ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released

I’d still target WR at 29 if we were to sign Cooper or someone else in his tier. Ideally, I’d like to keep Parker as a WR4 (Waddle, FA, rook) and have him on some type of load management. It’s just not worth moving him for a day 3 pick. If healthy he’s always a plus player for us, no question. Let’s keep him fresh.

Good show then. It's rare to find people willing to admit they're wrong these days. My fault for pinning my perception that people are praising/blaming people based on their vaccination or lack of vaccination like it changes anything else about whether they are good or bad people on you.

No problem.

I understand and I agree with you. However, I did fall into that trap myself though.

So my bad on that.

Last 3 wrs taken at 29... Phillip Dorsett, Cordele Patterson, and Hakeem nicks. Not... terrible company but hinders my expectations of greatness.

Appearently Dallas is on the verge of signing Micheal Gallup to a new contract. I guess Cooper will hit the F/A market soon.

lol this means less than nothing....
Hmmmm

As a direct comparison, I would agree, but I would also add that (and I'm not going to bother looking it up) 99% of player selected #29 were probably underwhelming as far as star potential.

On the other hand, 90+% of players in general are not truly "day one ready" for the NFL, even when forced into that role. It's mostly hype, and unrealistic fan expectations.

Unless you are drafting top 10, and even then choose wisely, these collegiate players are rough, or at least unpolished. They often get away with it in college, but everybody is a great athlete at the next level. Expecting to draft a complete player at 29 is unrealistic IMO.

I think Juju Smith-Schuster is just as good of a fit, and when you figure in cost, might be the better option... All in all you'd really like to draft your WRs then overpay for them in FA. The ROI is going to be higher with JuJu. Another thing to consider here is that last season, Fins were #1 in WR cap allowance and #32 in OL allowance... Regardless of your philosophy on draft/FA strategy, that last bid alone should steer you in the right direction of how you should go about fixing both these units... Its pretty straight forward.
Cooper is a much better player than Schuster. I think there is way more "juice" to Cooper's game and would be worth the extra money he would cost.

Hmmmm

As a direct comparison, I would agree, but I would also add that (and I'm not going to bother looking it up) 99% of player selected #29 were probably underwhelming as far as star potential.

On the other hand, 90+% of players in general are not truly "day one ready" for the NFL, even when forced into that role. It's mostly hype, and unrealistic fan expectations.

Unless you are drafting top 10, and even then choose wisely, these collegiate players are rough, or at least unpolished. They often get away with it in college, but everybody is a great athlete at the next level. Expecting to draft a complete player at 29 is unrealistic IMO.
IMO the sayings "he's plug and play" or "NFL ready" are ridiculous and inaccurate.

Last 3 wrs taken at 29... Phillip Dorsett, Cordele Patterson, and Hakeem nicks. Not... terrible company but hinders my expectations of greatness.
This means nothing. How many good receviers have been taken between say.... picks 20 and 50. PLENTY

This means nothing. How many good receviers have been taken between say.... picks 20 and 50. PLENTY

100%.

The talent is always there.

I certainly wouldn’t complain if we move down into the early second and can reevaluate the board if no one is jumping out at them.

I’d also really like to sell the pick if someone wants to move up for a QB still on the board. 2023 first and….

AJ brown, DK Metcalf and Deebo samuel were all drafted in the 2nd round.. Let's hope MM can bring us some gems in this years draft

100%.

The talent is always there.

I certainly wouldn’t complain if we move down into the early second and can reevaluate the board if no one is jumping out at them.

I’d also really like to sell the pick if someone wants to move up for a QB still on the board. 2023 first and….
I'm starting to get on board RB as our first pick... (ideally a trade down a few spots) if Hall can have a similar impact that Jonathan Taylor has... that would be awesome. I know I'll probably be dissappointed, but whatever lol

I'm starting to get on board RB as our first pick... (ideally a trade down a few spots) if Hall can have a similar impact that Jonathan Taylor has... that would be awesome. I know I'll probably be dissappointed, but whatever lol
I would rather use our 1st on a RB then giving up draft picks for Barkley, paying him ridiculous money just for him to play 8 games a year. Its shocking to me how many of our fans want Barkley. Hes ALWAYS hurt.

I would rather use our 1st on a RB then giving up draft picks for Barkley, paying him ridiculous money just for him to play 8 games a year. Its shocking to me how many of our fans want Barkley. Hes ALWAYS hurt.

I partially agree lol

I would prefer to use our 29 on a RB rather than say Penning.

I would also prefer drafting Walker or Spiller over trading for Barkley.

However, if our plan is to value shop and skip Spiller, Walker Hall and loom at guys like Cook...... I would rather trade the pick for Barkley.

You are correct. He's always hurt etc.

However, he has true elite ability and has proven it when healthy. I can't say the same about any "value" RB in this draft.

His 7.2 million could be almost absorbed by cutting Little and Davis (5.2 million).

I don't necessarily want Barkley. But if we bypass the top 3 guys, I would rather trade 101 or 120 for Barkley rather than drafting a guy like Cook.

Barkley would be on a 1 year prove it deal.

If he doesn't work out, he is a FA and will likely get paid by someone.

If Barkley doesn't pan out, he most likely would be getting us a solid comp pick.

Worst case scenario, we are getting a comp pick in 2024.

Worth it for me to chance it

Back
Top Bottom