ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ?????? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ??????

The Fins will not win the AFC east until Brady retires.

If Tannehill has a QB rating between 95-100 Miami will win the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom brady is getting old. You can fight everything but father time. He is getting worse as he ages. The fins can take the division.

Tom brady is getting old. You can fight everything but father time. He is getting worse as he ages. The fins can take the division.

agreed. YOu just gotta believe. We were close , this time we get it

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

that being said, I'd be happy with a wild card berth lol

Miami still doesn't win the division until Brady is gone. I don't think anyone else in the division will either until then.

This is an exciting time for the Dolphins. More so than any other year in a LONG damn time. The team's management is showing a true desire and drive to build a winner, they've made some strong moves toward that end, and so far (with the exception of the injuries), the moves have made sense. There are a ton of myths in this thread that should be debunked, particularly if they're started by "fans" of the Dolphins (vice critics):

Myth 1: The Dolphins can't beat the Patriots with Brady at the helm.

Truth 1: The Dolphins beat them handily AT New England last year, before the refs took over. I hate "the refs" excuse personally, but that was as sickening an example as I've ever seen. And, the Dolphins beat the Patriots at home. The fan would say "hell ya we can beat the Patriots"...the critic would say "no way we can beat them with Brady playing...they gotta show me." Which version is closer to reality? I can understand that several have lost a good bit of faith in the Dolphins, but in my 40+ years of fan-dom, I haven't. I whole-heartedly call myself a Dolphins fan.

Myth 2: I don't see how Brady carried them to 12 wins last year with no receivers.

Truth 2: Bellicheat, the wizard, the all-timer, the genius, picked that line-up...if they'd truly sucked, New England wouldn't have dominated. Unless you believe the Cheat is trying to take a dive, this theory doesn't wash. Brady didn't carry ANYTHING last year, except Giselle's stank panties to the laundry.

Myth 3: Tannehill can't play with Brady.

Truth 3: Their stats for last year were very close overall...Brady with a slight edge. Don't believe me? Look 'em up...I did. If Brady "carried" their team's successes last year (lol), then Tannehill is capable of the very same. Personally, I'd put our WRs ahead of New England's this year, and with the right scheme/play calling, they should enjoy a good bit of space in which to operate...we should dominate.

Myth 4: Same old Dolphins, Same old O-Line.

Truth 4: We have a vaunted new O-Line coach, considered by many to be amongst the tops in the league. I don't think we need to worry about him playing a role in BullyGate2, or otherwise letting his unit self-destruct. Don't look now, but exactly ZERO of the starters for the O-Line are the same as last year, unless Pounce makes a ridiculously fast recovery. New coach, new line, I'm not ready to write-in 58 sacks again.: Two

Myth 5: The Patriots are the only team that can win the AFC East.

Truth 5: Two other teams have won the division since the Cheat / Marcia combo began. Granted, during one of those, Marcia was out for the season, and her back-up pretty much showed how non-crucial Marcia was to the team. While Brady's been a steady cog in the Patriots' system over the past several years, it's the system/coaching/discipline/execution that has carried the day for them. That execution and system will take a hit this year...Brady's declining, and I expect to see Tannehill out-perform him THIS YEAR. IMHO, the Bills are a much tougher drawn than the Patsies this year, and the Jets will be no cake-walk either...but it's division football...it doesn't have to make sense.

Myth 6: We have a tough schedule this year.

Truth 6: No, we don't...at least, no tougher than any other team's schedule this year. We have a 3rd place schedule, playing in a mediocre division, and slated to play the 3rd best NFC division, the best AFC division, and a few other 3rd place teams. How is this such a tough schedule (unless we play Houston, which we don't, but they'd beat us - almost guaranteed)? For a team that just last year, beat every AFC playoff team they faced, schedule is not a factor.

I know I know...I'm going to be labeled a Homer, and I couldn't care less. I'm an optimistic, faithful fan. I choose to accentuate the positives, not dwell on the negatives. I fully realize both, but doom and gloom doesn't live here.

The Dolphins will surprise this year, and I'll be loving it.

This is an exciting time for the Dolphins. More so than any other year in a LONG damn time. The team's management is showing a true desire and drive to build a winner, they've made some strong moves toward that end, and so far (with the exception of the injuries), the moves have made sense. There are a ton of myths in this thread that should be debunked, particularly if they're started by "fans" of the Dolphins (vice critics):

Truth 1: The Dolphins beat them handily AT New England last year, before the refs took over. I hate "the refs" excuse personally, but that was as sickening an example as I've ever seen. And, the Dolphins beat the Patriots at home. The fan would say "hell ya we can beat the Patriots"...the critic would say "no way we can beat them with Brady playing...they gotta show me." Which version is closer to reality? I can understand that several have lost a good bit of faith in the Dolphins, but in my 40+ years of fan-dom, I haven't. I whole-heartedly call myself a Dolphins fan.

Myth 2: I don't see how Brady carried them to 12 wins last year with no receivers.

Truth 2: Bellicheat, the wizard, the all-timer, the genius, picked that line-up...if they'd truly sucked, New England wouldn't have dominated. Unless you believe the Cheat is trying to take a dive, this theory doesn't wash. Brady didn't carry ANYTHING last year, except Giselle's stank panties to the laundry.

