Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

I think Ireland burned the Raiduhs and I thought it was a gutsy move.. I believe it will pay off huge in the end..

But,,,,,If Chip Kelly wants to give up a 1st and a 2nd for DJ? bye bye Dion.....Omly a fool would pass that up.. Nobody is worth that....

Guts move? Damn skippy.

BEGGiNG to see the talent translate to a terror on the field. Damn skippy.

Taking that trade? Pass the skippy for a pb & j victory sandwhich.

"Guts move? Damn skippy."

LOL! the last 20 years watching our Dolphins play I can attest to the fact that "guts" do move.... You know those little hot throw ups when JF/Henne would throw an interception.. Burp..

the story goes, the night before the draft Ireland asked the coaches if they could get anyone in the draft, who would it be? He said everyone told him Dion Jordan. If true, it's hard to blame him for doing what everyone wanted.
As for the pick itself, it's obvious the Eagles wanted him then and they want him now. What team tries to acquire a player 10 months after he was drafted? Philly gambled that no one would trade up to take him, they lost and it still stings.
I find it hilarious that they just can't let it go almost a year later

I think Ireland burned the Raiduhs and I thought it was a gutsy move.. I believe it will pay off huge in the end..

But,,,,,If Chip Kelly wants to give up a 1st and a 2nd for DJ? bye bye Dion.....Omly a fool would pass that up.. Nobody is worth that....

The raiders wanted to move down and that was the best offer. Great value pick wise but weak draft with no one worth moving up for after second pick.

Hindsight, Rick? Brotherman, every one and their grandmothers knew we needed oline badly going into the draft.

See, thats the kind of rebuttal that makes my butt twitch and not in a good way. You guys will say anything, sensical be damned, to make an argument for trading up for Jordan.

And, have you read any of my posts? I believe Jordan can be a monster. I believe he has all of the measurables. But I believed in Chad Henne too. That comparison sucks because its only the same in regards to believing in a player because the Miami Dolphins, our passion, selected him. Hell, Ted Ginn? I was showing highlight reels of college returns to all friends of mine that werent Phin fans tellin them, "Eat it."

I believe we needed oline last year along as the rest of sensical fans, we were right.

And now, if Philly offers a #1 and #2, i believe that two 1s amd two 2s are better to have than Jordan- nothing less and probably a proposition of the sort may include even more.

The logic of what they did was nowhere near sound. Based on ceiling/metrics/measurables, the talent was sound. But it wasnt a need. And if we are going by that draft, every selection Ireland made was shaky at best. As it always has been, Of course, only time will tell.

But you guys are saying definite star accusing me of declaring bust when i have said nothing of the sort and others are whining bust when it applies to all of us: what the hell do you know?

What you do know, without doubt, the Phins needed oline. Is that speculation? A record breaking sacks taken not proof enough for you?

Hindsight. Thats a joke. EVERY person, fan, critic, sportscaster, guru, rival, hater was well aware that the Phins went into last years draft needing oline. You should be ashamed of yourself with that hindsight crap. Again, another example of blind bias at its finest.

You loved the excitement a dull olineman doesnt bring. Since your, " Alright Miami !" on draft day, you had already bought in to the new shiny toy. And despite the lack of a top 5 draft choice not being able to crack 1st team, your blind fervor outweighs a logical "we shall see" standpoint.

Fisher = starter
Joeckel = starter
Johnson = starter
Anash = starter

Going strictly from expectation taking account the above:

Jordan = bum

Star ability. I believe.

Two 1s and two 2s in a deep draft. We need.

Oh, so the Dolphins should base their draft strategy only on need and on if the player they are drafting can be productive their rookie season. Long term ability be damned. By your logic, even if the Dolphins felt that Jordan would be a star defensive end, a position that every team puts a high value on, they should have passed on him because they had a need at another position. That is how mediocre teams stay mediocre. You keep insisting that defensive end was not a need last year, but you are wrong. It was a need. So was offensive line, but the Dolphins believed Jordan offered more at his position than either of those three tackles offered at theirs. You also act like the Dolphins couldn't have addressed the need on the offensive line at other points in the draft. They just chose not to and it was clearly a mistake.

