Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eric Ebron Declares for the Draft

If Ebron is the best on the board by a long shot, you take him. However, there will be a few LT's in this draft that could start right away and that is a must.

Jace Amaro is looking better IMO. bigger at 6-5 260-70. TExas Tech. Welker school. Im buyin.

If Ebron is the best on the board by a long shot, you take him. However, there will be a few LT's in this draft that could start right away and that is a must.

Just tonight I have a long list of Tackles/Guards. Tackle seems deep. Some good ones will be in 2nd and 3rd round. I will have one Tackle early and one late for my picks for sure.

BTW, anyone care for Seantrel Henderson at 6-8 345? BEast but hear he has some offield probs? Tends to play more finesse with his big body? little help?

he actually is reminding me of McKinney. same school. same size. same issues but good player and huge.

Agreed. Which is basically what I was saying when I said that I wouldn't draft Ebron in the teens, but I would in the twenties. That has everything to do with players I like before Ebron that I think would be able available in the teens that may not be able in the twenties.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rth-carolina-te-eric-ebron-to-enter-nfl-draft

I think the obvious spot the Dolphins must solve is the offensive line. With only the Center position being locked in, the team could use help at all other positions. Jon Martin is done...and I do not want him back. Richie Incognito has no chance of returning. John Jerry is not very good. Bryant McKinnie has done well, but is long in the tooth. Dallas Thomas was a lousy pick. Nate Garner is solid, but would help the team best as a back up/fill in.

Re-making the line is the offseason objective. It might be very possible to find a LT or RT in the 1st round and a good one at that. However, Eric Ebron is a stud and a difference maker. He is athletic. He has large catch radius and his skill set would match the balls Ryan Tannehill throws best. He will be a nightmare matchup in the Red Zone. He is even a little "bubble butted" and would be fine with his blocking.

Charles Clay has had an excellent year. However, he is not a true TE. I like Dion Sims and hope he can develop, but Eric Ebron is going to be a stud weapon in the NFL.
I agree 4/5 of the offensive line needs to be replaced. Maybe Dallas Thomas still emerges, I liked him quite a bit at Tennessee. That said, I'm not holding my breath based on what I saw in pre-season. Ebron would be nice and I think it's possible if the Dolphins bring in someone like Brandon Albert in free agency. More likely the top 3 picks will be spent on the offensive line.

More likely the top 3 picks will be spent on the offensive line.

Dont forget LB. Id be looking for a legitimate Mike or WOLB in the first few rounds...hell maybe the 1st round. Take a Mike in round 1 and move Ellerbe to WOLB. Use Wheeler as depth/3rd down blitzer until we can get out of that contract

Ideally we could shore up at least 2 spots on the line in FA.

Definitely would be tempted to go with Amaro or Ebron if they are on the board though.

Dont forget LB. Id be looking for a legitimate Mike or WOLB in the first few rounds...hell maybe the 1st round. Take a Mike in round 1 and move Ellerbe to WOLB. Use Wheeler as depth/3rd down blitzer until we can get out of that contract

Ideally we could shore up at least 2 spots on the line in FA.

Definitely would be tempted to go with Amaro or Ebron if they are on the board though.
If CJ Mosley is there when Miami picks that would be my choice. I haven't been thrilled at all with the play of the linebackers and Mosley would be a great addition. The Dolphins will likely keep either Starks or Solai, sign a legitimate starter on the offensive line in free agency and go into the draft looking at DT and offensive line. Linebacker is probably down the list some.

If CJ Mosley is there when Miami picks that would be my choice. I haven't been thrilled at all with the play of the linebackers and Mosley would be a great addition. The Dolphins will likely keep either Starks or Solai, sign a legitimate starter on the offensive line in free agency and go into the draft looking at DT and offensive line. Linebacker is probably down the list some.
Another guy Slimm pointed me towards was the Wisconsin LB Borland (I think). Ive only got to see one game...but he is exactly what we need there. Instincts.

It will be an interesting offseason because if Ireland is gone...then this new GM could change everything. Will Phillibin stay? Lots of questions.
If a new GM comes in and wants to ride with Tannehill (which they better) then I could see them all but neglecting the defense and focusing on building the line and getting Tannehill a running game and maybe a top TE.
Id resign Solia and Grimes. Then focus on fielding an offensive line that can keep your QB on his feet.

Ebron is fast but more of a straight line speed. I like Jace Amaro more

Ebron is a great player and a definite first rounder, but I think our #1 priority has to be an o-lineman or two, and then probably a DT, before we look at TE's. I really like Iowa Tight End C.J. Fiedorowicz, who I think could be the next Gronk. Check out his YouTube highlights if you haven't seen him play. I think we could take a LT like Kouandijo of Alabama or Lewan of Michigan with our first pick. Ideally, I would love to trade back for a later first rounder and early second rounder, but my confidence in Ireland doing smart things on draft day is fading.

I get to watch every Iowa game. early in the season they just would not feed him the ball. lately, jake ruddock has been giving C.J. chances to make plays and it has been paying off. I have been advocating for C. J. for quite some time now, I think he can be pretty damn good. He needs some work, but boy that frame is something else. I don't know where he would go, but I would guess late 2nd-3rd, which if it holds would actually be perfect positioning for this team...

where do you think his stock is at right now?

Totally agree Fox! I am a season ticket holder to all UNC games and this kid is the real deal, exactly the type of weapon we need to attack the center of the field. For those of you who haven't seen him, go back and watch his game against Miami. Once you see the video you will have no doubt either. I think we can address o-line a little later or through FA. When you have a chance to take a playmaker like this you do it. Remember I was the one who wanted us to draft GIO. We all know know how that turned out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rth-carolina-te-eric-ebron-to-enter-nfl-draft

I think the obvious spot the Dolphins must solve is the offensive line. With only the Center position being locked in, the team could use help at all other positions. Jon Martin is done...and I do not want him back. Richie Incognito has no chance of returning. John Jerry is not very good. Bryant McKinnie has done well, but is long in the tooth. Dallas Thomas was a lousy pick. Nate Garner is solid, but would help the team best as a back up/fill in.

Re-making the line is the offseason objective. It might be very possible to find a LT or RT in the 1st round and a good one at that. However, Eric Ebron is a stud and a difference maker. He is athletic. He has large catch radius and his skill set would match the balls Ryan Tannehill throws best. He will be a nightmare matchup in the Red Zone. He is even a little "bubble butted" and would be fine with his blocking.

Charles Clay has had an excellent year. However, he is not a true TE. I like Dion Sims and hope he can develop, but Eric Ebron is going to be a stud weapon in the NFL.

I just saw something I like with Ebron. He dropped a TD pass..right through his hands...the next play he comes up with a catch over the middle for a 1st down on 4th and 8.

Battled the adversity.

If Miami can solve the LT position in free agency then that could open up the draft to go for a playmaker like Ebron, Amaro or one of the big, physical wide receivers. The draft may be strong enough on the offensive line for the Dolphins to get the upgrades they need in R2, R3 etc.

I just saw something I like with Ebron. He dropped a TD pass..right through his hands...the next play he comes up with a catch over the middle for a 1st down on 4th and 8.

Battled the adversity.

Rare drop for Ebron. The follow-up catch showed his athleticism and mental toughness. Ebron is my #1 TE.

Back
Top Bottom