Truth 3: Their stats for last year were very close overall...Brady with a slight edge. Don't believe me? Look 'em up...I did. If Brady "carried" their team's successes last year (lol), then Tannehill is capable of the very same. Personally, I'd put our WRs ahead of New England's this year, and with the right scheme/play calling, they should enjoy a good bit of space in which to operate...we should dominate.

Truth 4: We have a vaunted new O-Line coach, considered by many to be amongst the tops in the league. I don't think we need to worry about him playing a role in BullyGate2, or otherwise letting his unit self-destruct. Don't look now, but exactly ZERO of the starters for the O-Line are the same as last year, unless Pounce makes a ridiculously fast recovery. New coach, new line, I'm not ready to write-in 58 sacks again.: Two

Truth 5: Two other teams have won the division since the Cheat / Marcia combo began. Granted, during one of those, Marcia was out for the season, and her back-up pretty much showed how non-crucial Marcia was to the team. While Brady's been a steady cog in the Patriots' system over the past several years, it's the system/coaching/discipline/execution that has carried the day for them. That execution and system will take a hit this year...Brady's declining, and I expect to see Tannehill out-perform him THIS YEAR. IMHO, the Bills are a much tougher drawn than the Patsies this year, and the Jets will be no cake-walk either...but it's division football...it doesn't have to make sense.

Truth 6: No, we don't...at least, no tougher than any other team's schedule this year. We have a 3rd place schedule, playing in a mediocre division, and slated to play the 3rd best NFC division, the best AFC division, and a few other 3rd place teams. How is this such a tough schedule (unless we play Houston, which we don't, but they'd beat us - almost guaranteed)? For a team that just last year, beat every AFC playoff team they faced, schedule is not a factor.

I know I know...I'm going to be labeled a Homer, and I couldn't care less. I'm an optimistic, faithful fan. I choose to accentuate the positives, not dwell on the negatives. I fully realize both, but doom and gloom doesn't live here.

If you were really this confident you wouldn't post a wall of text trying to justify it. Bottom line is the Patriots will win the division walking away this year and the Fins can fight it out for 2nd place with the Bills.

he's getting old, he had some of the worst talent around him to throw the ball to(that was healthy) and he still led them to the AFC title game. a slowing down version of Brady is still a top 5 QB.

just stop w/ the ref stuff, Miami had their chances and they blew it against NE. of course they can beat them for 1 game, they can't beat them over the course of a season. Brady has been NE's starter since 2001 and it has NEVER happened.

NE's roster was awful last year, any other QB and they are nowhere near the AFC title game.

Please don't ever compare Tannehill to Brady in any way ever again. Stats tell a part of the story not the whole story. Brady was better than his #s last year, Ryan was worse than his #s.

Your OL was pretty good the 2nd half of the year, that is another excuse. Your OL should be better this year.

Only 1 team has won an AFC East Title when Brady has been healthy and that team('02 Jets) won it on a 3 way tiebreaker tied w/ the pats and phins. Until I see a team beat out NE I will pick NE.

The toughness of the sched is TBD. going into last year everyone thought Atlanta would be tough and they stunk. Teams get good and bad quickly.

It is ok to be optimistic but we also have to be realistic too.

just stop w/ the ref stuff, Miami had their chances and they blew it against NE. of course they can beat them for 1 game, they can't beat them over the course of a season. Brady has been NE's starter since 2001 and it has NEVER happened.

NE's roster was awful last year, any other QB and they are nowhere near the AFC title game.

Please don't ever compare Tannehill to Brady in any way ever again. Stats tell a part of the story not the whole story. Brady was better than his #s last year, Ryan was worse than his #s.

Your OL was pretty good the 2nd half of the year, that is another excuse. Your OL should be better this year.

Only 1 team has won an AFC East Title when Brady has been healthy and that team('02 Jets) won it on a 3 way tiebreaker tied w/ the pats and phins. Until I see a team beat out NE I will pick NE.

The toughness of the sched is TBD. going into last year everyone thought Atlanta would be tough and they stunk. Teams get good and bad quickly.

It is ok to be optimistic but we also have to be realistic too.

Well...don't assume to include me in your "we." Save it for your fellow greenies. As for the rest of it...whatever dude...you're wrong on some points against factual information, so I'll take it for what it is.

:ponder: no he's not. Well actually you would be right if you use 5,000 yards, 30tds and 10's as your benchmark.

Oh we can, opportunity has been there but they didn't take it for whatever reason. Let's that they get that monkey off their back and win because it's been within their grasp and they failed mightily. Pats are heading down, Jets are the Jets, and we have to be better plain and simple...opportunity is there.
Well said. The opportunity is always there and nobody in this division is unbeatable. The difference between great teams and mediocre or bad teams is a few plays a game. Teams that buy in, prepare, work that extra bit and lay it all on the line every play of every week make those plays more often. Teams that collect a nice salary and enjoy the Miami lifestyle fail as we have seen for a decade and a half now. When will somebody stand up and demand this level of sacrifice from his teammates?

Well...don't assume to include me in your "we." Save it for your fellow greenies. As for the rest of it...whatever dude...you're wrong on some points against factual information, so I'll take it for what it is.

what am I wrong on? you were just being a homer, I had to discuss reality with you.

Back
Top Bottom