ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ?????? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ??????

Brady's replacement wasn't exactly garbage, and still won 11 games. So it wasn't a gimmie.

they won 11 games b/c they sched was so incredibly weak. they went from 16 wins to 11, that's a major drop off. If Brady is starting the easily win the division.

they won 11 games b/c they sched was so incredibly weak. they went from 16 wins to 11, that's a major drop off. If Brady is starting the easily win the division.

what about the following year when brady lead them to 10 wins? there is no guarantee that brady would have won more games. hell, at that point, cassell was doing things brady never did, like have back to back 400yd games.

I think as long as the Patriots have Brady, the Pats will likely be favored. Brady hasn't fallen off much over the years, but their receiving corp and running game has fallen off, and they can't stop the run. We can challenge and beat the Patriots, but we have to win more consistently. When you lose twice to the Buffalo Bills, it is hard winning the division.

what about the following year when brady lead them to 10 wins? there is no guarantee that brady would have won more games. hell, at that point, cassell was doing things brady never did, like have back to back 400yd games.

10 wins in '09 was more impressive than 11 in '08. Brady was coming off a year off, he was good but he wasn't quite himself yet and they made the playoffs which they didn't do in 2008.

who cares about back to back 400 yd games? this game is about winning.

2007 vs. playoff bound teams:
6-0
+116 pt differential

2008 vs. playoff bound teams:
2-4
-11 pt differential(thanks to Ari not showing up on a Sunday night and losing by 40 or it would have been much worse)

10 wins in '09 was more impressive than 11 in '08. Brady was coming off a year off, he was good but he wasn't quite himself yet and they made the playoffs which they didn't do in 2008.

who cares about back to back 400 yd games? this game is about winning.

2007 vs. playoff bound teams:
6-0
+116 pt differential

2008 vs. playoff bound teams:
2-4
-11 pt differential(thanks to Ari not showing up on a Sunday night and losing by 40 or it would have been much worse)

lmao, how in the world was their 2009 season more impressive than their 2008 season, when they went 1-2 against playoff teams?! Sure, they made the playoffs in 2009, and missed in 2008 because of tie breakers, but it was far from more impressive.

Yea. Because the division has been mediocre outside of NE for years now. The best looking turd on the pile. None of us have been real, consistent competition for them. That's not cause they're so great. Its cause the rest of us, especially Miami has failed in drafting, failed mostly in free agency and we've let QB who can dual with Brady (Brees n Rodgers) slide by us. That's not a monument to their greatness. Its a monument to our buffoonery.

Please, your argument is so lame and weak. Oh sure, the Pats are just the best of a bunch of turds, forget the fact that they've been to back to back AFC Championship games the last two years, forget the fact that they've been in the playoff's ten straight years, forget the fact that they've been to 5 super bowls in a decade, forget the fact that no team in the last 15 years has won more games than the Patriots, and sure they just aren't that good.:chuckle: You are pure comedy my friend.

lmao, how in the world was their 2009 season more impressive than their 2008 season, when they went 1-2 against playoff teams?! Sure, they made the playoffs in 2009, and missed in 2008 because of tie breakers, but it was far from more impressive.

they beat nothing but bad teams in 2008. they were better in 2009 simply b/c of Brady.

Miami's 2008 division title was flawed b/c of Brady getting hurt. It's no coincidence NE has won the division every season where Brady has played. I don't understand the argument.

Miami's 2008 division title was flawed b/c of Brady getting hurt. It's no coincidence NE has won the division every season where Brady has played. I don't understand the argument.

I think that's BS, because the pats don't play the fins, or anyone else in the division the other 14 games. So any other season miami didn't win the division is because they couldn't get past 8-8, other than that year. Miami didn't get 11-5 in 2008 because brady wasn't playing. they split that year. they've split with the pats 7 times since 2001, with brady lead patriots.

and there's no way to tell 100%, that brady would have led the pats to more than 11 games, because in 2009, brady leat the pats to 10 wins, with lesser opponents. played against 6 playoffs teams in 2008 and only 3 in 2009.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

if you want to pretend NE was better w/ Matt Cassell go ahead.

not once did i ever say that cassell was better. i'm saying there is no way to know brady would have produced more wins. from the look of it, cassell didn't skip a beat. if you actually watched the pats, instead of going by lopsided stats.

it will be a fun year. I predict 10-6 which might be good enough for the divsion. wildcard at least. Tannehill is going to explode

Please, your argument is so lame and weak. Oh sure, the Pats are just the best of a bunch of turds, forget the fact that they've been to back to back AFC Championship games the last two years, forget the fact that they've been in the playoff's ten straight years, forget the fact that they've been to 5 super bowls in a decade, forget the fact that no team in the last 15 years has won more games than the Patriots, and sure they just aren't that good.:chuckle: You are pure comedy my friend.
Ok here's some more. 2 outta 3 SB were won by their old kicker, not Brady. If Lee Evans doesn't drop the shot right in his chest from Flacco, they arent even in their last SB. Blind ass lucking into an all time great QB in the 6th round doesn't make them great. It makes them lucky. And since they lost their pretty much Parcells built defense, they've almost solely rode Brady. But you keep your nose burried in their pubes. Im not gonna just sit here and act like the division is theirs and there's nothing we can do about it. Yes they deserve the benefit of expectation. But to sit here and act like we might as well take a nap till Brady retires is bull**** and defeatist nonsense. We can beat them. Doesn't mean we will. We have many variables that must turn out positive, in order for us to beat them. Im at the point of "prove it". But im certainly not in the "might as well wait till Brady retires crowd either.

lets not forget they haven't won a SB post spygate ;)

Ok here's some more. 2 outta 3 SB were won by their old kicker, not Brady. If Lee Evans doesn't drop the shot right in his chest from Flacco, they arent even in their last SB. Blind ass lucking into an all time great QB in the 6th round doesn't make them great. It makes them lucky. And since they lost their pretty much Parcells built defense, they've almost solely rode Brady. But you keep your nose burried in their pubes. Im not gonna just sit here and act like the division is theirs and there's nothing we can do about it. Yes they deserve the benefit of expectation. But to sit here and act like we might as well take a nap till Brady retires is bull**** and defeatist nonsense. We can beat them. Doesn't mean we will. We have many variables that must turn out positive, in order for us to beat them. Im at the point of "prove it". But im certainly not in the "might as well wait till Brady retires crowd either.

actually, I think their kicker made all 3 winning FG's, for all 3 super bowls.

Back
Top Bottom