Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork

Why are we respoding to this thread?

You heard Miami has the best D-line around? Ok... Pats, nice line, Fins nice line.. Cool subject to try and troll. dbag

Why are we respoding to this thread?

You heard Miami has the best D-line around? Ok... Pats, nice line, Fins nice line.. Cool subject to try and troll. dbag

u mad?

Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork. What you got?

the Patriots were 8th in points allowed last year. this season they'll have an improved secondary and front 7.

They still get killed with giving up yards and their 3rd down percentage was 2nd worse in the league.

The Pats had an unbelievable TO ratio last year and I doubt they get anywhere close to +28 again.

That means they will give up more points.

The front 7 and secondary will be improved, but how much will be determined by the pass rush.

NE has no real pass rush threat yet. Cunningham is no Wake and few others on NE have ever been know for getting after the quarterback.

*edit: make that worst in the NFL on 3rd down conversion rate allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
dear Pats troll,

A) The Jets, who know Ellis better than anybody, offered him the league minimum on a one year deal. They considered bringing back Brodney Poole and Wayne Hunter bigger priorities than resigning Ellis. (And they've know for well over a week that he's been talking to the Pats) Clearly, the Jets aren't too concerned with where Ellis goes.

B) The Jets drafted someone to replace Ellis. His name is Mo Wilkerson. The Jets announced Mo Wilkerson as the starting DE opposite Mike Devito (normally Ellis's spot) FIVE DAYS AGO. Again, the Jets weren't too concerned over Ellis.

C) Both Miami AND the Jets have considerably better defenses than NE until proven otherwise.

u mad?

Ellis, Haynesworth, Wilfork. What you got?

We have Starks, Soliai, Langford, Odrick, McDaniel, Merling and Fields. All who have started games, in their prime of their careers and under 30 years of age. Our backups would likely be starters on most teams, including New England.

Ellis, Haynesworth and Wilford, all players in their 30s and on the downside of their careers. The better question is, what YOU got?

Wilfork is not anywhere near close to slowing down or being on the decline.

the Pats apparently just signed Andre Carter. He won't be a starter in the 3-4 but he can be a productive pass rusher when they run the 4-3 and nickel defenses. I'm liking how the front 7 is shaping up; I feel the pats will be able to run a variety of fronts this season.

Pats corners are better with Merriweather, Chung, McCourty, Bodden, Butler - advantage Pats
LBs - Mayo, Spikes, Ninkovich, Guyton
Front - Ellis, Wilfork, Haynesworth

Pats are still better, it's no wonder they whooped you arse last year. It's gonna happen this year too.

Lol what?

Corners, McCourty and Davis is a wash. Butler ****ing blows, and I can't name another corner on your entire roster. Smith dropped a lot of picks for us last year, but he was damn good in coverage, and I'll take dropped picks over getting roasted. Will Allen, if healthy, and that's a big if, is pretty good himself. I'll give you safeties.

Linebackers, this one isn't even remotely close. Dansby is better than Mayo. I'll take a guy who does everything over a guy who's really only a tackling machine. Spikes, another one trick pony. Ninkovich and Guyton, scrubs. Cameron Wake is better than any player on your entire team not named Brady. Burnett had a great year for SD so we'll see. Your pass rush is unbelievably bad.

Line. Again, much better. Soliai was probably the 2nd best NT in the league last year behind Kyle Williams. Will that continue? Who knows, but this is the first offseason where he's come in tip top shape ready to **** **** up. I'd say he'll have another great season. Ellis is solid, though not the player he used to be. Haynesworth is a lazy sack of ****. His career is done, not that he cares, he only wanted to cash in, and he did that. Wilfork, obviously is a beast, and cancels out Soliai, but Langford, Starks, McDaniel, Odrick, and maybe even Merling is the best group of DE's in the league by far.

Our defense is obviously better than yours in every aspect, including the guy coaching it. Maybe when your team gets a clue and stops consistently having bad drafts despite all the picks they have, and actually starts to play defense again like the days when they were actually winning SB's, then you can come on this board and talk ****.

Lol what?

Corners, McCourty and Davis is a wash. Butler ****ing blows, and I can't name another corner on your entire roster. Smith dropped a lot of picks for us last year, but he was damn good in coverage, and I'll take dropped picks over getting roasted. Will Allen, if healthy, and that's a big if, is pretty good himself. I'll give you safeties.

Linebackers, this one isn't even remotely close. Dansby is better than Mayo. I'll take a guy who does everything over a guy who's really only a tackling machine. Spikes, another one trick pony. Ninkovich and Guyton, scrubs. Cameron Wake is better than any player on your entire team not named Brady. Burnett had a great year for SD so we'll see. Your pass rush is unbelievably bad.

