ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released

I am against signing expensive FA WRs. That said, Cooper is a good one and I suspect someone will overpay him. But if his market is slower than expected, he is worth a 2 year, cut-rate contract.

But... I wouldn't even speak to his agent until the first phase of FA is over... if he doesn't get a taker, then I'd offer him less than he wants and see what happens.

All in all... I'd rather draft a WR

DVP doesn’t get separation, we need to move on him from regardless.

I’m ok with Cooper I guess but he’s so hot and cold as a WR. Plus he gets injured.

I’d rather go after Davante Adams honestly.

I’d pass on Godwin too but I’m probably a minority on that.
Adams isn’t going to be available, IMO. Cooper is definitely a great receiver. If we could sign him or Godwin I would also be fine moving on from Parker. What don’t you like about Godwin?

Why are we comparing him to Parker?

I don't even want Parker. Of course he's way better than DVP.

You were talking about digging deeper into his injury history or concerns

The stats I provided shows he still produces.

A guy who's still producing 1000 yard seasons and 8 TDS is not a real injury concern.

In theory, Cooper would most likely be replacing Parker..... so why wouldn't we or I compare the 2?

Trade Parker for what exactly? I don't really see teams ringing our phone off the hook to see if he is available.

Parker has been a major disappointment as a Dolphin. He does some nice things, but nowhere near consistently enough for him to be considered anything more than mediocre. The only reason he is still on the team is because his contract is pretty team friendly, but he could still end up being a post June 1 cut.

TFK
The reason I said trade him was because they were shopping him at the Senior Bowl. I'm fine with keeping him too, but having Cooper may make them feel they can take a little less for Parker.

This is a no brainer for me. One of the best route runners and pure receivers in NFL still. I really want Godwin, but this now gives us a few WR targets this off-season that I would be happy with me.
It's those "no brainer's" that can get clubs in trouble.

It would be wise for our front office to do some "due diligence" to find out why his team is letting him go.

Assume nothing.

2021 Stats​

GTGTRECYDSYPCTD
15 104 68 865 12.7 8

Cowboys cost, 20 mil. Guaranteed if on roster Mar 20th....
They save 16 mil if gone (I think )
That pretty much tells it all.

He has "priced" himself off the team based on his performance. While his performance isn't half bad, it's not 20 million dollars good.

There are probably going to be a lot of teams interested, but I don't see any of them "breaking the bank" for him. Since he might be considered a "hometown" boy, that could give the Dolphins some leverage in getting him.

No. He doesn't get enough separation. Get Beasley.

Why not both?

I'd be entirely willing to go for both depending on asking price. I love Parker but if we picked up Cooper/Beasley we could recoup a draft pick from the Cooper trade by moving him

If Cooper is willing to take a decent hometown discount, then I’m all for it. Guy can still play and is young.

It's those "no brainer's" that can get clubs in trouble.

It would be wise for our front office to do some "due diligence" to find out why his team is letting him go.

Assume nothing.
They have $20m reasons to let him go...LOL

Dallas is already over the Cap by $21m. This isn't a performance move, but strictly a CAP casualty.

Do you think Miami could make a play for Amari Cooper? He is only 27 and from Miami but seems to be on a slight decline in his career. He could be a nice #2 for a year or so while drafting a WR early. Waddle, Cooper, Metchie (for ex.), Parker, Bowden, Hollins could be a solid receiving corps.

Pencil me in for f@ck yes.

Hopefully Cooper has interest in signing with Miami. He's a solid route runner and can still make some plays. Now only if New York releases Barkley.
Not sure on Barkley. But if he can clear medical and understands how his health has hurt his potential deal, I'd contemplate it. But he'd need a one year prove it deal with a low base and lots of incentives.

Not sure on Barkley. But if he can clear medical and understands how his health has hurt his potential deal, I'd contemplate it. But he'd need a one year prove it deal with a low base and lots of incentives.

Well, he would have a 7.2million salary this year. Which would be his prove it year or deal.

The question is what would we give up. Consensus from what I've read is a 4th.

I would be willing to trade a 3rd and see what happens. He has elite potential.

Cutting Davis and Little almost offsets his cap hit.

So a 3rd, cut 2 useless lineman for a potential elite RB?

ABSOLUTELY LOL.

No RB on this draft, imo, has better potential than a healthy Barkley.

He would immediately garner respect from defenses and coordinators when on the field.

One less defender in the box already helps Tua, the line and offense.

If we can get him for a 3rd. This trade should have already been made.

Heck, offer Parker and a late round pick. Maybe a straight up trade would work.

Back
Top Bottom