Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

Everyone ignoring the $10 hit we would take for trading Jordan.

I am normally not one to give the Fins the benefit of the doubt but so far.. Hickey clearly has a plan and is not deviating.... Cheers.

I happen to think Jordan is soon to be the next Jason Taylor. Only time will tell. It's too early to call it either way. As for the eagles wanting him. Let's not forget he played for chip Kelly at Oregon. That's why they want him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also probably feels that Jordan may be available since he did not play a lot as a rookie. Im sure he would like kiko Alsonso but he knows he definitely is not available

How the hell do the Eagles seem desperate lol they offered a 1st round bust and a second round pick for him lol

Not sure why anyone would assume that Jordan could not be in play at pick 3 last year

It would be smarter to give up less to move up for Kony Ealy or even more for a superior prospect like barr

Why would Jordan be in play at number three when according to you he wasn't even the best player at Oregon?:crazy:

Regardless of what you think the Eagles thought on draft day, they don't like Jordan THAT much. If they did, they'd make a serious offer. If the Eagles thought Jordan was a legitimate top-5 talent, they'd happily offer the 22nd pick.

Wow. Do you pay sticker price when you go buy a new car?

Exactly. And when you make an offer, it's lowball because you know they are gonna highball. Therefore, you meet in the middle.

But there is no meeting in the middle for Jordan- nothing less than 1 & 2. Not 1 & 4, not 1 & 3. Well, maybe Lane Johnson and #1. Yeah, I rephrase. I'd also accept Johnson and #1 (never gonna happen).

Why would Jordan be in play at number three when according to you he wasn't even the best player at Oregon?:crazy:

Because many teams love to draft based on paper factors such as combine stats and such. It was a weak draft that's how we got the third pick in the draft for so little.
No teams were giving anywhere near value for that pick including us. Ronnie Brown wasn't the best player on the Auburn team and we still took him quite high over any other Auburn player.

Because many teams love to draft based on paper factors such as combine stats and such. It was a weak draft that's how we got the third pick in the draft for so little.
No teams were giving anywhere near value for that pick including us. Ronnie Brown wasn't the best player on the Auburn team and we still took him quite high over any other Auburn player.

So you really think the only reason Miami or Philadelphia wanted Jordan was because of his combine numbers? He was an excellent college player and a team leader who was always projected as a top five pick in last years draft. He didn't all of a sudden shoot up the draft board after his combine and private workouts. You are always projecting, with every single college player, what they will become in the pros. There is never a sure thing. The one thing that can not be disputed, however, is Jordan's physical talent.

I don't see the upside in Jordan that others around here do. At least not in this defense. His college career was underwhelming and then shoots up draft boards because of his athleticism. I'm more inclined to think we get a Ronnie Brown like career from him. Both were similar draft situations.

lol he's a good player with a ton of potential. how is that a waste of time? You make it sound like he's Jonathan Martin.

That guy was around in 1972? My god his posts more resemble that of a 13 year old that has never seen a game.

The 22nd pick for the 3rd pick is not sticker price. It was a weak class, and this is a strong class . . . but a 19-pick gap in the 1st RD? That's still a low-ball offer. If they viewed him as an elite player, they'd be willing to give up the 22nd pick - where you're not likely to get an elite player (even in this very good draft). Forget the fact that he's a perfect fit for their scheme.

The 22nd pick for the 3rd pick is not sticker price. It was a weak class, and this is a strong class . . . but a 19-pick gap in the 1st RD? That's still a low-ball offer. If they viewed him as an elite player, they'd be willing to give up the 22nd pick - where you're not likely to get an elite player (even in this very good draft). Forget the fact that he's a perfect fit for their scheme.

Your assuming Jordan wouldve gone at 3 if we dont trade up. Jordan's value in regards to picks is what we gave up for him, not where he was selected hence, a 1 and a 2.

Now I read reasoning that at 22- TWENTY TWO- not likely to get an elite player.

This Jordan cat, he should definitely start a side business in motivational appearing. Not speaking, mind you. He can show up, flex, high jump, sprint across the stage, do some cones, get measured, and then just walk off the stage. Using this forum as a gauge, people are gonna be freagin PUMPED!

About what? I have no idea. He didnt say anything.

Your assuming Jordan wouldve gone at 3 if we dont trade up. Jordan's value in regards to picks is what we gave up for him, not where he was selected hence, a 1 and a 2.

Now I read reasoning that at 22- TWENTY TWO- not likely to get an elite player.

This Jordan cat, he should definitely start a side business in motivational appearing. Not speaking, mind you. He can show up, flex, high jump, sprint across the stage, do some cones, get measured, and then just walk off the stage. Using this forum as a gauge, people are gonna be freagin PUMPED!

About what? I have no idea. He didnt say anything.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

This thread really fascinates me. It's a two month old story from hear say from a "secondary source" and yet has 6,000 reads, and 14 pages of posts on a trade that had less than a Snowball's Chance In Hell of ever being considered let alone happening.

Absolutely Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom