ESPN Power rankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pwn3dyo, Sep 14, 2004.

1. pwn3dyo

pwn3dyo FinHeaven VIP

2. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 A True Fan

yep... id say so

3. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

And the Jets are No 10...puhleeze!!!!!!!!

4. Dredd1050

Dredd1050 A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS

Meh.

A big win and a good showing by Feeley on Sunday night puts them right back into the teens. Screw that list.

5. stephin

stephin True Fan

It is not good when you have the bills, jets, and lions ahead of your team. This is for sure the lowest i have seen them on the rankings! The worst thing about it is that this team on paper should be a top 10!

6. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis Well-Known Member

These power rankings are a crock of s***. They go up and down based on last weeks results. Why not just look at the standings. All it does is start flame wars between the fans. I guess its just a way to get you to visit their site (ESPN).

7. BassFin

BassFin Starter

I'm just amazed at how everyone in the media belives that Jay and A.J are basically the same quarterback. What the heck are they watching?!?!?

I can't wait for A.J. to prove them all wrong!!!

8. pgsmelt

pgsmelt Well-Known Member

I love being the under dog and meeting people at our house who need to be taught some manners and respect!..........GO PHINS!!!!!!!!

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

all power rankings are crocks of s***

10. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 A True Fan

Before making that comment, I would wait till the fins actually do so...

11. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

What ever comments and views that our media have of our Dolphins doesn't matter... I really hope the players are taking to heart to this... If this is not motivational material... Then I don't know what is..We all know that this team is struggling but they are not the worst TEAM either... As I emhasize Team, it takes a team effort to become successful... I sincerely think the Dolphins will be successful and prove to the critics that they are WRONG!!! :yell: Remember power rankings does not get you in the playoffs nor does it win you championships...

12. BleedinGreenNC

BleedinGreenNC Boondock Saint

And this is coming from the rankings,A.J. or Jay? It really might not matter all that much, the Dolphins aren't going to be that good with either at QB.
    :roflmao: :lol:

13. phinfan2003

phinfan2003 Perennial All-Pro

You have to remember that the power rankings are all pretty much based on that weeks performance. If we win next week, we'll move up. I bet if we checked last year the Pats were near where we're at now after their 31-0 thumping. We were close to the top before but where did that ever get us?

14. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG ~LACUNA LEGIONS~

#26?!?!?! :shakeno:

These guys who are dismissing the Phinz over at ESPN will be eating crow very soon IMO. I'll bet only a handful of them even watched the game on Saturday. They all knew the Titans would win, and they did. The thing they didn't take into effect is that we now a have a real QB behind center....

Before Monday Night's game, I was watching ESPN, and they had a couple of questions they answered, and here they are....

Feeley or Feidler???....Will It Matter????...

They all said it wont matter, the Phinz aren't going to maike the playoffs with either one at QB. Neither will make them any better. That was their take....

Who Will Be The Next QB In The NFL To Lose His Staring Job???.....

One said Warner, one said Brees, and Jaws said AJ Feeley....

Here's a guy {JAWS}, who probably praised AJ Feeley while he was in Philly, and now that he's finally starting in Miami, he's conisdered a wasted addition....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

15. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 Desert Dolphin Finheaven VIP

Well I thought we would be in the bottom five. We just sneaked out of there. The only rankings that mean anything is the win/loss column in our division.

16. arsenal

arsenal Beastin'

how do they know we wont be good with either qb? what has feely done to show that he wont be successful? almost 200 yards in one half against their number 4 ranked team... yeah i guess that really showed he sucks :shakeno:

17. BleedinGreenNC

I will tell you this, if your team loses this week, then i do not want to hear about how the Pat's lost their first game last year and then look what they did. Your team on paper is actually not that good, you have a former starter that chokes in the clutch, a new starter that has a problem throwing interceptions, an unproven starting RB, and a questionable o-line. The only thing that i see as being positive for the Phin's is the defense, and that has taken a hit this year. So what paper are you reading?:shakeno:

18. fin-atic

fin-atic Are you a VIP? Finheaven VIP Donator

Well at least we would get a top ten draft pick!!

