ESPN Power rankings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Power rankings

_dan24 said:
Let me share something with you my ignorant friend:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/boxscores/2003/09/07/706_boxscore.html

Now, don't get me wrong, im not saying Miami will do the same, but you should watch what you say on first week results...

Where did NE end up? Where did Buffalo end up? This is the NFL man, anything could happen.

With all due respect 24, how in the world can you compare the Pats situation last year (Milloy) to that of the Phins this year after week one?

Your team is in total chaos and Wanny is still driving the bus. :shakeno:

Face the facts, your team is mediocre at best and you will struggle to win 6 games this year.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Check back with me when you are going for your 17th consecutive win.

BleedinGreenNC said:
Not at all, i am actually on my forum right now. If that is all you can say about a 40 year old QB being better than your starter and your backup, then i have proved my point, you guys need to go get Tim Couch.:lol:
Yeah, you proved sooo much :rolleyes: It's week one dude.

PatsFanTX said:
With all due respect 24, how in the world can you compare the Pats situation last year (Milloy) to that of the Phins this year after week one?

Face the facts, your team is mediocre at best and you will struggle to win 6 games this year.

I have found respect for you TX, i have decided that i like you!;)

PatsFanTX said:

So you guys lost 31-0 because of Milloy?? What about our "situation"?

I know this team has a lot to prove, so much happen this offseason, but I think we will be fine.

Look for us to provide some great "upsets" this year.

_dan24 said:
Yeah, you proved sooo much :rolleyes: It's week one dude.
Exactly! And regardless of what you say we are 1-0 and your 0-1. So as far as it goes right now, we are the better team.

To get back on topic here, I was trying to ask the "power ranker", but they did not answer...

Here was my question...

When will ESPN stop acting like a corporation.... Where's the old ESPN? You guys give your "expert" analysis week by week, why don't you look at the big picture?

Miami has some problems, but anyone can see that once everyone is on the same page they will ok.

I got no response though :(

EDIT: Here is the link to their live chat.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5920#bottom

_dan24 said:
To get back on topic here, I was trying to ask the "power ranker", but they did not answer...

Here was my question...

When will ESPN stop acting like a corporation.... Where's the old ESPN? You guys give your "expert" analysis week by week, why don't you look at the big picture?

Miami has some problems, but anyone can see that once everyone is on the same page they will ok.

I got no response though :(

EDIT: Here is the link to their live chat.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5920#bottom
When you get as big as Wal-Mart..oops, i meant ESPN, you think your opinions are never wrong and you S**T doesnt stink!!

:p4e:
Jests something smells :shakeno:

bah it was uncalled for :( I changed it.

FlyingElvis said:
These power rankings are a crock of ****. They go up and down based on last weeks results. Why not just look at the standings. All it does is start flame wars between the fans. I guess its just a way to get you to visit their site (ESPN).
See, there is something dolphins fans and patriots fans can agree on!

BleedinGreenNC said:
I will tell you this, if your team loses this week, then i do not want to hear about how the Pat's lost their first game last year and then look what they did. Your team on paper is actually not that good, you have a former starter that chokes in the clutch, a new starter that has a problem throwing interceptions, an unproven starting RB, and a questionable o-line. The only thing that i see as being positive for the Phin's is the defense, and that has taken a hit this year. So what paper are you reading?:shakeno:

The point that I was trying to make was simply that these rankings don't mean a damn thing but now you've taken it to another level. Does our team have weaknesses? Yes but which team in the NFL doesn't? Are you telling me the Jets don't have weaknesses? Look at your secondary! Feeley's going to have a field day vs. Barrett, Buckley and whoever else you put out there. You beat the Bengals yes! Martin had almost 200 yds. and now the Jets are the team to beat. You fail to state that you gave up 24 points to the Bengals. But lets see what you guys do vs. other teams.

On paper anyone could say we have weaknesses but when have games been played on paper? For the last couple years we should have been in the SB based on the talent we had on paper. What you do in week one does not guarantee where you'll be at the end of the season. It only means something to Jets fans cuz now you're guaranteed not to start out 0-5 and have to have another one of those "you play to win the game" speeches.

Back
Top Bottom