Line. Again, much better. Soliai was probably the 2nd best NT in the league last year behind Kyle Williams. Will that continue? Who knows, but this is the first offseason where he's come in tip top shape ready to **** **** up. I'd say he'll have another great season. Ellis is solid, though not the player he used to be. Haynesworth is a lazy sack of ****. His career is done, not that he cares, he only wanted to cash in, and he did that. Wilfork, obviously is a beast, and cancels out Soliai, but Langford, Starks, McDaniel, Odrick, and maybe even Merling is the best group of DE's in the league by far.

Our defense is obviously better than yours in every aspect, including the guy coaching it. Maybe when your team gets a clue and stops consistently having bad drafts despite all the picks they have, and actually starts to play defense again like the days when they were actually winning SB's, then you can come on this board and talk ****.

i'll bite:

Kyle Williams wasn't a good NT. He was a good pass rushing interior linemen but the Bills god awful run defense, especially up the middle speaks for itself. He's the 4th best NT in the AFC East. I don't care what Profootballfocus says.

Regarding the CB's, Bodden and McCourty is a more than capable duo and imo better than Smith and Davis, although not noticeably.

Regarding Dansby vs. Mayo, ever since Dansby started playing in the 3-4 defense (2009), the number of impact plays he's made has been similiar to Mayo. I think Dansby is a good LB, but imo Mayo is just as good and has a chance to be even better. Spikes was a rookie and a very good run defender; the coaching staff has been giving him more responsibilities in training camp (like being able to audible), so he definitely has a good chance of being more than a "one trick pony."

The Patriots' "unbelievaby bad" pass rush was good for 36 sacks; 17th in the league I believe. This was with an injury-ridden dline and 2 rookie linebackers starting.

The patriots defense, including the pass rush aspect, will be much better this season. And seeing as how NE outdrafted Miami 2 years in a row in 2009 and 2010, there's no reason to bring up "having bad drafts."

i'll bite:

Kyle Williams wasn't a good NT. He was a good pass rushing interior linemen but the Bills god awful run defense, especially up the middle speaks for itself. He's the 4th best NT in the AFC East. I don't care what Profootballfocus says.

Regarding the CB's, Bodden and McCourty is a more than capable duo and imo better than Smith and Davis, although not noticeably.

Regarding Dansby vs. Mayo, ever since Dansby started playing in the 3-4 defense (2009), the number of impact plays he's made has been similiar to Mayo. I think Dansby is a good LB, but imo Mayo is just as good and has a chance to be even better. Spikes was a rookie and a very good run defender; the coaching staff has been giving him more responsibilities in training camp (like being able to audible), so he definitely has a good chance of being more than a "one trick pony."

The Patriots' "unbelievaby bad" pass rush was good for 36 sacks; 17th in the league I believe. This was with an injury-ridden dline and 2 rookie linebackers starting.

The patriots defense, including the pass rush aspect, will be much better this season. And seeing as how NE outdrafted Miami 2 years in a row in 2009 and 2010, there's no reason to bring up "having bad drafts."

I don't care what PFF says either. Williams was a beast last year, plain and simple. It's right there on tape if you want to bother looking at. Could care less what the Bills finished in run defense when Williams was the only good player in that front 7.

McCourty had a very good rookie season. Means nothing. Butler had a decent rookie season too from what I remember and last year, might have been the worst CB in the league. Man was he ****ing awful.

Get real with saying Mayo and Dansby have made the same amount of plays since Dansby has been in the 3-4. It was actually 2007 that Arizona started running the 3-4 if I'm not mistaken. A hybrid 3-4/4-3 anyways. Not going to bother posting the stats since you can find them yourself, but it's not even comparable. Mayo racks up tackles, that's it. Dansby is much better in pass coverage and as a pass rusher. Spikes, no chance of being more than a one trick pony to be honest. Not when you're that slow. He's a thumper and that's all he'll ever be. Kevin Burnett is also a very good overall player, and AJ Edds was the best coverage LB in the draft last year. These days, you need LB's who can cover.

36 sacks, great. Still means nothing since pass rush has more to do with getting pressure on the QB that getting sacks, and the Patriots got consistent pressure on the QB very rarely, and you did absolutely nothing to improve that.

Not sure how your pass rushing is going to get better when you did nothing to improve it. In fact, you cut your best pass rushing OLB. You didn't really improve your defense at all from what I can tell.