There is much to be seen. Will AJ be good? Will the line come together? If yes then you guys will be right. If not then this will be a fair ranking. I won't argue it until we prove we are better. It's hard to get mad a the media when we are not doing any better than what we are. To get some respect it will take beating a quality team, (sorry cinncy). What I would love is for us to go on a run that leads to a route of the Jets in a couple of weeks.

Time will tell.

19. fin-atic

Hey Troll, if you are going to talk smack at least get your facts right.
    Feeley's interception was not his fault. The RB broke off the route in the wrong direction. But I do not expect you guys to understand the game.

You guys are sensing that for the first time in three decades you may actually have a better team than we do. Well don't book your hotel in Jacksonville yet. there is a lot of ball to play. Besides it does not matter how good your team is, it is still from NY. That is like a diamond in a goats butt. And that stink is coming from the Jet fans.

J-E-T-S Suck! Suck! Suck!

20. bigmiamifan

bigmiamifan Perennial All-Pro

Because after a split preseason, a 3rd string back up is as good as a 4 year starter previous 2nd back up. Give AJ a few starts and he'll begin to separate. Then, byt the end of the season, AJ will be a 'Cinderella story', a 'surprise' to the media types.

21. BleedinGreenNC

First off, how many games has Feeley started? Oh yeah, 6. :roflmao: Now don't get too emotional, just stating the facts. Now what does this have to do with being from a certain area? That is typical, leave it to someone to get personal over a post on a website. Granted you guys have HAD great teams, and i commend you on having the only undefeated season in the history of the NFL, but, when was the last time you won the divison? got to the AFC championship? Ok, nuff said!:lol:

22. fin13

fin13 A True Fan

Did you guys watch the game last night? Did you see how the panthers had their butts handed to them, Delhomme looked like Jay couldn't get anything going,couldn't run the ball it was bad.
    This sure illustrates what the importance of the OL is.
    If our OL can elevate their play we could do some damage.
    What blows my mind is how the coach let things over the last four years get this bad.
    If the OL doesn't gell and play to its highest potential quickly you can kiss the season goodbye.

23. Krie30511

Krie30511 Seasoned Veteran

Well... i have to say I really disagree with the rankings... Just in the top ten alone i see it this way:

1. Eagles- McNabb with Owens, Pinkston & Smith will finally take this team to a Superbowl. Westbrook is a stud and will prove himself to the NFL this year.

2. Vikings- Culpepper & the offense looks good, the defense has definately stepped it up this year & Moe will be a fine back for them this year.

3. Broncos- They just flat out looked good against the Chiefs. Griffen & Plummer looked like they had something to prove

4. Patriots- Will not get to the superbowl this year but are still tough to beat.

5. Redskins- with the pickups that Joe Gibbs has made this offseason & the draft pick (that will be the most noticed around the league when he makes "Rookie of the Year"), in Sean Taylor, this team will be harder than ever to beat on the defensive side of the ball and Portis boosts this offense tenfold...

6. Colts- Stuggled a little in that first game Thursday but look for Manning to come back with a vengance. Also, James looks to be 95% back to himself.

7. Titans- Chris Brown was a great pick up & could be a 1000 yd rusher for them this year. McNair looks stronger than ever but the Defense is noticable weaker without Kerse at the end.

8. Panthers- Even though they looked rough against Green Bay, They looked we're just getting the rust off. Morgan looked Healther than ever.

9. Rams- Bulger struggled and could possibly cost them a playoff run if continues this kind of play, also Faulk is getting old & if he goes down I don't think Jacksons ready to carry the load

10. Cheifs- Preist Holmes looks pretty solid again but the defense was manhandled by the Broncos Sunday night... The only reason they had the record they did last year was their scheduele.

Ultimately I can see the Dolphins getting up there if the team gels together & we get a Brady or Delhomme type performance from Feely.... The team looks promising lets just put it together WHINESTAT!:yell:

24. FREEJET

FREEJET Member

I have to agree with you. These rankings fluctuate so much every week. I do think the Dolphins are low but are not a top ten team like a lot of you think.
    If the Phins beat the Bengals they will jump up about 5 spots or so.

25. BleedinGreenNC

26. FREEJET

FREEJET Member

You ***** from Fl would be talking about a goats butt. :roflmao: :roflmao:

27. Dol-Fan Dupree

I thought Plummer looked like the Plummer of old. If the team needs him, he will fail more then he will help the team. He is just an amazing athlete who is not asked to do much.

28. BleedinGreenNC

Straight out of your own mouth:roflmao: :roflmao: Pretty optimistic arent we!!:roflmao:

29. Dol-Fan Dupree

I don't think that matters. All that matters is victories. As long as you are in the playoffs you can win the superbowl. That is the ultimate goal.

Plus, most fans see the best out of their team. I bet you cardinal fans are looking at that positives for this coming season after the loss to the Rams.

30. ltfinfan

ltfinfan Banned Hammered

so do we need to draw you a map to the smack forum?

31. Drfletcherdc

Drfletcherdc A True Fan

I can't believe that we are ranked ahead of the Chargers. lol

32. LOCAL SCUM!

LOCAL SCUM! Banned Hammered

I'm telling you...THese guys that make up these "power rankings??" are abunch of idiots...Do you all think they'd have the jets ranked as #10 if they hadn't won on SUnday? THese morons go from week to week. Every week they have a new opinion on every team. I bet if the jets lose this weekend, they'll have them ranked at #20 something next week. A #10 ranking for the Jets is just rediculous anyways. Does anyone think they're that good? Better than the SKins? ANd Panthers? And Ravens? ANd US??! The panthers are a perfect example...Where did they have the Panthers ranked at before last night's loss? Pretty high.Now they're down to 20's.

33. LOCAL SCUM!

OH!! I just noticed!! Look at what it says for the Rams. They were 16 last week and St. Louis fans were angry for that. They played the Arizona Cardinals and BARELY won. SO now they're UP? AT 11?! That right there...shows exactly how rediculous these "rankings" are!! I'm glad the BCS isn't decided solely on what people think!

34. LOCAL SCUM!

Saints, Bengals, Steelers ahead of us?! THis stuff is just kinda funny. AND THE LIONS TOO!

35. fin-atic

My point is not about what our record will be. It is that because you guys may (and I stress "may")have a better team than us for the first time in 30 years, you come over here like a high school boy all horny for his prom date.
    You start trashing up our place with your troll posts. Where were you last year when the Jests went 6-10 and were the cellar dwellars of the division?

How good will we be? I am not optimistic we will be very good. But your behavior here is eactly why Jet fans have the reputation they do. Like I said, there is plenty of ball left to play and I hope you and all the other Jet ladies are here to eat your crow when we beat you in week 4.

Thank you and "buh-bye"

36. fin-atic

I call it like I see it. When I see Jet fans I see nothing but Butts. Everywhere I look, butt-head after butt head. A sea of butts.

Evidence:

[​IMG]

By the way that was part of the Miami sweep last year. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

37. KTownsDolphins

KTownsDolphins 4 Handicap, trying to get to scratch

The funniest thing on those power rankings has nothing to do with us being at 26, who cares it's one game, and based on the performance against the titans we deserve that ranking. No if AJ can start getting some wins we'll climb up.

But really the funniest is what they wrote beside the steelers, damn hilarious

"At this current pace Jerome Bettis is going to carry the ball 80 times for 16 yards and score 48 touchdowns."

That was a sweet comment.

38. _dan24

_dan24 wha?

Bingo man!

These ranking should be called "Bandwagon's of the week". :rolleyes:

39. LOCAL SCUM!

Exactly!!:lol:

40. Phin19

Phin19 Seasoned Veteran

it`s funny to see how jets fans are invading the forum. it reminds me of bills fans last year when they started 2-0. . . . . i wonder what hapenned then . . . :D