Elvis wants to play for Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis wants to play for Miami

Not a fan. He wants a lot of money. Rather ink Abraham or Osi for a year and draft an Edge rusher.

Yeah he's from Miami and I am sure he isn't happy that he is being asked to take a pay cut. Then he gets cut because of the paper work and feels sour about the whole situation. So he figures to make the most out of it to make sure he gets the best deal going. I am sure he wouldn't MIND playing for the fins, but he also wouldn't mind going back to play in Denver. We have to remember he figures to have a decent shot at getting a ring with Peyton and the donkeys and he might be right. So IMO the only way we get him is if we offer more than the donkeys. No way he is going to give us some sweetheart deal just because his family is from here.

If the money is the same he probably goes with Peyton and tries to get a ring with a team he is familiar with. He knows their system and is comfortable with the coaches and team etc. Then again if we overpay by a little bit we could get him. Personally I would rather have him and Winston, than Jake. I just don't see Jake as being a good fit for us with the zone blocking. I would love to sign Winston, Dumerville, and Grimes or Porter before the draft. We would have a real shot at competing this year.

I am sure there are some contracts we can rescind to make it happen. Mullet Man comes to mind. Can we de franchise Starks and slide Odrick inside? :)

EVERYBODY wants a lot of money. Want in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up fastest. He may "want" 9 million a year but he's not getting it. Just like Jake Long might want 10 million and in his mind actually think he's worth that but nobody in their right mind is going to give him 10 million. Jake Long is worth 5 million. His play the last 3 years dictates that of a 5 million dollar Tackle. He'll likely get 7 million but hopefully we arent the dumbasses giving it to him.

You wanted a splash Mr. Ross, other than trading for Revis this is the next best thing. As for coming up with the money Incognito is a name I haven't seen mentioned yet, he' due to make like $5 mill this season and already has a foot out the door imo. I think Long is already a done deal and I doubt we'll scrap our long term plans at the last second. Patterson and Marshall should both be cut too and with another elite DE we could get away with lesser talent at CB.

DO IT!!!

No.

If we want 2 players of need why not sign BOTH LONG AND WINSTON? REALLY go all-out and fix the OL once and for all so we can finally move on from the cornfed fetish.

ireland has one thing right... he knows how to avoid the troublemakers. This franchise understands that "home-town" guys coming back here isa powder keg waiting to happen and they avoid it like the plague.

Another dl is relatively LOW on the priorities this off-season, by most people's admission. Why throw Wallace-like money at a dl guy?

He sees that the Dolphins are spending money like a drunk sailor. Of course he wants to come here.

Sounds like we will be used as leverage here? or are the Broncos forbidden from picking him up now so soon after cutting him?

Back
Top Bottom