ESPN Cold Pizza: Fins Zeroing in on Ginn | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Cold Pizza: Fins Zeroing in on Ginn

These anti-Ginn haters are really just clueless. One dimensional? Slow? Injury Prone? Returner only? What?

Seriously, the dude is a game breaker with speed the likes of which hasnt been seen in ages. I mean, the guy ran a 4.38 in a freaking MONSOON on a what, 80% ankle? Do any of you watch the clips? He makes everyone else look like they are playing in slo-mo, its unreal!

I love the Reggie Bush comparison, just the way he can shift himself and make people miss, its fantastic, and something that cant be taught, and he can juke people out of their socks and break ankles while going at FULL SPEED! He never slows down. Insane.

And as for the ankle, its a nasty sprain. These take, above all, time to heal. Think about Travis Daniels, he was slowed up all year from an ankle sprain. Ginn willbe back at 100%. And he isnt injury prone, this was his only injury in years of college/HS ball. And its not a repeating type injury that would make him a Yatil Green.

Just alot of haters out here. Dont know why i bother repeating myself.

Ted Ginn is the best pick we can get in the 1st round, whether we trade down or get him at #9. Our offense hasn't had a game-breaker like him since...........................................................well, you get the point.

I'm in 4 Ginn . . . whether @ 9 or if we trade down . . . hopefully we can trade down and still get him . . . tho I hear Linehan is sniffing around.

These anti-Ginn haters are really just clueless. One dimensional? Slow? Injury Prone? Returner only? What?

Seriously, the dude is a game breaker with speed the likes of which hasnt been seen in ages. I mean, the guy ran a 4.38 in a freaking MONSOON on a what, 80% ankle? Do any of you watch the clips? He makes everyone else look like they are playing in slo-mo, its unreal!

I love the Reggie Bush comparison, just the way he can shift himself and make people miss, its fantastic, and something that cant be taught, and he can juke people out of their socks and break ankles while going at FULL SPEED! He never slows down. Insane.

And as for the ankle, its a nasty sprain. These take, above all, time to heal. Think about Travis Daniels, he was slowed up all year from an ankle sprain. Ginn willbe back at 100%. And he isnt injury prone, this was his only injury in years of college/HS ball. And its not a repeating type injury that would make him a Yatil Green.

I ask myself the very same question.

It just seems that some people have a down right hate for players that they have little or no information about. If Cam and Randy see it fit to choose Ginn jr or whoever, we need to wait before we give our amature analysis of if they are going to help our team or not. Its pretty hard having to go through a playoff drought like the one we are in but lets wait until a year or two, to see if we did the right thing, I think we can sleep better if we do that.

Some people have more info than others...but the end result is can Ginn play this season...if not why take him in the first place and thats the question no one knows, the answer to. I hear some people say well he's at 80% and still better than most....really? What if he never gets back to 100%? What if he can't cut like he use to...then what good is he? Lets remember Ginn wasn't a top receiver in this draft...and some people are falling in love with him just because of his returns...if he can't return like he use to...would you still love him? Is he a risk at 9? Well until he proves he can be the player he was...BEFORE the injury...he is a risk...and don't we have enough of them already? How many Culpepper's, Allens and Daniels...can the Dolphins select before they weigh the team down.

I hope we do pick Ginn. Quinn is a bust and a joke. If we get Ginn, I will be first inline to order my jersey!

and if we get quinn and he does well you will get a jersey too so theres no point

Some people have more info than others...but the end result is can Ginn play this season...if not why take him in the first place and thats the question no one knows, the answer to. I hear some people say well he's at 80% and still better than most....really? What if he never gets back to 100%? What if he can't cut like he use to...then what good is he? Lets remember Ginn wasn't a top receiver in this draft...and some people are falling in love with him just because of his returns...if he can't return like he use to...would you still love him? Is he a risk at 9? Well until he proves he can be the player he was...BEFORE the injury...he is a risk...and don't we have enough of them already? How many Culpepper's, Allens and Daniels...can the Dolphins select before they weigh the team down.

Pete its ok to have an opinion, the only thing I dislike about your comments are, you seem not to care for the opinions of others but thats ok, it all good, we are still fin family bud!!:wink:

You take your good post, and make it juvenile, low class, and mindless, when you start with the "player hater" rhetoric.

People can disagree, without being "haters". I for one don't think Ginn is a good first day pick. There are other WR's that will be available later that, while not as "fast" had double the production that Ginn had in college (like Higgins). This isn't track and field, it's football.

Your worried that he will never be the same after an ankle sprain?? Ankle sprains take a while to heal but once they do your pretty much thye same as before you injure it. Remember he still has months before even training camp starts to heal up,its not like he broke his leg

You take your good post, and make it juvenile, low class, and mindless, when you start with the "player hater" rhetoric.

People can disagree, without being "haters". I for one don't think Ginn is a good first day pick. There are other WR's that will be available later that, while not as "fast" had double the production that Ginn had in college (like Higgins). This isn't track and field, it's football.

I think you did not understand why he wrote that. We all can have opinions but there are others who feel that only their opinion count only.

Re-read my post. I dont think everyone that dislikes Ginn is a "hater", but there are seemingly a good bunch of people who are. People who claim hes got this mystery injury history, thats hes not that fast, that hes just a track star etc.

Ginn proved what he needed to prove on the field. Hes got world class speed, and knows how to use it. Its fine to dislike Ginn or like others more than him, but the amount of people who just spout off on him (and Quinn for that matter) without watching them play just gets to me.

I guess you never watched Brady Quinn, Yes if he is on our team I will root for him, but for people to think that he is all that, I dont believe the hype. Then they sit in here and say how Ted Ginn is going to be a bust and we shouldnt take him cause of this, or that, or he can move very well, or cant catch a ball in the middle and have never seen this guy play. The problem with Ginn is he went to Ohio State and alot of people in here are Buckeye haters. That is fine, I understand it is a Florida team and most likely you will root for a Florida school. Every big game I have watch Quinn, he has been a joke. Michigan twice, usc twice, ohio state once, and so forth. I just dont think he is worth the top 3 pick he wants. I would rather go after a second round or 3rd round pick. Brady Quinn reminds me of Vinny T. Which was a another huge bust.

Your worried that he will never be the same after an ankle sprain?? Ankle sprains take a while to heal but once they do your pretty much thye same as before you injure it. Remember he still has months before even training camp starts to heal up,its not like he broke his leg

Ankle sprains heal....but if he has ligament damage...it could take a very long time for him to heal. Again...no one here has access to his medical papers...so we have no idea what the truth is about his injury. Another point...with all his speed....he never came close to a 1000 yd season as a receiver. Check his stats against the top receivers and judge for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom