ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released

He fits the type of WR Tua needs.

Precise route runner but not going to high point and win many balls.

I'm sure his market will be hot though.

Would rather spend on Mike W.

I feel a certain way politically (mods I'm not trynna be political) but regardless of his stance it's how he went about I take issue with. Was from a self centered temper tantrum than any kind of calm and collected reasoning, and him lashing out at his teammates speaks volumes to me. Just not a team player IMO

Plus...he's old lol
I think that it is a personal decision, period.

He fits the type of WR Tua needs.

Precise route runner but not going to high point and win many balls.

I'm sure his market will be hot though.

Would rather spend on Mike W.

Unfortunately, today's take is Chargers are gonna tag Williams.

Top 3 WRS now will likely be off the market.

Cooper might be the best WR available. Well, he will be if Williams, Adam's and Godwin are tagged

The Crybabies overpaid him now in order to regain control of thei rbudget and their salary cap they have to move him. He will get paid by someone but probably not as much and probably not here. It's not Grier's style, even though he'd be a perfect fit. I would like to see him play in Aqua and Orange.

Well, people have chosen sides on that topic.

Also, when looking at him, he was also treated poorly. Wasn't just him.

So most opinions of Beasley come from that, as opposed to him as a player. Shaheen was the same on this board.

The fact is, Beasley would help about 90% of the teams in this league.

I wouldn't trade for him. But if we did, he would be an immediate upgrade

You were talking about digging deeper into his injury history or concerns

The stats I provided shows he still produces.

A guy who's still producing 1000 yard seasons and 8 TDS is not a real injury concern.

In theory, Cooper would most likely be replacing Parker..... so why wouldn't we or I compare the 2?
I asked you to look past him missing games and to look how injury prone he is.

I wasn’t asking to compare him to DVP. Of course I’d take Cooper over DVP all day. The thing to consider is how much money you’re going to have to throw at Cooper. Im not sure he’s worth it.

This is a deep draft class for WRs, I’d probably just draft a WR or two and look for cheaper options at WR.

I mean ok, you can believe that and still be a team player, and not an ***hole, which is the point I'm making. I don't want selfish people on the team, least of all a 33 year old slot receiver

I’d go all in for cooper personally and don’t forget Grier says he’s gonna be very aggressive. We can and I think will still draft a WR high. We need to add 2 good WRs. We would still have money for oline guys

It seems like a logical fit.

If only he was from Miami and also grew up a Dolphins fan, it would make it that much more likely.

Maybe the Jets or Jaguars just throw out an insane contract offer, but the other 3 teams at the top of the cap space list, LAC, Cin and Denver are not going to be in contention for Cooper's services based on their WR talents. Assuming Mike Williams is retained in LAC.

I'd say it's more than a 50/50 chance Cooper is a Dolphin, if he is in fact released. Cowboys may still be trying to work out a last minute deal. The current iteration of the Dallas Cowboys only has so many swings left at a potential Championship, losing Cooper really puts a damper in those hopes, IMO.

Let me also add though, I think it's incredibly important that Miami isn't the highest bidder for Cooper. I am not willing to out bid the Jets, I am only signing players who wants to be a Dolphin because they plan on winning. I am not just handing out money for the sake of burning cap space. Unlike 2020, every contract signed now REALLY matters.

Last edited:
I’d go all in for cooper personally and don’t forget Grier says he’s gonna be very aggressive. We can and I think will still draft a WR high. We need to add 2 good WRs. We would still have money for oline guys
I found that statement, "aggressive", a bit of a non starter. What does it really mean?

By rule, they have to spend most of the money. What do you infer from him saying "aggressive"?

Well, people have chosen sides on that topic.

Also, when looking at him, he was also treated poorly. Wasn't just him.

So most opinions of Beasley come from that, as opposed to him as a player. Shaheen was the same on this board.

The fact is, Beasley would help about 90% of the teams in this league.

I wouldn't trade for him. But if we did, he would be an immediate upgrade
I think his sideshow has covered up his mundane play last season. I'm not sure how excited teams would be about a 32 year old player who just had one of the worst seasons of his career

I found that statement, "aggressive", a bit of a non starter. What does it really mean?

By rule, they have to spend most of the money. What do you infer from him saying "aggressive"?
I infer he’s going to spend a ton of money because it was said in the context of having all that space

Let me add you can transfer money from year to year so they don’t have to spend it all

Back
Top Bottom