Oakland did not only shop the trade to Miami. Chip Kelly said himself he would not trade a third rounder to move up one spot. We have no clue who Kelly actually targeted we can only speculate, so your argument is based on even less logic and assumption.
Of course Kelly would trade to get Jordan now because why not get a decent value player for a lower pick. Jordan is a bad third overall pick in my opinion but doesn't mean he doesn't have first round value.

All the buzz after the draft coming out of Philadelphia was that Kelly wanted Jordan and that he was surprised by what Miami did. He clearly still covets Jordan as evidenced by all the trade speculation. What did you expect Kelly to say after the draft, " We got stuck taking Johnson, but we really did not want him. We wanted Jordan."? As far as moving up one spot in the draft, of course Kelly didn't want to give up a third round pick to move up one spot. Why would he? He thought he would get Jordan staying put. He gambled and lost. You then create this straw man argument that Kelly is clearly not willing to trade anything valuable to acquire Jordan now, when you don't even know what Kelly is willing to give up to acquire him or what Miami is willing to accept to give up on him. In another post you claim that there was nobody worth trading up for after the first two picks. Isn't that convenient for you that it just so happens that Miami traded up to the third pick in the draft. Exactly the cutoff spot, according to you, where a team should be criticized for trading up to. So according to you, it would have been okay for Miami to trade up to number one for Fisher, or number two for Joeckel, but trading up to number three for a player that Miami felt was the best talent in the draft was stupid. The Dolphins felt that they needed another pass rush option to compliment Wake and they made a move up, for a minimal cost, to get the player they felt had the most upside at that position. It is obvious that Chip Kelly feels the same way about Jordan as evidenced by all the trade speculation.

The value is not there....Jordan still has elite skill set and was going to be a developmental player coming out. Should he have been drafted 3rd overall? No, but he still had top 15 value (and would this year as well) and has the potential to develop into a high end starter.

Ireland screwed the pooch on this one, especially when you consider that the second traded to move up to 3 would have been used on B. Albert. Jordan gets hate due to his draft position and the trade-up, but lets not act like he's a bad football player that has little to offer.

if it's true about more weight gain and over 265 now and he plays the run like he did in 2013 again you can bet your rear end that it will be known then that this guys miscast in a 43...and should be moved to a 34 team for a high return..

that height and thin torso gonna make it hard for him at the poa in the run game...have to beat people with lateral quickness and hand use more than stand guys up and keep an arm free etc and flow laterally down the los...

if you think this is an ideal 43 de fit well you're nuts...it's not

let's just hope the pass rush can offset and we can get more return...he needs more lead in the pencil to handle the run in a 43...but he's always gonna have some issues with leverage given that length gives guys a large target to get up underneath...i knew that 6 ft 6 plus on that frame was gonna be an issue in a 43 at de...

every down player right now in a 34...that's the ideal fit

La Canfora is on Twitter this morning with his chest puffed out. Acting like this article somehow validates what he said weeks ago. Even going as far as retweeting someone who said Dolphins fans owe Jason an apology. The guy is such a moron.

La Canfora is on Twitter this morning with his chest puffed out. Acting like this article somehow validates what he said weeks ago. Even going as far as retweeting someone who said Dolphins fans owe Jason an apology. The guy is such a moron.
LaCanfora stated that the Dolphins were actively shopping Jordan. This report is that Philadelphia made an enquiry. LaCanfora might be puffing his chest on twitter but he is wrong, AGAIN! Huge difference between actively shopping and a team enquiring.

All the buzz after the draft coming out of Philadelphia was that Kelly wanted Jordan and that he was surprised by what Miami did. He clearly still covets Jordan as evidenced by all the trade speculation. What did you expect Kelly to say after the draft, " We got stuck taking Johnson, but we really did not want him. We wanted Jordan."? As far as moving up one spot in the draft, of course Kelly didn't want to give up a third round pick to move up one spot. Why would he? He thought he would get Jordan staying put. He gambled and lost. You then create this straw man argument that Kelly is clearly not willing to trade anything valuable to acquire Jordan now, when you don't even know what Kelly is willing to give up to acquire him or what Miami is willing to accept to give up on him. In another post you claim that there was nobody worth trading up for after the first two picks. Isn't that convenient for you that it just so happens that Miami traded up to the third pick in the draft. Exactly the cutoff spot, according to you, where a team should be criticized for trading up to. So according to you, it would have been okay for Miami to trade up to number one for Fisher, or number two for Joeckel, but trading up to number three for a player that Miami felt was the best talent in the draft was stupid. The Dolphins felt that they needed another pass rush option to compliment Wake and they made a move up, for a minimal cost, to get the player they felt had the most upside at that position. It is obvious that Chip Kelly feels the same way about Jordan as evidenced by all the trade speculation.

People believe what they want to believe, nobody knew what Philly was going to do. He obviously doesn't covet him as much as u think if he is not giving up more than a second. They knew Oakalnd was shopping the pick and Johnson was definitely not the consensus 3rd best player in the draft so they knew a good chance someone would take Jordan

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Anybody that thought Jordan was the most talented player in the draft should be drug tested. he wasn't even the best player at Oregon

People believe what they want to believe, nobody knew what Philly was going to do. He obviously doesn't covet him as much as u think if he is not giving up more than a second. They knew Oakalnd was shopping the pick and Johnson was definitely not the consensus 3rd best player in the draft so they knew a good chance someone would take Jordan

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Anybody that thought Jordan was the most talented player in the draft should be drug tested. he wasn't even the best player at Oregon

I'm sorry but if Chip and the Eagles have been trying to trade for Jordan for the past year and half it obviously means something.

Pure speculation, but I'm taking that Kelly thought if anyone traded up it would NOT be for Jordan. Obviously he got burned, and now he wants Jordan more than ever.

Eagles tossing Graham who is basically left over scraps and a 2nd for Jordan is beyond laughable.

Eagles recognize that Jordan is not a TRUE fit for the Dolphins scheme and so are trying to swindle him at a cheap price.

Hickey is playing it smart and recognizes that as of RIGHT NOW, Jordan is more valuable to the Eagles than he is to the Dolphins.

Eagles are in desperate need for a 3-4 OLB and chances are Mack and Barr are gone at 22. Toss in that Eagles are also in desperate need for a WR.

All in all, Fins hold all the cards and Eagles are looking more and more desperate each passing day. Hickey will likely wait for the Eagles to toss out a over the top offer.

Maybe 1st, 2nd, and Graham.

Maybe 2 1st if we don't even want Graham.

Maybe we have our own plans for Jordan and won't trade him for anything less than a Ricky Williams type deal.

Hickey like a boss.

So if some team came out of the woodwork unsolicitedly to test Farmer, another novice GM by offering a second and some crap for Josh Gordon because they coveted their first round pick more than they do him, that must mean, according to your logic that he's worth a second because of an unsolicited, "nothing ventured, nothing gained" offer, right? And just because at this point it's unlikely based on his performance and diva-ness that Washington would get more than a 2nd in return for RG3 - that would automatically value him as not worth a first either, right?

I'm sorry but if Chip and the Eagles have been trying to trade for Jordan for the past year and half it obviously means something.

Pure speculation, but I'm taking that Kelly thought if anyone traded up it would NOT be for Jordan. Obviously he got burned, and now he wants Jordan more than ever.

Eagles tossing Graham who is basically left over scraps and a 2nd for Jordan is beyond laughable.

Eagles recognize that Jordan is not a TRUE fit for the Dolphins scheme and so are trying to swindle him at a cheap price.

Hickey is playing it smart and recognizes that as of RIGHT NOW, Jordan is more valuable to the Eagles than he is to the Dolphins.

Eagles are in desperate need for a 3-4 OLB and chances are Mack and Barr are gone at 22. Toss in that Eagles are also in desperate need for a WR.

All in all, Fins hold all the cards and Eagles are looking more and more desperate each passing day. Hickey will likely wait for the Eagles to toss out a over the top offer.

Maybe we have our own plans for Jordan and won't trade him for anything less than a Ricky Williams type deal.

Hickey like a boss.
I think the Eagles were aware the Dolphins wanted to trade up, but like the entire world, figured it would be for a tackle

Hickey like a boss.

How the hell do the Eagles seem desperate lol they offered a 1st round bust and a second round pick for him lol

Not sure why anyone would assume that Jordan could not be in play at pick 3 last year

It would be smarter to give up less to move up for Kony Ealy or even more for a superior prospect like barr

Back
Top Bottom