ESPN Power rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Power rankings

how do they know we wont be good with either qb? what has feely done to show that he wont be successful? almost 200 yards in one half against their number 4 ranked team... yeah i guess that really showed he sucks :shakeno:

phinfan2003 said:
You have to remember that the power rankings are all pretty much based on that weeks performance. If we win next week, we'll move up. I bet if we checked last year the Pats were near where we're at now after their 31-0 thumping. We were close to the top before but where did that ever get us?
I will tell you this, if your team loses this week, then i do not want to hear about how the Pat's lost their first game last year and then look what they did. Your team on paper is actually not that good, you have a former starter that chokes in the clutch, a new starter that has a problem throwing interceptions, an unproven starting RB, and a questionable o-line. The only thing that i see as being positive for the Phin's is the defense, and that has taken a hit this year. So what paper are you reading?:shakeno:

Well at least we would get a top ten draft pick!!

There is much to be seen. Will AJ be good? Will the line come together? If yes then you guys will be right. If not then this will be a fair ranking. I won't argue it until we prove we are better. It's hard to get mad a the media when we are not doing any better than what we are. To get some respect it will take beating a quality team, (sorry cinncy). What I would love is for us to go on a run that leads to a route of the Jets in a couple of weeks.

Time will tell.

BleedinGreenNC said:
I will tell you this, if your team loses this week, then i do not want to hear about how the Pat's lost their first game last year and then look what they did. Your team on paper is actually not that good, you have a former starter that chokes in the clutch, a new starter that has a problem throwing interceptions, an unproven starting RB, and a questionable o-line. The only thing that i see as being positive for the Phin's is the defense, and that has taken a hit this year. So what paper are you reading?:shakeno:

Hey Troll, if you are going to talk smack at least get your facts right.
Feeley's interception was not his fault. The RB broke off the route in the wrong direction. But I do not expect you guys to understand the game.

You guys are sensing that for the first time in three decades you may actually have a better team than we do. Well don't book your hotel in Jacksonville yet. there is a lot of ball to play. Besides it does not matter how good your team is, it is still from NY. That is like a diamond in a goats butt. And that stink is coming from the Jet fans.

J-E-T-S Suck! Suck! Suck!

BassFin said:
I'm just amazed at how everyone in the media belives that Jay and A.J are basically the same quarterback. What the heck are they watching?!?!?

I can't wait for A.J. to prove them all wrong!!!

Because after a split preseason, a 3rd string back up is as good as a 4 year starter previous 2nd back up. Give AJ a few starts and he'll begin to separate. Then, byt the end of the season, AJ will be a 'Cinderella story', a 'surprise' to the media types.

fin-atic said:
Feeley's interception was not his fault. The RB broke off the route in the wrong direction. But I do not expect you guys to understand the game.

You guys are sensing that for the first time in three decades you may actually have a better team than we do. Well don't book your hotel in Jacksonville yet. there is a lot of ball to play. Besides it does not matter how good your team is, it is still from NY. That is like a diamond in a goats butt. And that stink is coming from the Jet fans.

First off, how many games has Feeley started? Oh yeah, 6. :roflmao: Now don't get too emotional, just stating the facts. Now what does this have to do with being from a certain area? That is typical, leave it to someone to get personal over a post on a website. Granted you guys have HAD great teams, and i commend you on having the only undefeated season in the history of the NFL, but, when was the last time you won the divison? got to the AFC championship? Ok, nuff said!:lol:

Did you guys watch the game last night? Did you see how the panthers had their butts handed to them, Delhomme looked like Jay couldn't get anything going,couldn't run the ball it was bad.
This sure illustrates what the importance of the OL is.
If our OL can elevate their play we could do some damage.
What blows my mind is how the coach let things over the last four years get this bad.
If the OL doesn't gell and play to its highest potential quickly you can kiss the season goodbye.

Well... i have to say I really disagree with the rankings... Just in the top ten alone i see it this way:

1. Eagles- McNabb with Owens, Pinkston & Smith will finally take this team to a Superbowl. Westbrook is a stud and will prove himself to the NFL this year.

2. Vikings- Culpepper & the offense looks good, the defense has definately stepped it up this year & Moe will be a fine back for them this year.

3. Broncos- They just flat out looked good against the Chiefs. Griffen & Plummer looked like they had something to prove

4. Patriots- Will not get to the superbowl this year but are still tough to beat.

5. Redskins- with the pickups that Joe Gibbs has made this offseason & the draft pick (that will be the most noticed around the league when he makes "Rookie of the Year"), in Sean Taylor, this team will be harder than ever to beat on the defensive side of the ball and Portis boosts this offense tenfold...

6. Colts- Stuggled a little in that first game Thursday but look for Manning to come back with a vengance. Also, James looks to be 95% back to himself.

7. Titans- Chris Brown was a great pick up & could be a 1000 yd rusher for them this year. McNair looks stronger than ever but the Defense is noticable weaker without Kerse at the end.

8. Panthers- Even though they looked rough against Green Bay, They looked we're just getting the rust off. Morgan looked Healther than ever.

9. Rams- Bulger struggled and could possibly cost them a playoff run if continues this kind of play, also Faulk is getting old & if he goes down I don't think Jacksons ready to carry the load

10. Cheifs- Preist Holmes looks pretty solid again but the defense was manhandled by the Broncos Sunday night... The only reason they had the record they did last year was their scheduele.

Ultimately I can see the Dolphins getting up there if the team gels together & we get a Brady or Delhomme type performance from Feely.... The team looks promising lets just put it together WHINESTAT!:yell:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
all power rankings are crocks of s***
I have to agree with you. These rankings fluctuate so much every week. I do think the Dolphins are low but are not a top ten team like a lot of you think.
If the Phins beat the Bengals they will jump up about 5 spots or so.

Krie30511 said:

Ultimately I can see the Dolphins getting up there if the team gels together & we get a Brady or Delhomme type performance from Feely.... That will never happen!!:shakeno:

fin-atic said:

You ***** from Fl would be talking about a goats butt. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I thought Plummer looked like the Plummer of old. If the team needs him, he will fail more then he will help the team. He is just an amazing athlete who is not asked to do much.

fin-atic said:
Well at least we would get a top ten draft pick!!

There is much to be seen. Will AJ be good? Will the line come together? If yes then you guys will be right. If not then this will be a fair ranking. I won't argue it until we prove we are better. It's hard to get mad a the media when we are not doing any better than what we are. To get some respect it will take beating a quality team, (sorry cinncy). What I would love is for us to go on a run that leads to a route of the Jets in a couple of weeks.

Time will tell.
Straight out of your own mouth:roflmao: :roflmao: Pretty optimistic arent we!!:roflmao:

FREEJET said:
I have to agree with you. These rankings fluctuate so much every week. I do think the Dolphins are low but are not a top ten team like a lot of you think.
If the Phins beat the Bengals they will jump up about 5 spots or so.

I don't think that matters. All that matters is victories. As long as you are in the playoffs you can win the superbowl. That is the ultimate goal.

Plus, most fans see the best out of their team. I bet you cardinal fans are looking at that positives for this coming season after the loss to the Rams.

BleedinGreenNC said:
And this is coming from the rankings,A.J. or Jay? It really might not matter all that much, the Dolphins aren't going to be that good with either at QB.
:roflmao: :lol:

so do we need to draw you a map to the smack forum?

Back
Top Bottom