ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ?????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ??????

offensive schemes gonna have to be good against the pats cause our guys are gonna have problems getting off physical coverage on the outside with revis and browner...heavy motion and movement is a must to get them off coverage...run stacks line up the slot off the los etc to try and get free releases...pats in press man against our for the most part finesse wr core will be a force...would't surprise me if the pats tried to cover clay with that lb collins i think his name is...rediculous athlete there

pats should be able to spread us out on d and run the ball down our throats so when we do get them in passing downs and distances pass rush must get home...gonna be hard though with those 2 starting tackles the pats have which are both high end players...

mccourty will be more free to roam and attack this year than prior cause they will trust those corners to win on the outside one on one more and they will take their chances in the slot where we must make hay whoever lines up there for us...pats 2 deep at corner as in top 4 is really solid now

i'd expect a big year for mccourty with how much he will be allowed to free lance and jump things...

I don't hate the pats, I hate the jests.

I respect what the pats coach and QB have accomplished, but that said...

Brady is clearly not the same QB he was before. The last two seasons he has played great like usual but he missed key throws in the playoffs both seasons.

Throws he used to always make.

I think the AFC East can be won by any of the teams except for the jests. The Bills are much better, we have to prove that we can beat them.

The pats still are the favorite that's painfully obvious. The jests will implode again is my bet. Rex just has it in him that way.

Bringing in Vick was like a guarantee for an implosion. He will divide the locker room if he doesn't win the starting job, or if he wins it and gets injured.

It is a train wreck waiting to happen. I love it :brewskis:

I don't hate the pats, I hate the jests.

I respect what the pats coach and QB have accomplished, but that said...

Brady is clearly not the same QB he was before. The last two seasons he has played great like usual but he missed key throws in the playoffs both seasons.

Throws he used to always make.

I think the AFC East can be won by any of the teams except for the jests. The Bills are much better, we have to prove that we can beat them.

The pats still are the favorite that's painfully obvious. The jests will implode again is my bet. Rex just has it in him that way.

Bringing in Vick was like a guarantee for an implosion. He will divide the locker room if he doesn't win the starting job, or if he wins it and gets injured.

It is a train wreck waiting to happen. I love it :brewskis:

implode again? you may want to check to see who imploded a year ago.

will Vick divide the LR like he did in Philly?

Brady is still great, how he took that mediocre team to a title game last year I don't know. Now they have much more talent, I think NE might be my favorite to win the AFC.

They will always have the advantage. Even if Philbin becomes a hall of fame coach and Tannehill becomes a hall of fame QB New England still has the advantage of a decade plus of experience and winning together. I agree its almost impossible for us to be better than them, the best we can hope for is almost as good.

Agreed. They just have "it". It's way too bad b/c I'd love to see Miami compete more.

implode again? you may want to check to see who imploded a year ago.

will Vick divide the LR like he did in Philly?

Brady is still great, how he took that mediocre team to a title game last year I don't know. Now they have much more talent, I think NE might be my favorite to win the AFC.
I don't mean he will cause any problems, he will divide the locker room just by being there. The other QB will have some supporters and most of the team will want Vick to start.

I don't mean he will cause any problems, he will divide the locker room just by being there. The other QB will have some supporters and most of the team will want Vick to start.

did he divide the Eagle locker room? he easily could have. everyone knows it's geno's team unless he falls on his face. There's no controversy as of now and if Geno struggles Vick will be able to step in and play.

I do have many questions about Geno but he has much more talent around him this year and some experience in the system. I expect he will be much better but we'll see.

If Miami can sweep the Bills and Jets (Easier said then done...especially the Bills), and Miami has a punchers chance. If it was not for that 1st EXTREMELY questionable game in NE, Miami might have actually done the incredible, and maybe swept the Pats, then again, if Miami had beaten the Pats, they probably would have come in even more focused to Miami and beat them there.

As it has been said again and again, until someone actually takes the AFC east throne from a Brady QBed, Belichick coached NE team, they have to be the favorites, but anything is possible.

did he divide the Eagle locker room? he easily could have. everyone knows it's geno's team unless he falls on his face. There's no controversy as of now and if Geno struggles Vick will be able to step in and play.

I do have many questions about Geno but he has much more talent around him this year and some experience in the system. I expect he will be much better but we'll see.

When they interviewed the eagles players last off season I was completely surprised by how they spoke about that QB competition.

I don't see any way that geno beats him out legitimately and there ALREADY is stuff that's been said by Vick and Geno about that competition and it hasn't even really started yet.

