Johnson was a bust last season. Jordan can shut the doubters up but it's up to Coyle to let him.. 1+1=2

So Lane Johnson was a bust lol but of course Jordan was a pea**** that our terrible coaches just wouldn't let fly.
What BS.
Only on Finheaven well probably on all websites as directed by home teams

Chip Kelly would laugh at Lane Johnson straight up for him.
Hell you might as well ask for Nick Foles, Leeshan Mcocy and Jason peters too while your at it

At this point Chip would likely be laughing if Washington offered RGMe straight up for Foles.. or even any of the other 2... so that's a non-starter.... maybe even moreso considering the ransom in fools gold that Washington spent to acquire him vs what we spent to go up one notch. :idk:

At this point Chip would likely be laughing if Washington offered RGMe straight up for Foles.. or even any of the other 2... so that's a non-starter.... maybe even moreso considering the ransom in fools gold that Washington spent to acquire him vs what we spent to go up one notch. :idk:

im not sure Washington[SUB] would make that trade. year one griffin did great. hell I wouldn't trade rg3 or tannehill for foles. foles was great last year but long term I think thill and griffin wil be better.
people want to act like rg3 is pat white lol.[/SUB]

People like you make me appreciate that we dont have people with your mindset in our front office. :)

everytime i come on this forum, i ask myself why I am here. It really makes me ashamed of dolphins fans. I know we are not all like this, but seriously. How stupid can you be, this is not madden.

So Lane Johnson was a bust lol but of course Jordan was a pea**** that our terrible coaches just wouldn't let fly.
What BS.
Only on Finheaven well probably on all websites as directed by home teams

Lane Johnson didn't prove he was worthy of such a high pic last season.. And if you think so please pass the bong.. And to think the Dolphins coaching staff is all that; I guess you missed last season completely.. Smoke up!

Lane Johnson didn't prove he was worthy of such a high pic last season.. And if you think so please pass the bong.. And to think the Dolphins coaching staff is all that; I guess you missed last season completely.. Smoke up!

This is coming from PFF

"Like his colleagues, Johnson got off to a slow start, but after posting a -12.7 first-half grade, he finished at +12.9 over his last eight games, plus a +2.0 effort in the Eagles’ Wild Card game."

While he did by no means dominate, he was no way a bust. Not quite worth of no.4 overall. But guess what, look who we picked at no.3! Jordan played even worse. But does that mean i would want johnson over jordan? Last year yes, i was crushed when we moved up not to select johnson. But we have jordan now, and he's on the ship. and the ship has sailed. so im sticking with him, and love his potential.

This is coming from PFF

"Like his colleagues, Johnson got off to a slow start, but after posting a -12.7 first-half grade, he finished at +12.9 over his last eight games, plus a +2.0 effort in the Eagles’ Wild Card game."

While he did by no means dominate, he was no way a bust. Not quite worth of no.4 overall. But guess what, look who we picked at no.3! Jordan played even worse. But does that mean i would want johnson over jordan? Last year yes, i was crushed when we moved up not to select johnson. But we have jordan now, and he's on the ship. and the ship has sailed. so im sticking with him, and love his potential.

Just using the same logic with Johnson that the majority uses with Jordan... Johnson isn't a bust overall but he played a lot more then Jordan and didn't live up to it.. I would much rather draft skilled players, WR,OLB, ILB,CB's on any day of the week and twice on Sunday.. Jordan was a great move and he will prove it if the ****ing play him!

again if miami trades jordan for pick #22 and either brandon graham or vinny curry they should fire everyone...we would get hozed on that deal...hozed

i'd much rather have high round picks than their failed pass rushers...

Never said he did but at least he wasn't the 4th person at his position playing

Vaark said it best, the first offer was a gauge offer.

As i posted in another thread, the question is whether Hickey told the Eagles to not waste their time because Jordan is off of the table or if Hickey told them they have to do much, much better than that.

A 1 & a 2 in this deep draft gets it done IMO. Throw in a player, dont throw in a player- throw in a toaster for all it matters. If they offer a 1 & 2 THIS YEAR, i think Hickey pulls the trigger. Jordan was not Hickey's choice and if i were a GM, i would get down on my hands and knees for two 1s and two 2s for my first draft on my new team.

Anything less than a 1 & 2 and id be disappointed. Maybe i wouldnt be too mad at their 1 & 3.

In any case, i doubt this trade happens and i certainly hope it doesnt happen for anything less than their 1st rounder. That has to be the foundation for talks to progress. From there on, heres hoping Hickey pulls his bandana over his nose and pulls out his six shooter.

For the poster who posted some Madden comment, go back to playing Madden. These are actual reports, not your living room with the headset on.

"Originally posted by dlockz
Chip Kelly would laugh at Lane Johnson straight up for him.
Hell you might as well ask for Nick Foles, Leeshan Mcocy and Jason peters too while your at it"

Just like their laughable offer you lead with a laughable offer...its poker

At some point, you have to step back and look at the enormous size of the smoke cloud.

We're obviously not hearing trade talks about Oliver Vernon. Why OV? In the grander scheme of things, it is probably not too far of a leap to think Jordan was drafted to replace an under-performing and under-promising OV. Then BANG, OV went off. Jordan's health, lack of playing time, OV's development and apparent miscasting of Jordan seems to be the product of us trying to figure out how to put 3 elite, in concept, pass rushers on the field at the same time with no real foresight we would be in this position.

Now, sprinkle in the Chip Kelly connection and suddenly you have a tradeable asset. The problem is Jordan really isn't the asset they would want to trade. In fact, Jordan offers so much "unique" abilities in a rare package it creates a conundrum; how can you trade something potentially elite that you can envision but not utilize?

I think Dion Jordan will decide Philbin's success as much as Tannehill. If we cannot develop a hybrid defense that take full advantage of this 3 headed monster, then drafting Jordan was a complete failure. His talents are such that you simply can't just put him at DE and call it a day. If he's not on the field with Wake and Vernon at the same time, we have failed at creating a defensive strategy that would cripple most offensive passing games.

Unique is a great thing. Not being able to utilize it is a bad thing.

Trading Jordan admits failure, pure and simple. Trying to correct last year's bold move by saving face and drafting traditional scheme players will set us back many years.

You got your man. Use him.

At some point, you have to step back and look at the enormous size of the smoke cloud.

We're obviously not hearing trade talks about Oliver Vernon. Why OV? In the grander scheme of things, it is probably not too far of a leap to think Jordan was drafted to replace an under-performing and under-promising OV. Then BANG, OV went off. Jordan's health, lack of playing time, OV's development and apparent miscasting of Jordan seems to be the product of us trying to figure out how to put 3 elite, in concept, pass rushers on the field at the same time with no real foresight we would be in this position.

Now, sprinkle in the Chip Kelly connection and suddenly you have a tradeable asset. The problem is Jordan really isn't the asset they would want to trade. In fact, Jordan offers so much "unique" abilities in a rare package it creates a conundrum; how can you trade something potentially elite that you can envision but not utilize?

I think Dion Jordan will decide Philbin's success as much as Tannehill. If we cannot develop a hybrid defense that take full advantage of this 3 headed monster, then drafting Jordan was a complete failure. His talents are such that you simply can't just put him at DE and call it a day. If he's not on the field with Wake and Vernon at the same time, we have failed at creating a defensive strategy that would cripple most offensive passing games.

Unique is a great thing. Not being able to utilize it is a bad thing.

Trading Jordan admits failure, pure and simple. Trying to correct last year's bold move by saving face and drafting traditional scheme players will set us back many years.

You got your man. Use him.

That's right!!! Well said 40353.....

Back
Top Bottom