ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ?????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ??????

I know. I am talking about the division also. The AFCE isnt the Pats by right. Its been there's for so long because the other 3 teams haven't been good enough. That's not cause the Pats wont let us get better. Its been because of our own failures in many football related aspects. They are and have been beatable, we just have failed in putting together a team good enough to doit fairly consistently.

Beatable and yet win 10+ year in and year out. You can discount what NE is, but your theory is based in homerism.

Beatable and yet win 10+ year in and year out. You can discount what NE is, but your theory is based in homerism.
How can my theory be based in homerism? When im saying that it is our own fault for not building a team good enough to consistently beat them?

How can my theory be based in homerism? When im saying that it is our own fault for not building a team good enough to consistently beat them?

You act as if NE has been static over the past decade. Every team in the East is playing catch up to NE. And will continue to do so until Mr.Bundchen (sp) retires.

You act like it's just Brady you have to beat, sure QB's are important but Brady isn't going to be carrying this years team the way he had to last year. In fact it's going to be really difficult for anyone to move the ball through the air on the Patriots secondary this year.

The Pats have had the benefit of playing in a mediocre division for a while now. They've had next to no competition for years. Put them in the NFCW and at best they're second fiddle and that's only cause Kaepernick is glorified RG3. I believe that we have a decent shot at the division with some luck that the bug dont hurt us too badly and our question marks get answered positively.

Same thread as the past 10 years...Homers gonna homer. :lol:

Last year... Jets beat us. Bills swept us.

The Pats have had the benefit of playing in a mediocre division for a while now. They've had next to no competition for years. Put them in the NFCW and at best they're second fiddle and that's only cause Kaepernick is glorified RG3. I believe that we have a decent shot at the division with some luck that the bug dont hurt us too badly and our question marks get answered positively.

part of the reason the division struggles is b/c NE beats all of us every year.

part of the reason the division struggles is b/c NE beats all of us every year.
Yea. Because the division has been mediocre outside of NE for years now. The best looking turd on the pile. None of us have been real, consistent competition for them. That's not cause they're so great. Its cause the rest of us, especially Miami has failed in drafting, failed mostly in free agency and we've let QB who can dual with Brady (Brees n Rodgers) slide by us. That's not a monument to their greatness. Its a monument to our buffoonery.

Q: Can Miami win the AFC East?

A: YES.

Will Miami win the AFC East? Maybe?

I absolutely believe that we have all the pieces to have a shot. But there are so many variables to account for that my stomach twitches when I think about it.

I can say with certainty that the way to win football games is to score MORE points than the other guy. And I believe the Dolphin Offense is capable of scoring a LOT of points this year. We really need to watch some pre-season to get a feel for the new offense.

-We need to stay HEALTHY

-We need some semblance of a rushing attack (even if our ground game is an effective use of screen passes)

-And we need to play enough Defense to keep within 10 points of the opponent going in to the 4th quarter.

The schedule is tough this year. The key is Tanny and there is no margin for error. We have to be able to score 3-4 TDs per game and sustain drives to keep the D rested.

Of course this applies to EVERY OTHER NFL team as well.....

Tanny has the keys, he needs to drive it like he stole it.

Yea. Because the division has been mediocre outside of NE for years now. The best looking turd on the pile. None of us have been real, consistent competition for them. That's not cause they're so great. Its cause the rest of us, especially Miami has failed in drafting, failed mostly in free agency and we've let QB who can dual with Brady (Brees n Rodgers) slide by us. That's not a monument to their greatness. Its a monument to our buffoonery.
I wouldn't put my team in w/ the bottom 2 though as the Jets have made the playoffs 6 times in the Pats dynasty era including winning the only other div title in a year Brady was healthy. we haven't been great but we have been good. Those 6 playoff apps in that timeframe are 4 more than Mia & Buf combined and Mia and Buf don't have a single playoff win in the Pats dynasty era(2001-current).

I wouldn't put my team in w/ the bottom 2 though as the Jets have made the playoffs 6 times in the Pats dynasty era including winning the only other div title in a year Brady was healthy. we haven't been great but we have been good. Those 6 playoff apps in that timeframe are 4 more than Mia & Buf combined and Mia and Buf don't have a single playoff win in the Pats dynasty era(2001-current).
Hence why i said "especially Miami"

Same thread as the past 10 years...Homers gonna homer. :lol:

Last year... Jets beat us. Bills swept us.

In 2008, those "homers" were right. You were wrong. ;)

I don't think we will win the division, though I think we CAN at least be in the discussion to win it. The gap is not as big as it used to be, so while it might not happen, it also could happen. I am hopeful, but I think a wildcard is much more realistic.

In 2008, those "homers" were right. You were wrong. ;)

I don't think we will win the division, though I think we CAN at least be in the discussion to win it. The gap is not as big as it used to be, so while it might not happen, it also could happen. I am hopeful, but I think a wildcard is much more realistic.

if Brady doesn't go down they wouldn't have been. If you tell me Brady is going to miss the season I would tell you Miami has an excellent shot to win the division.

if Brady doesn't go down they wouldn't have been. If you tell me Brady is going to miss the season I would tell you Miami has an excellent shot to win the division.

Brady's replacement wasn't exactly garbage, and still won 11 games. So it wasn't a gimmie.

The Patriots are a very well run organization, their team has not been the most talented team each year , but they still continue to win, and other then the Dolphins, have pretty much taken over the AFC East...there is a reason for that, but they are declining, and someone will dethrone them soon unless something happens to reenergize them with quality youth especially at QB.

Back
Top Bottom