The ny media will do whatever it takes to get good quotes and ignite controversy.

Who is 'Everybody', all of the NFL the players I've heard or read from speak about Vick.

I disagree with the folks who say that we cant beat the Pats as long as Brady is playing. He's only human. He is a great QB, but he's not infallible. Proof is he's been beaten by this division and outside of our division. Its not like he cant be beat. Problem is, we haven't been good enough most of the time. If our QB is legit as well as other variables turn up solid, we have a very good chance at beating them out. But those are big IF's. If our QB ****s himself and/or the other question marks come up as failures, then it'll be another season of disappointment. It aint up to Brady, its up to the Dolphins whether they want to succeed or not, injury bug dependent.

I disagree with the folks who say that we cant beat the Pats as long as Brady is playing. He's only human. He is a great QB, but he's not infallible. Proof is he's been beaten by this division and outside of our division. Its not like he cant be beat. Problem is, we haven't been good enough most of the time. If our QB is legit as well as other variables turn up solid, we have a very good chance at beating them out. But those are big IF's. If our QB ****s himself and/or the other question marks come up as failures, then it'll be another season of disappointment. It aint up to Brady, its up to the Dolphins whether they want to succeed or not, injury bug dependent.

Pretty sure people mean miami can't beat brady, for the division. Not just straight up. Brady can be beat, but not more than 5 or 6 times a year, sometimes less.

When they interviewed the eagles players last off season I was completely surprised by how they spoke about that QB competition.

I don't see any way that geno beats him out legitimately and there ALREADY is stuff that's been said by Vick and Geno about that competition and it hasn't even really started yet.

The ny media will do whatever it takes to get good quotes and ignite controversy.

Who is 'Everybody', all of the NFL the players I've heard or read from speak about Vick.

supposedly Geno outplayed him in OTAs not that it means a heck of a lot but the team understands what is going on. Vick will have to badly outplay geno in camp to win the job. As long as we win I don't care but for the long term prospects I am rooting for Geno.

The NY media will always try to stir up controversy, it happened when we were good and it happened when w were bad. If either isn't mentally tough enough to handle it we are in trouble.

Everyone around the team.

He and NE can beat in a particular game but over 16 games? they are an incredible reg season team.

offensive schemes gonna have to be good against the pats cause our guys are gonna have problems getting off physical coverage on the outside with revis and browner...heavy motion and movement is a must to get them off coverage...run stacks line up the slot off the los etc to try and get free releases...pats in press man against our for the most part finesse wr core will be a force...would't surprise me if the pats tried to cover clay with that lb collins i think his name is...rediculous athlete there

pats should be able to spread us out on d and run the ball down our throats so when we do get them in passing downs and distances pass rush must get home...gonna be hard though with those 2 starting tackles the pats have which are both high end players...

mccourty will be more free to roam and attack this year than prior cause they will trust those corners to win on the outside one on one more and they will take their chances in the slot where we must make hay whoever lines up there for us...pats 2 deep at corner as in top 4 is really solid now

i'd expect a big year for mccourty with how much he will be allowed to free lance and jump things...
I agree with your assessment hoops. But if Landry learns the playbook quickly and Gibson is healthy, I think we should have a good slot match up most of the time.

Lazor's use of varied formations and motion will make us far harder to gameplan against and even against Belichik & co. we should get a few busted coverages each game.

Versatile TE's like Lynch and RB's like Moreno set up hurry up possibilities to lock in favorable personnel groupings. Scheme additions like more screens and pick plays will make things easier for Tannehill.

I don't think we are going to run on New England or win a lot outside, but I like how Lazor's offense matches up against them.

Defensively, We did about as well as we could last year given the bias of the refs in New England. I don't expect our defense to do as well against them this year. But, their receiving corps is still weak and either brittle or young, so Brady will not be clockwork, IMHO.

Sent from my phone, so please forgive any typos.

Pretty sure people mean miami can't beat brady, for the division. Not just straight up. Brady can be beat, but not more than 5 or 6 times a year, sometimes less.
I know. I am talking about the division also. The AFCE isnt the Pats by right. Its been there's for so long because the other 3 teams haven't been good enough. That's not cause the Pats wont let us get better. Its been because of our own failures in many football related aspects. They are and have been beatable, we just have failed in putting together a team good enough to doit fairly consistently.

Until proven otherwise, nope. BUF is a matchup nitemare. NYJ with half way decent qb play, will be a fight.

New England is sliding, the fall from dominance will be gradual. But this won't be the season of change in the East.

Back
Top Bottom