Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft

Of course all of this depends on who the new GM is and how they want to approach the draft but I'm saying load up on playmakers and guys you can use to give you an advantage in some way shape or form. Ebron is one of those guys.

You have Ireland being fired after this season?? I think it's probably 50/50 at best. If things go really bad with the J. Martin/Incognito outcome, then I think Ireland may get the axe, but I don't really see us getting penalized or losing draft picks over this, unless there is some proof that Ireland and Philbin knew about the "hostile locker room environment," or someone encouraged Incognito to make life miserable for Martin....which I doubt they did. I want Ireland gone, but owners often keep incompetant GM's around....it's why my Phillies have kept GM Ruben Amaro around while the Phillies have fallen off.

Ebrons a nice player but he's not a physical monster...he looks like a wr running routes with how smooth he is...I would be interested in adding a tight end but not with our top pick unless the board dictates it...you got Keller you can bring back cheap clay who you can easily keep as a rfa sims and egnew...

Ideal scenario sure you get a real win option tight end but I would look to plug other holes first...

I have seen this guy bounce off, and break enough tackles to question this.

Regardless, Ebron for me is where the Dolphins are drafting. I'm a big, big fan of Ebron. But I'm not a fan of Ebron if Miami is drafting in the teens. I am a fan if they are drafting in the twenties, though.

I have seen this guy bounce off, and break enough tackles to question this.

Regardless, Ebron for me is where the Dolphins are drafting. I'm a big, big fan of Ebron. But I'm not a fan of Ebron if Miami is drafting in the teens. I am a fan if they are drafting in the twenties, though.

Why does that matter? IF he is a beast, a must have player, it really does not matter where the Dolphins pick if he is available. I think it's more foolish to pass on a player just because he is slotted by some scouts several numbers lower.

I agree with hoops, Ebron does not strike me as a physically dominant player. But he is a nice option because he can run like a receiver and like a TE, and blocks well. I am just not convinced we must have a TTE like that over some other player.

I like the kid and his ability to make plays. He's a 1st round talent but I don't think we should burn a 1st for him......no matter what.
I mean look at what Eifert has done this year...not much considering the type of offense they run in Cincy. I know he's apart of 2 TE sets but for a 1st rounder that may or may not have immediate impact on this team with GLARING holes.....I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that move. Keep in mind I was pro Eifert all the way last year.

Let's face it.. Next draft isn't going to be "flashly." We can't afford for it to be. Draft at the bare minimum two OL. We will need to draft a DT as well. Those are the top 3 picks right there. Maybe a FS as well following those to develop if we don't commit to Clemons long term.

Ebrons a nice player but he's not a physical monster...he looks like a wr running routes with how smooth he is...I would be interested in adding a tight end but not with our top pick unless the board dictates it...you got Keller you can bring back cheap clay who you can easily keep as a rfa sims and egnew...

Ideal scenario sure you get a real win option tight end but I would look to plug other holes first...

Ideal scenario would be trading down and still getting Ebron while picking up an extra 2nd and 5th rounder. We got a lot of holes to fill all along the line, at linebacker, probably a running back, wouldn't mind another speedy receiver with some size, DT and probably safety too.

You have Ireland being fired after this season?? I think it's probably 50/50 at best. If things go really bad with the J. Martin/Incognito outcome, then I think Ireland may get the axe, but I don't really see us getting penalized or losing draft picks over this, unless there is some proof that Ireland and Philbin knew about the "hostile locker room environment," or someone encouraged Incognito to make life miserable for Martin....which I doubt they did. I want Ireland gone, but owners often keep incompetant GM's around....it's why my Phillies have kept GM Ruben Amaro around while the Phillies have fallen off.

Even before bully-gate there were a lot of rumors of Ireland being on the outs. I don't think he's coming back next year and if he does then I would expect another year of mediocrity.

Why does that matter? IF he is a beast, a must have player, it really does not matter where the Dolphins pick if he is available. I think it's more foolish to pass on a player just because he is slotted by some scouts several numbers lower.

Where did I mention scouts and numbers? Also, where did I say he's a must have player? Are you sure you're quoting the correct person here?

Ideal scenario would be trading down and still getting Ebron while picking up an extra 2nd and 5th rounder. We got a lot of holes to fill all along the line, at linebacker, probably a running back, wouldn't mind another speedy receiver with some size, DT and probably safety too..

If they want him, they'll have to get him before the Patriots are on the board. Makes too much sense for the Patriots to grab either Ebron or one of the wide receivers that fall.

Ot lb dt would be my priority then s and rb...I can't watch another year of this wolb play or the terrible depth at the position...

We likely are gonna lose a dt we better supplement it...

If they want him, they'll have to get him before the Patriots are on the board. Makes too much sense for the Patriots to grab either Ebron or one of the wide receivers that fall.

Patriots better worry about getting a replacement for Wilfork. Their run d has been awful since him and Mayo went down and Wilfork is getting up there in age.

Patriots better worry about getting a replacement for Wilfork. Their run d has been awful since him and Mayo went down and Wilfork is getting up there in age.

Yet they still win...with two white guy dts no one has ever heard of...I hate that team

Patriots have holes just like every other team. And as hoops said, they still win. All I'm saying is that if Miami wants Ebron, they better not take any chances in betting that he'll pass by the Patriots.

Patriots have holes just like every other team. And as hoops said, they still win. All I'm saying is that if Miami wants Ebron, they better not take any chances in betting that he'll pass by the Patriots.

They gonna have some solid wr choices also if they so choose...wr class depth wise in the top 2 rounds looks nice...much more dependable pro future guys there than the OT class I know that much

Yet they still win...with two white guy dts no one has ever heard of...I hate that team

They do still win cause despite them being 31st against the run they come up with turnovers...lots of turnovers. They've got 23 takeaways this year and are a +8 in turnover differential. That and Brady runs that hurry up resulting in the second most offensive snaps in the league behind Denver with 784 snaps so far this year. We're 28th with 683...Pats have run 101 more plays that we have so far this season.

They do still win cause despite them being 31st against the run they come up with turnovers...lots of turnovers. They've got 23 takeaways this year and are a +8 in turnover differential. That and Brady runs that hurry up resulting in the second most offensive snaps in the league behind Denver with 784 snaps so far this year. We're 28th with 683...Pats have run 101 more plays that we have so far this season.

Why I say we should be running no huddle right now...the qbs ready for it

They gonna have some solid wr choices also if they so choose...wr class depth wise in the top 2 rounds looks nice...much more dependable pro future guys there than the OT class I know that much

Yup. Mentioned the WR as another possibility earlier on. They'll have options, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom