Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

Regardless of what you think the Eagles thought on draft day, they don't like Jordan THAT much. If they did, they'd make a serious offer. If the Eagles thought Jordan was a legitimate top-5 talent, they'd happily offer the 22nd pick.

I think the Eagles were aware the Dolphins wanted to trade up, but like the entire world, figured it would be for a tackle

I don't buy the eagles were set on Jordan because why take Johnson over Mingo if u need that type ofguy so bad.

This busts my bubble. I had faith in Hickey being smart and a smart man would have made that trade in a heartbeat.

jordan=BUST, defense DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS and inside-out football is a FARCE.

I DREAM of a Miami Dolphins WITHOUT dion jordan and daniel thomas.

I don't think I've ever seen that many thumbs down

Maybe they drafted bpa as far. As their draft board was concerned

Maybe they liked Lane Johnson better none of us will ever know. If they liked him that much they would be trading this year's number one without hesitation

I don't want Brandon Graham, he has done little, at least in Jordan I believe we have an heir to Wake in two years. Graham will be off the roster when his contract runs out. And a 2nd rounder? Nope. I want a 2nd and 3rd this year PLUS a 3rd next year......OR I want a 1st this year and a 3rd next year. Take it of leave it Philly. I'd rather have picks then someone else's junk. I wouldn't trade Jordan for anything less than equal value, 3rd pick overall would be worth the 22nd pick this year and a 3rd and another 2nd next year. Otherwise, pound sand.

I don't want Brandon Graham, he has done little, at least in Jordan I believe we have an heir to Wake in two years. Graham will be off the roster when his contract runs out. And a 2nd rounder? Nope. I want a 2nd and 3rd this year PLUS a 3rd next year......OR I want a 1st this year and a 3rd next year. Take it of leave it Philly. I'd rather have picks then someone else's junk. I wouldn't trade Jordan for anything less than equal value, 3rd pick overall would be worth the 22nd pick this year and a 3rd and another 2nd next year. Otherwise, pound sand.

Your not getting equal value. You might get their first and a third. No Team is trading the equivalent of the third pick in the draft fro Dion Jordan

yeah you could probably pull a 1st and a 3rd for dion jordan...the eagles 22 pick and a 3rd either this or next year and i bet they'd do it...they know he comes there he's an every down player in that system

i have no doubts...but you'll never get top 3 pick level compensation back...

Jordan reminds me of J.T. when he first came in. Very similar body type and skills. J.T. came in as a 4-3 defensive end and adapted successfully when the team switched to a 3-4. I'm willing to bet Jordan will show that same versatility. If he gets beat out by Vernon for the DE position he may end up beating Misi out for the OLB position.

I haven't scanned the entire thread to see if posted, sorry if it has.... but:

"Philly Mag doesn't believe the Dion Jordan-to-Eagles trade talks are "dead" and thinks OLB/DE Brandon Graham and the No. 22 overall pick would get it done."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8384/dion-jordan

Forget "what" it would take to get this deal done. There are many more effects to all of this.

Last year we had obvious holes on the OLine that were not addressed before the draft. We sacrificed 2 picks to move up to acquire Jordan in a spot that would allow us to land ANY top tackle we wanted. Instead, we drafted Jordan. Furthermore, the only OL we drafted was a project. Then we went value shopping on the OL in the 2nd half of FA. The net effect is 58 sacks on the best QB prospect you've had in 3 decades.

So, understand this, we risked the health and career of our Franchise QB for potentially the next 12 or so years for a hybrid and rangy DE/OLB to cover athletic TEs and be an "assassin" that can play anywhere on the line. By drafting Jordan, we snubbed our nose at Tannehill. Compounding the problem is the lost 2nd round pick AND the fact Jordan was a part time player picked 3rd overall. The pick failed on so many levels it was an immediate bust. There is NO ROOM for a PROJECT pick at #3.

In essence, all of the sacks, lack of run blocking and broken plays destroyed our offense. But did Jordan's production offset the impact? No.

This has nothing to do with what Jordan CAN BE or if we FAILED utilizing him. We FAILED at protecting our Franchise and forfeited an entire year's of offense and learning.

If we trade him NOW, we admit we CAN'T develop Jordan into the player we envisioned and now our OLine is WORSE. So, now we've forfeited last year and THIS year to build cohesion in our OL. And we have sacrificed RT's health to acquire a game changing defensive player to FINALLY cover a hole on defense we've had for decades and after one year... we trade him. We NOW have the same hole on Defense that we sacrificed to fix.

And settling for an OLB and a draft pick add insult to injury. We have Jordan, we NEED to make him what he was envisioned to be or we have set ourselves back in unspeakable manners.

We only dig a deeper hole by trading Jordan. The time to use those picks was last year. We forfeited the playoffs and RT's health to acquire Jordan. So keep him, develop him, choke on the mistake and move on. But stop wasting more resources trying to fix last years draft. Focus on our current problems and add by adding. Don't add by subtracting a truly unknown.

When you makes mistakes at the top of the draft, you set your franchise back for YEARS.

You're not getting equal value. You might get their first and a third. No Team is trading the equivalent of the third pick in the draft for Dion Jordan

he is a BUST and everyone, INCLUDING THE EAGLES, knows it even if they don't want to admit it.

he will make the ryan leaf pick look like Peyton Manning by comparison.

THAT is why we won't get equivalent value. He was a colossal waste of time as the 3rd pick STRAIGHT UP, much less that we moved UP and gave a pick away to do so for him. This will go down as one of the top 10 WORST draft picks of all time for any team let alone the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
this busts my bubble. I had faith in hickey being smart and a smart man would have made that trade in a heartbeat.

Jordan=bust, defense does not win championships and inside-out football is a farce.

i dream of a miami dolphins without dion jordan and daniel thomas.

lololololololololol! Wow!

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

he is a BUST and everyone, INCLUDING THE EAGLES, knows it even if they don't want to admit it.

he will make the ryan leaf pick look like Peyton Manning by comparison.

THAT is why we won't get equivalent value. He was a colossal waste of time as the 3rd pick STRAIGHT UP, much less that we moved UP and gave a pick away to do so for him. This will go down as one of the top 10 WORST draft picks of all time for any team let alone the Dolphins.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! WOW!!:bobdole:

if they were to take pick 22 and brandon graham ross should fire them all...graham would be another miscast guy in our defense...now if we could get top 10 pick overall value return compensation wise i'm listening...i probably would listen hard to a pick 22 and 2nd rounder too...but i'd squeeze em for more in the end...maybe a 4th

eagles know what that guy would be in their d...and it's not a miscast situation at all...you want him i'm here...don't expect a discount cause our former dumb ass gm and these bozo scouts couldn't even find a scheme fit to trade up for...

yeah you could probably pull a 1st and a 3rd for dion jordan...the eagles 22 pick and a 3rd either this or next year and i bet they'd do it...they know he comes there he's an every down player in that system

And that's why you never trade him. Develop him and make him return on the investment. If not, then stop drafting all together because we're staring to continue the process of replacing draft mistakes with FAs. At some point you have to become better at developing talent or trade all of your draft picks for RFAs and let someone else do the teaching.

personally I think that's a good trade

Back
Top Bottom