Elvis wants to play for Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Elvis wants to play for Miami

Well, he agreed to take a pay cut with the Broncos to $8million/year... Michael Bennet got a 1 year/$5million deal, so I would expect Dumervil to command about $6-7mil/year. I wouldn't mind doing a 2 year/$14million deal like the Seahawks did with Cliff Avril (2 year/$15million)... then next year Starks could be let go, Odrick pushed inside (or pushed inside now), and the salary cap doesn't have both Starks and Dumervil on it.

Offer him Cam Wake money or leave it. You cant let these players dictate to you. Cam Wake is his equal.

Cut Soliai and Patterson, Get Dummervil and Grimes, Draft Star Lotulelei, Trufant CB, Bayley WR, Escobar TE, best T on the Board with our other 3rd and a G with our 4th, Lattimore RB with our 5th...there, fixed

First thought it is he is looking at the team who's spending a lot , has cap room and let's his agent leak that he's interested. Maybe he's interested or maybe he's looking to use us to get Denver to pay big

Just a quick thought. I think adding Dumervil would be huge for the pass rusher. He's not great against the run, but we could still have Odrick play some DE on 1st and some 2nd downs. Or Vernon as well. Anyways, one of the key ways to beating good teams is having a consistent and strong pass rush. Wake and Dumervil would go a long ways towards that...then could you imagine if Jarvis Jones were to fall to 12? Ill stop salivating now...

It's also been the proven way to beat Brady and the NE Patriots

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports Elvis Dumervil's agent intends to call the Dolphins because the DE would like to play for Miami.

I'm weary because of the source...Armando would say that Dan Marino is coming out of retirement if it got eyes on him... But, the thought of Wake and Dumervil on the DL just gave me a chub.

Elvis is an elite pass rusher. Thats a position worth paying for. Sign dumerville draft tackle in the second address corner in the firat and second. Wake and dum would make the corners jobs easy anyway.

Elvis is an elite pass rusher. Thats a position worth paying for. Sign dumerville draft tackle in the second address corner in the firat and second. Wake and dum would make the corners jobs easy anyway.

Bingo. With the rushing ability of new linebacking corps, along with the stout DTs, and Wake and Elvis? I see Brady on his ass a lot next year.

I'm weary because of the source...Armando would say that Dan Marino is coming out of retirement if it got eyes on him... But, the thought of Wake and Dumervil on the DL just gave me a chub.

Barry Jackson is reporting it to him, though. He's the definition of legit.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

If we signed Dumerville, I may actually get behind taking an OT in the first.

Sign him and draft OL. Tell Jake to take his "talents" away from south beach

I want both long and doom on this team. My thinking is this: trade big Paul Soliai, sign Starks to a longer term deal to reduce his immediate cap hit, slide Starks to NT, Odrick to UT, and play dumervil at RE and Wake at LE. Killer front 4 for a 4-3.

He wants to play in Miami because of Wake. Who wouldn't want to play on the opposite side of him. Wake commands double teams and chipping backs which would free up the other end. He would be wise to sign a one year deal for 5-6M per and rake in the sacks opposite of Wake for his last big contract.

i doubt it will happen. We already have Wake, Misi, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. Why get another? Thats too much to spend on linebackers!

Back
Top Bottom