The Patriots drafting hasn't been good at all. Certainly not better than us. The Patriots 2010 class looks good. 2009 was garbage aside from Chung. Vollmer could turn into a decent player. Brace, Butler, garbage along with everyone else. 2008, another garbage class with Mayo and a bunch of scrubs. 2007, Merriweather and a bunch of nobodies. 2006, the only good player in that class was a kicker... 2005 had Mankins and Cassell. 2004 had Wilfork and Watson is a pretty solid TE. You 2011 class will follow this trend. Solder is absolutely terrible. Dowling I liked before his senior season. Vereen and Ridley, meh. Did want the Dolphins to draft Mallett though. You can see my opinions in the draft forum before they were ever drafted by the Patriots if you like.

So yea, LOL at good drafting. One good player per draft class with as many picks as you guys have is pretty bad drafting actually.

Kyle Williams was not the best NT in the league, he was terrible at controlling his gap and made his defense suffer because of this. Hes not a true NT, heck I watched our backup linemen push him around last season. I agree with the Pats fan, I would say Kyle Williams is the 4th best starting NT in the division.

As for Shaun Ellis, hes 34 years old and I don't think he has much left in the tank as a starter. If he came back to the Jets Rex said that they would have started him for his start streak but he would be a situational player, that Wilkerson would get more reps still.

I think people are underestimating the Jets DL, we have 2 underrated run stuffers in Devito and Pouha then drafted 2 big guys who both have impressing so far. Jets got bigger and more athletic on the DL, not to mention younger.

Mike Devito 27 years old 6'3 305
Sione Pouha 32 years old 6'3 320 (I think Devito and Pouha weigh more than listed, both look really big)
Muhammad Wilkerson 21 years old 6'4 315
Kenrick Ellis 23 years old 6'5 346
Ropati Pitoitua 26 years old 6'8 315 (got injured last year but was suppose to make a contribution on the DL, healthy now and looks good)
Marcus Dixon 26 years old 6'4 295

These should be our top 6 guys. I think our defense will be better than last year, they were 7th in PPG last year I think they will be top 5 this season baring major injuries.

Kyle Williams was not the best NT in the league, he was terrible at controlling his gap and made his defense suffer because of this. Hes not a true NT, heck I watched our backup linemen push him around last season. I agree with the Pats fan, I would say Kyle Williams is the 4th best starting NT in the division.

As for Shaun Ellis, hes 34 years old and I don't think he has much left in the tank as a starter. If he came back to the Jets Rex said that they would have started him for his start streak but he would be a situational player, that Wilkerson would get more reps still.

I think people are underestimating the Jets DL, we have 2 underrated run stuffers in Devito and Pouha then drafted 2 big guys who both have impressing so far. Jets got bigger and more athletic on the DL, not to mention younger.

Mike Devito 27 years old 6'3 305
Sione Pouha 32 years old 6'3 320 (I think Devito and Pouha weigh more than listed, both look really big)
Muhammad Wilkerson 21 years old 6'4 315
Kenrick Ellis 23 years old 6'5 346
Ropati Pitoitua 26 years old 6'8 315 (got injured last year but was suppose to make a contribution on the DL, healthy now and looks good)
Marcus Dixon 26 years old 6'4 295

These should be our top 6 guys. I think our defense will be better than last year, they were 7th in PPG last year I think they will be top 5 this season baring major injuries.

You have a solid D-Line. Still 3rd or 4th in the division imo. I think you guys have a better line than the Patriots personally. I think the Bills line could end up even better than the Dolphins. Kyle Williams is a beast no matter how much you want to dispute it. Pass rushing NT's do not grow on trees. Marcel Dareus is pretty much a lock to be a beast as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see your defense being much better, or worse for that matter. It's pretty much the same exact unit as last year aside from some new faces on the d-line.

Btw, what's the deal on Kenrick Ellis and his felony situation?

Heard that some guy with priors was stalking his girl friend and then harassed her, the guy attacked Ellis with a baseball bat and Ellis busted the guys nose. The Jets wouldn't have drafted him if they don't feel like hes going to get through this alright. I heard that hes actually a really good kid just was with the wrong crowd at SC.

And the Bills DL is the worst in the division, though Dareus should be a stud. I am not sold on Williams as I watched our back ups push him around as McKnight ran all over the Bills defense.

Heard that some guy with priors was stalking his girl friend and then harassed her, the guy attacked Ellis with a baseball bat and Ellis busted the guys nose. The Jets wouldn't have drafted him if they don't feel like hes going to get through this alright. I heard that hes actually a really good kid just was with the wrong crowd at SC.

And the Bills DL is the worst in the division, though Dareus should be a stud. I am not sold on Williams as I watched our back ups push him around as McKnight ran all over the Bills defense.

I was actually more interested in his trial. Kids facing like 20 years if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom