ESPN Power rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Power rankings

BleedinGreenNC said:
I am not disputing the fact that we sucked last year! WE stunk up the place!! But you say us Jets fans are trashing up the place? It is all in good fun when people go to other teams sites to talk a little smack every now and then, but if someone comes onto this site and voice their "opinion" they get blasted and banned from the site! We have plenty of Phins fans on our forum that are respected because they respect our opinions and we respect theirs! So for you to sit there and call names because of someones opinion, that my friend is HIGH SCHOOL!
Just the opposite is true on this site.Posters get banned very infrequently on this site and certainlt not for smack talk.Thet are usually moved to smack talk forum.The Admins are much more liberal than I would be.

BringBackShula said:
I'm telling you...THese guys that make up these "power rankings??" are abunch of idiots...Do you all think they'd have the jets ranked as #10 if they hadn't won on SUnday? THese morons go from week to week. Every week they have a new opinion on every team. I bet if the jets lose this weekend, they'll have them ranked at #20 something next week. A #10 ranking for the Jets is just rediculous anyways. Does anyone think they're that good? Better than the SKins? ANd Panthers? And Ravens? ANd US??! The panthers are a perfect example...Where did they have the Panthers ranked at before last night's loss? Pretty high.Now they're down to 20's.
If you watched the game, you would have noticed something is wrong with the Panthers which is the reason they were ranked so low.

They didnt look good, the defense couldnt stop Ahman Green or even pressure Favre. There #1 receiver also broke his leg, and they still have an unkown Oline.

All these predictions are subjective, the reason you are in an uproar is because you are ranked too low. If you were higher nobody would care. But there are always going to be 16 teams in the bottom half. No way around that. And of course they fluctuate, this is supposed to measure teams on how they looked from the previous week.

Dont like power rankings? Dont read them.

CrunchTime said:
Just the opposite is true on this site.Posters get banned very infrequently on this site and certainlt not for smack talk.Thet are usually moved to smack talk forum.The Admins are much more liberal than I would be.
Someone that i have talked with before just got banned yesterday, there is also a Phins fan that has gotten banned that i know of as well!

Just to add some perspective, here's the same rankings from Week 2 of LAST year. Some pretty funny stuff.

Bucs, Steelers, Bills, Raiders, Giants and Niners all in the Top 11. Patriots, Panthers and Cowboys in the bottom half.

That's what happens when you make predictions without seeing the actual games.

I wish they'd put us last, so we can staple it to their foreheads when we win it all.

miamirw said:
Just to add some perspective, here's the same rankings from Week 2 of LAST year. Some pretty funny stuff.

Bucs, Steelers, Bills, Raiders, Giants and Niners all in the Top 11. Patriots, Panthers and Cowboys in the bottom half.

That's what happens when you make predictions without seeing the actual games.

I wish they'd put us last, so we can staple it to their foreheads when we win it all.
Once again...wishful thinking:goof:

umm that was some troll named Jethead and he actually asked to get banned so he was.

i'll give this team 3-4 weeks to possibly go 0-3, 0-4. this team has made some significant aquisitions in the past weeks and this team is really just now going through a "pre-season" if you will. as long as i see improvement from week to week then all will be ok. who knows, we may end up 5-11. when was the last time that happened? i would accept that as long as appropriate changes are made.

i'm not ready to give up yet. i think this team needs time to gel. then we will know what we have. on paper we have a lot of talent, but that does not make a team. give em time to become one. a low ranking just gives them the edge when they do gel.

You know what I find funny? The Cowboys are 17th and we are 26th. Sure, we have QB problems, but they do too. They also have a RB who is way past his prime and we have better receivers and TEs. They do have a better offensive line. Their defense also is not as good as ours. I know their coach is way better, but I don't see how they can be so much higher on the power rankings than us.

Apparently people are forgetting that we have an awesome defense. I haven't heard anything in the media at all about us holding McNair to 75 yards passing. I also haven't heard anything about us holding their offense to only 10 points. I hope the media keeps doubting us though, it could motivate the team. I don't think we are a playoff team, but we are a lot better than everyone thinks.

iceblizzard69 said:
You know what I find funny? The Cowboys are 17th and we are 26th. Sure, we have QB problems, but they do too. They also have a RB who is way past his prime and we have better receivers and TEs. They do have a better offensive line. Their defense also is not as good as ours. I know their coach is way better, but I don't see how they can be so much higher on the power rankings than us.

Apparently people are forgetting that we have an awesome defense. I haven't heard anything in the media at all about us holding McNair to 75 yards passing. I also haven't heard anything about us holding their offense to only 10 points. I hope the media keeps doubting us though, it could motivate the team. I don't think we are a playoff team, but we are a lot better than everyone thinks.
QB problems? Vinny dropped almost 400 yards on one of the better "D"'s in the league! You can't compare his performance to your 2 QB's combined performance! And ya know what, all i hear is that you guys have an awesome defense, and we held Air Mcnair to 75 total yards and ten points!! AND YOU STILL LOST!! That 10 points was still good enough to beat you!!:shakeno:

BleedinGreenNC said:
QB problems? Vinny dropped almost 400 yards on one of the better "D"'s in the league! You can't compare his performance to your 2 QB's combined performance! And ya know what, all i hear is that you guys have an awesome defense, and we held Air Mcnair to 75 total yards and ten points!! AND YOU STILL LOST!! That 10 points was still good enough to beat you!!:shakeno:
Go away until you can make a vaild argument. How many times did Vinny throw that game??? Better yet, just go away.

Are the Jets that boring?

_dan24 said:
Go away until you can make a vaild argument. How many times did Vinny throw that game??? Better yet, just go away.

Are the Jets that boring?
Not at all, i am actually on my forum right now. If that is all you can say about a 40 year old QB being better than your starter and your backup, then i have proved my point, you guys need to go get Tim Couch.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom