Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles tried to trade Brandon Graham and a 2nd round pick for Dion Jordan 2 months ag

According to the Delaware County Times, the Dolphins rejected Philadelphia’s offer of a second-round pick and linebacker Brandon Graham (a backup with three sacks last season) for Dion Jordan.

The Dolphins, who denied a report that Jordan is available, have been auditioning pass rushers in the draft. They dispatched their defensive line coach to Minnesota to privately work out Concordia-St. Paul defensive end Zach Moore, who has 33 college sacks and has created a buzz.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-dolphins-um-marlins-buzz-.html#storylink=cpy

How about Evan mathis and a 1st with a 4th

How about Evan mathis and a 1st with a 4th

I think if they threw Mathis in they would drop it to a second. Philly likes Jordan but they are not going to break the bank for him, esp when they could have just traded a 3rd rounder last year to move up and get him if they wanted to so bad.
I would take that trade if Im Miami but Im not feeling like Jordan is the second coming of JT like some people are. Some people are too wrapped up on his so called athleticism like he is a sure thing because of that. Well tell that to the Jets and Vernon Ghouston was a superior prospect with a better college career.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Its the old jedi mind trick.

It would not be trading a 3 for a 22, its a 12 & a 42 for a 22. I repeat, Jordan's value is not a 3, its what we gave to trade up to acquire him. If you dont understand, do some push-ups and grunt. It always helps me.

This thread really fascinates me. It's a two month old story from hear say from a "secondary source" and yet has 6,000 reads, and 14 pages of posts on a trade that had less than a Snowball's Chance In Hell of ever being considered let alone happening.

Absolutely Amazing.

Absolutely amazing. Conjecture and discussion in a forum. Stop the presses. What a novelty.

I think if they threw Mathis in they would drop it to a second. Philly likes Jordan but they are not going to break the bank for him, esp when they could have just traded a 3rd rounder last year to move up and get him if they wanted to so bad.
I would take that trade if Im Miami but Im not feeling like Jordan is the second coming of JT like some people are. Some people are too wrapped up on his so called athleticism like he is a sure thing because of that. Well tell that to the Jets and Vernon Ghouston was a superior prospect with a better college career.

Never know. Could break the bank.

Couldve, shouldve, wouldve but didnt give the 3 to get him.

Gholston reference = nice.

Never know. Could break the bank.

Couldve, shouldve, wouldve but didnt give the 3 to get him.

Gholston reference = nice.

personally would not have taken Johnson or Jordan with that pick and feel like anyone after three was about on same level until about 15.
Which makes me hate the trade because we threw away what should also be another starter with plenty of similar talents at 12.
with everything that has happened hell if we had moved up would rather it had been for star

This thread really fascinates me. It's a two month old story from hear say from a "secondary source" and yet has 6,000 reads, and 14 pages of posts on a trade that had less than a Snowball's Chance In Hell of ever being considered let alone happening.

Absolutely Amazing.

NFL.com just reopened it the other day. Said philly is considering a 1st and Graham now for Jordan. Still not worth the value in my mind

Summing this all up bottom-line:

1. Jordan's coach who knows him best wants him mucho
2. Under the "if you don't ask/you don't get" philosophy, they threw out a low ball offer.
3. Despite what some contend, if that set the market for what Jordan is really valued at, then based on Ryan Grigson's first offer, Vontae is worth a 7th.
4. As the coaching staff had considerably more draft input in '13, it's logical to think that they wanted Jordan badly then, despite his injuries, were willing to be patient and now ready to reap the dividends.
5. Philadelphia was intent on taking him as the 4th pick - 1 whole draft spot after where we got him. We took them by surprise; with the draft needs playing out, no way they thought they wouldn't get him, so it would have been Spillman/Vernon Carey type folly to waste a pick or more to unnecessarily trade up one spot.

I want to see what we have in Jordan. He will come back bigger and stronger and he could be terrific. However, if the offer keeps going up, there comes a point where it becomes attractive and we get interested. This Draft is very deep and the prospect of another 1st rounder opens the door to addressing other real needs.
I like Coyle as DC but I have no great confidence that he knows how to use Jordan like Chip Kelly knows what he wants him to do. If this is the case, the pragmatist in me becomes interested in the prospect of a deal.

NFL.com just reopened it the other day. Said philly is considering a 1st and Graham now for Jordan. Still not worth the value in my mind

Hell we don't even know if they made an offer in reality. We always seem to believe what we want including myself.
I don't really want Brandon Graham but if they offer a 1 and 2 or maybe a 3 I move but Im one who believes Jordan is nothing special.
Philly is smart to make a move for him , he fits their defense and they wont have to give up more than one lower first round pick and something else to try to get him.
If we took Jordan at 12 hell Im ok because we still have a probable starter with our second round pick we gave up. Jordan was cheap because it was a large group of players that were basically similar talented guys.
Andy team could have easily outbid us for this pick if they wanted to. In the end nobody knows that he is going to do but his asking price definitely hasn't went up after a fairly insubstantial rookie campaign.
I wouldn't give up more than a first for Jordan because Ealy is no lesser of a prospect in my eyes. I do believe Philly will offer their first. I don't think Jordan is a horrible prospect I just wouldn't have drafted him even at 12 last year with who was left on the board.
Its all opinions he may what some believe or he may not., but like I said we believe whatever our gut tells us no matter that there are little facts either way.
I mean people assume Philly was took by surprise but everyone knew Oakland was shopping the pick so its not like the Eagles knew a team that needed a OT would be a team that traded up, once the first two tackles were gone odds were against Lane Johnson being the next pick unless select few teams traded up. It would be more logical that Jordan was every bit in play as a trade. If Philly wanted him that bad trading a 3rd round pick is not stupid.

What made the Carey trade beyond stupid was we had very few picks in that draft and Carey was not really rated that high compared to players left on board. Most had Carey as a late 1st to early second round pick.
Wilfork was still on board as well as other higher rated players. We got desperate for a tackle and gave up a pick. A fairly deep draft and we trade when there are several good players on board beyond stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Im not so sure because Kelly wants to guy that makes him so good. He passed on his own player Alonso who was rookie of the year . Just because players played for him doesn't mean he knows NFL talent any better than anyone else.

Im not convinced that Jordan was even their target because they didn't take DE or LB in their first 5 picks. We will never know what Kelly wanted to do we can just guess

Lane Johnson,Brandon Graham, and their third round pick. Done deal

Chip Kelly would laugh at Lane Johnson straight up for him.
Hell you might as well ask for Nick Foles, Leeshan Mcocy and Jason peters too while your at it

Never get rid of talent because of a coach's philosophy. Period. A good Coach finds a way to utilize talent no matter what.. Lane Johnson was a bust last season. Jordan can shut the doubters up but it's up to Coyle to let him.. 1+1=2

Back
Top Bottom