Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork

Butler sucks.. ninkovich really?? gayton? your safety's might be better for now..your front doesn't scare me at all... linebackers mayo is your best while we have dansby and burnett.. and we have better pass rushers than you -_- like i said our defense still better and has more depth so gtfo

the Phins have one better OLB than the patriots, and believe me, I'd love to have a player like Wake in NE. Cunningham and Misi are similar players and Cunningham played much better than his stats would indicate.

I feel that if McCourty and Bodden stay healthy that they're better than Vontae and Smith, but there isn't a huge gap in talent between the two units.

Also, I'm not really a fan of Ninkovich, but after what he did to Miami on Monday Night last year I wouldn't rip on him.

You talk so much of Wake. Yeah he has pass rush moves, but when was the last time he did something of significance like strip the ball for a score. Yeah 15 games ago agaisnt Favre who ranks next last in QB ranking.
Ninkovich produces just as much or more.

You talk so much of Wake. Yeah he has pass rush moves, but when was the last time he did something of significance like strip the ball for a score. Yeah 15 games ago agaisnt Favre who ranks next last in QB ranking.
Lmao he does good in one game.. so how good he did in the whole season o yea nothing please.

Ninkovich had a good game in the season finale against Miami too. he's a pretty good run defender and good in coverage, but watching him try and rush the QB is painful to watch at times.

Lmao Wake had more sacks last year than Rob Ninkovich has had in his whole career you silly troll. And he had 3 FF last year to go along with his 14 sacks. Leave it to a Patsie to put those two in the same breath.

the patriots have ran 4 man fronts a lot during BB's tenure.

they don't have a big name pass rusher, but depending on whatever scheme they run I feel they have capable players to do the job. They're high on Cunningham who can play 3-4 OLB or 4-3 end, and from what I've read during training camp, if they go to the 4-3 they'll move Mayo to weakside OLB so he can blitz more.

Warren was quoted as expecting Bellichick to switch to a 4 front almost exclusively.

As high as everyone is on Cunnigham, I still don't see anyone on that line getting consistent pressure.

As well as McCourty played last year, if that front four can't get pressure, the Pats D will rank at the bottom again.

This! Lmao

idc about the pats, theyre a lock for the division, but the Jets losing ellis is nice :)

dolphins getting that Wild Card this year!

Wouldn't be so sure. Since their SB loss to the Giants they haven't won a playoff game and the reason why is because they are getting beat in the trenches (on both sides). I don't see that they did much to address that.
Haynesworth hasn't been relevant in 3 yrs and has trouble staying in shape. He's already missed a few practices I hear. Wilfork is a good NT, although he gets more accolades from some posters on this site than he deserves. He's also on the downside of his career and it seems that he misses a couple of games a yr. What no one is mentioning is why the Pats took a flyer on Haynesworth. Its because Ron Brace has been a disappointment.
They may win the division, but I don't beleive they are a lock. In a way I kind of respect Ryan. When he joined the Jets he stated that he wasn't there to kiss Bellicheck's ring. The Pats deserve respect, but not idolatry.

Ninkovich had a good game in the season finale against Miami too. he's a pretty good run defender and good in coverage, but watching him try and rush the QB is painful to watch at times.

He's a journeyman and a solid backup. Nothing more, nothing less. He couldn't make the Dolphins roster. You deserve credit for your offense, but I can't believe you are on this site beating on your chest over your defense. They are an average unit, with a few good players.
BTW, your coach would kill for a guy like Wake and was actually interested in him when he came out of Canada. BP and Ireland (to their credit) got to him 1st. The only LB on your team that could compete for a starting job on the Phins is Mayo.

He's a journeyman and a solid backup. Nothing more, nothing less. He couldn't make the Dolphins roster. You deserve credit for your offense, but I can't believe you are on this site beating on your chest over your defense. They are an average unit, with a few good players.
Pats have more impact players on defense than the Phins.

I'll take Soliai over Wilfork . . . call me a homer. I think Paul is one of the most athletic guys I have seen with his kind of size and now he has the technique to become a dominate 3-4 NT. Give me Langford and STarks over Ellis and Haynesworth also. I don't see what the issue is to be honest with you?

HOMER

Hey you said it ;-)

Warren was quoted as expecting Bellichick to switch to a 4 front almost exclusively.

As high as everyone is on Cunnigham, I still don't see anyone on that line getting consistent pressure.

As well as McCourty played last year, if that front four can't get pressure, the Pats D will rank at the bottom again.

the Patriots were 8th in points allowed last year. this season they'll have an improved secondary and front 7.

Wouldn't be so sure. Since their SB loss to the Giants they haven't won a playoff game and the reason why is because they are getting beat in the trenches (on both sides). I don't see that they did much to address that.
Haynesworth hasn't been relevant in 3 yrs and has trouble staying in shape. He's already missed a few practices I hear. Wilfork is a good NT, although he gets more accolades from some posters on this site than he deserves. He's also on the downside of his career and it seems that he misses a couple of games a yr. What no one is mentioning is why the Pats took a flyer on Haynesworth. Its because Ron Brace has been a disappointment.
They may win the division, but I don't beleive they are a lock. In a way I kind of respect Ryan. When he joined the Jets he stated that he wasn't there to kiss Bellicheck's ring. The Pats deserve respect, but not idolatry.

Wilfork missed something like 2 games in the past 3 years and he's only 29. He's just entering his prime and has shown no signs of slowing down.

Brace was a disappointment his rookie season, then he played well in 2010 before he got hurt. He's still on the PUP list right now. They took a flyer on Haynesworth because they knew they could get him for next to nothing and because the dline was riddled with injuries last year.

Back
Top Bottom