ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released

Let me add you can transfer money from year to year so they don’t have to spend it all

We absolutely better roll over $12-$15M. It would be reckless to do anything but.

I never picked up on the Reggie McKenzie connection. That's interesting.

Only thing that can get in the way is a monster offer from the Jags or Jets. The good thing here is that Cooper is already REALLY wealthy. It's not his first contract extension, so he should be making a major life decision here, not just in terms of football, but post football.

I infer he’s going to spend a ton of money because it was said in the context of having all that space
That was my point though. He really doesn't have a choice. He has to spend between 50-60 million minimum just because of cap requirements, more if we end up cutting some dead weight.

I understand he can rollover some if he were inclined. All I'm saying is the term "aggressive" is just a buzzword, without context.

That was my point though. He really doesn't have a choice. He has to spend between 50-60 million minimum just because of cap requirements, more if we end up cutting some dead weight.

I understand he can rollover some if he were inclined. All I'm saying is the term "aggressive" is just a buzzword, without context.
Well I do think of the goal is to build around Tua and make him as successful as possible. You get him a top WR to go with Waddle while also improving The line and run game

Well I do think of the goal is to build around Tua and make him as successful as possible. You get him a top WR to go with Waddle while also improving The line and run game
Agree, with emphasis on O-line. What occurred last year with that unit was borderline malpractice. I have defended Grier on some things in the past, but there was no excuse for that, not even a Flores excuse. If Flores wanted to roll with what we had, after getting rid of Flowers and the center, he needed to be reined in, and overruled. That is part of a GM's responsibilities to the team.

We better have not only a plan A next year, but a viable plan B, and preferably some options for a plan C.

We absolutely better roll over $12-$15M. It would be reckless to do anything but.

I never picked up on the Reggie McKenzie connection. That's interesting.

Only thing that can get in the way is a monster offer from the Jags or Jets. The good thing here is that Cooper is already REALLY wealthy. It's not his first contract extension, so he should be making a major life decision here, not just in terms of football, but post football.
Not only could Cooper be looking more for the proper fit above another huge payday, if his reported love for the Dolphins is true, they also happen to serve as a tax shelter.

Starting to make too much sense…

Not only could Cooper be looking more for the proper fit above another huge payday, if his reported love for the Dolphins is true, they also happen to serve as a tax shelter.

Starting to make too much sense…
McKenzie drafted him, he loves Miami, he’s went to Alabama and might be a Tua and waddle fan. We have money, it all lines up

I think his sideshow has covered up his mundane play last season. I'm not sure how excited teams would be about a 32 year old player who just had one of the worst seasons of his career

You mean the same team that clearly was blacklisting him and doing everything they can to try and prove Mckenzie was a better option.

Last year is not the year to gage his.performance

You mean the same team that clearly was blacklisting him and doing everything they can to try and prove Mckenzie was a better option.

Last year is not the year to gage his.performance

What are you talking about? They literally benched McKenzie during the season.

Beasely took 691 snaps which is more than he had last year and 3rd most in his career.
McKenzie took 257

Beasely was targeted 112 times which is the most of his career. His yard/reception was the lowest of his career. His YAC was the lowest of his career.

So how is targeting him more than ever, giving him the most snaps of his career.. trying to blacklist him exactly?

I think you've become unhinged about something other than what occurred on the football field, but I'm really looking forward to the contortionist act you pull to twist yourself in knots trying to justify the blatant lie you told.

Last edited:
This is a no brainer for me. One of the best route runners and pure receivers in NFL still. I really want Godwin, but this now gives us a few WR targets this off-season that I would be happy with me.
Hmmm.. Not sure I would want Cooper over Fuller or Parker...... Just kidding everyone.. No brainer... We could focus the draft on another WR or LB.. Please don't let Grier pick an Oline in the draft!!!

I think Juju Smith-Schuster is just as good of a fit, and when you figure in cost, might be the better option... All in all you'd really like to draft your WRs then overpay for them in FA. The ROI is going to be higher with JuJu. Another thing to consider here is that last season, Fins were #1 in WR cap allowance and #32 in OL allowance... Regardless of your philosophy on draft/FA strategy, that last bid alone should steer you in the right direction of how you should go about fixing both these units... Its pretty straight forward.

What are you talking about? They literally benched McKenzie during the season.

Beasely took 691 snaps which is more than he had last year and 3rd most in his career.
McKenzie took 257

Beasely was targeted 112 times which is the most of his career. His yard/reception was the lowest of his career. His YAC was the lowest of his career.

So how is targeting him more than ever, giving him the most snaps of his career.. trying to blacklist him exactly?

I think you've become unhinged about something other than what occurred on the football field, but I'm really looking forward to the contortionist act you pull to twist yourself in knots trying to justify the blatant lie you told.

Wow. Slow down there buddy.

1st- you clearly don't know me as a poster. I am opinionated and say alot. But I do not lie and I am one of the few on this board who will admit when I am wrong. I have no problem apologizing.

2nd- it's not a blatant lie if I believe what I'm saying to be true. Which I in fact did. However, prior to responding to you, I chose to look into what you were saying.

3rd- the stats and numbers clearly prove me wrong. So it actually made my post, and me IGNORANT on this issue. Since I was clearly wrong and misinformed or chose not to educate myself on it. I chose to state the definition so we can all be on the same page of the difference between lying and being ignorant.

I am a man of integrity sir or ma'am. If what I am saying is wrong I have no problems admitting it. Which I was HORRIBLY wrong on this topic.

I guess I made the mistake of paying attention to our resident Bills fan who kept praising Mckenzies performance against the Patriots proving they didn't need beasley.

But, our Bills fan does not represent the Bills team.

I don't need to do a contortionist act when I have no issues if I am wrong on a topic and can admit it.

Can you?

Wow. Slow down there buddy.

1st- you clearly don't know me as a poster. I am opinionated and say alot. But I do not lie and I am one of the few on this board who will admit when I am wrong. I have no problem apologizing.

2nd- it's not a blatant lie if I believe what I'm saying to be true. Which I in fact did. However, prior to responding to you, I chose to look into what you were saying.

3rd- the stats and numbers clearly prove me wrong. So it actually made my post, and me IGNORANT on this issue. Since I was clearly wrong and misinformed or chose not to educate myself on it. I chose to state the definition so we can all be on the same page of the difference between lying and being ignorant.

I am a man of integrity sir or ma'am. If what I am saying is wrong I have no problems admitting it. Which I was HORRIBLY wrong on this topic.

I guess I made the mistake of paying attention to our resident Bills fan who kept praising Mckenzies performance against the Patriots proving they didn't need beasley.

But, our Bills fan does not represent the Bills team.

I don't need to do a contortionist act when I have no issues if I am wrong on a topic and can admit it.

Can you?

Good show then. It's rare to find people willing to admit they're wrong these days. My fault for pinning my perception that people are praising/blaming people based on their vaccination or lack of vaccination like it changes anything else about whether they are good or bad people on you.

Back
Top Bottom