ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ?????? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ??????

No. Vinatieri kicked winners against the Rams for their first. Carolina for their second. I believe they beat the Eagles by more than a fg.

you are right, it was 24-14 in the 4th, and then the eagles scored one final time, to make the final 24-21.

I think that's BS, because the pats don't play the fins, or anyone else in the division the other 14 games. So any other season miami didn't win the division is because they couldn't get past 8-8, other than that year. Miami didn't get 11-5 in 2008 because brady wasn't playing. they split that year. they've split with the pats 7 times since 2001, with brady lead patriots.

and there's no way to tell 100%, that brady would have led the pats to more than 11 games, because in 2009, brady leat the pats to 10 wins, with lesser opponents. played against 6 playoffs teams in 2008 and only 3 in 2009.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

not once did i ever say that cassell was better. i'm saying there is no way to know brady would have produced more wins. from the look of it, cassell didn't skip a beat. if you actually watched the pats, instead of going by lopsided stats.

there is absolutely no doubt they win at least 1 more game in 2008.

if they didn't skip a beat w/ cassell they wouldn't have lost 5 more games in 2008.

it will be a fun year. I predict 10-6 which might be good enough for the divsion. wildcard at least. Tannehill is going to explode

This makes me feel good.:lol:

Ok here's some more. 2 outta 3 SB were won by their old kicker, not Brady. If Lee Evans doesn't drop the shot right in his chest from Flacco, they arent even in their last SB. Blind ass lucking into an all time great QB in the 6th round doesn't make them great. It makes them lucky. And since they lost their pretty much Parcells built defense, they've almost solely rode Brady. But you keep your nose burried in their pubes. Im not gonna just sit here and act like the division is theirs and there's nothing we can do about it. Yes they deserve the benefit of expectation. But to sit here and act like we might as well take a nap till Brady retires is bull**** and defeatist nonsense. We can beat them. Doesn't mean we will. We have many variables that must turn out positive, in order for us to beat them. Im at the point of "prove it". But im certainly not in the "might as well wait till Brady retires crowd either.
I love this argument, Peyton had that kicker just as long- why didn't he win 3 SBs? the QB put the K in position to win those SBs after the D blew late leads.

I think the division is between New England and Miami....The Jets andf Bills don't have the Quarterbacking IMO...it will be competitive as it always is......I actually like Buffalo better than the Jets who I see as bringing up the rear.

I think the division is between New England and Miami....The Jets andf Bills don't have the Quarterbacking IMO...it will be competitive as it always is......I actually like Buffalo better than the Jets who I see as bringing up the rear.

and you guys have the quarterbacking? you are hoping Ryan gets better just as we are w/ our QB. I would call Ryan the 2nd best QB in the division now but there's not a wide gap btw 2 and 4.

keep in mind the Jets probably have the best D in the division which will help and we can run the ball to take pressure off the QB.

there is absolutely no doubt they win at least 1 more game in 2008.

if they didn't skip a beat w/ cassell they wouldn't have lost 5 more games in 2008.
So brady would have had to go 16-0 again, to not skip a beat? oh, maybe according to you, winning 12 games is not skipping a beat, instead of 11? How many games is it? by your logic, brady should have went 16-0 in every season he played since 2007. No, it doesn't work that way. And you said brady wasn't the same in 2009 because of his injury, is that why he won Offensive player of the week, in week one? He looked 100% to me. He also threw 5 TD's in one qtr, againts the titans. Looked like 100% there. Threw for almost 4400yds too. Oh, and won comeback player of the year. The guy came back and played 100% all year. And he still only won 10 games, playing only THREE playoff teams that year.

Junc, i know you know enough about football, to know that Manning might be the best regular season QB perhaps ever. But in the late playoffs or the show he's anything but clutch. Infact if it weren't for him accomplishing the staggering feat of out dueling Rex Grossman, he probably would still be ringless like Marino. Brady is a way better big gane QB and its not close. Vinatieri cant kick touchdowns.

With the way the Pats started last season they should have been 0-3 or 1-2. Granted, there hasn't been as much player turnover for them this offseason, but they are still young at some key positions and they're looking a little thin at TE behind the Gronk. If we're clicking on offense in week 1 I think we can take tem down.

So brady would have had to go 16-0 again, to not skip a beat? oh, maybe according to you, winning 12 games is not skipping a beat, instead of 11? How many games is it? by your logic, brady should have went 16-0 in every season he played since 2007. No, it doesn't work that way. And you said brady wasn't the same in 2009 because of his injury, is that why he won Offensive player of the week, in week one? He looked 100% to me. He also threw 5 TD's in one qtr, againts the titans. Looked like 100% there. Threw for almost 4400yds too. Oh, and won comeback player of the year. The guy came back and played 100% all year. And he still only won 10 games, playing only THREE playoff teams that year.

no but 11 wins and not making the playoffs doesn't cut it. if Brady is healthy they likely win 13-14 games.

Brady was good in 2009, I am not saying he sucked. He was better than Cassell but he wasn't 2007 Brady.

You guys always like to point out teams resting starters, NE rested starters in week 17 or they would have won 11 against a tougher sched than 2008. In 2008 we all had incredibly easy scheds, Miami took advantage, NE almost did and we could not.

Junc, i know you know enough about football, to know that Manning might be the best regular season QB perhaps ever. But in the late playoffs or the show he's anything but clutch. Infact if it weren't for him accomplishing the staggering feat of out dueling Rex Grossman, he probably would still be ringless like Marino. Brady is a way better big gane QB and its not close. Vinatieri cant kick touchdowns.

it's my favorite argument- Brady vs. Manning. I don't think they are close, I think it is Brady by a mile.

Ok here's some more. 2 outta 3 SB were won by their old kicker, not Brady. If Lee Evans doesn't drop the shot right in his chest from Flacco, they arent even in their last SB. Blind ass lucking into an all time great QB in the 6th round doesn't make them great. It makes them lucky. And since they lost their pretty much Parcells built defense, they've almost solely rode Brady. But you keep your nose burried in their pubes. Im not gonna just sit here and act like the division is theirs and there's nothing we can do about it. Yes they deserve the benefit of expectation. But to sit here and act like we might as well take a nap till Brady retires is bull**** and defeatist nonsense. We can beat them. Doesn't mean we will. We have many variables that must turn out positive, in order for us to beat them. Im at the point of "prove it". But im certainly not in the "might as well wait till Brady retires crowd either.

This has nothing to do with being afraid of the Patriots or not believing your team can stand up to them, it's about you not having a clue what your talking about. First off if you cared about facts you wouldn't post nonsense like a blind homer. Here are some facts for you, FACT Parcells was gone from the Patriots for four years before B.B. took over. FACT in 01 only 5 defensive starters remained from the Parcells drafts. FACT in 03 it was only 4, FACT in 04 it was only 3 that remained. Your arguments really are pathetic and basically the soundings of a crybaby, "Well the Patriots didn't win, their kicker did" WAAAA "The Patriots aren't really good, they just lucked into a Franchise QB" WAAAA" "If this and if that" WAAAA. The bottom line is no franchise in the last 15 years has won more games and competed at higher level than the Patriots, so no matter how you want to make believe they aren't that good, it's you my friend that has his head buried some place not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with the folks who say that we cant beat the Pats as long as Brady is playing. He's only human. He is a great QB, but he's not infallible. Proof is he's been beaten by this division and outside of our division. Its not like he cant be beat. Problem is, we haven't been good enough most of the time. If our QB is legit as well as other variables turn up solid, we have a very good chance at beating them out. But those are big IF's. If our QB ****s himself and/or the other question marks come up as failures, then it'll be another season of disappointment. It aint up to Brady, its up to the Dolphins whether they want to succeed or not, injury bug dependent.

He can be beaten individually but as a whole no one in this division has shown they can finish above NE.

What, no response to "FACTS" studsatele? Let me guess you just want toss out nonsense and hope everyone on the board will take it as fact?

Back
Top Bottom