ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Predictions underachive Dolphins and Bills

The ESPN picks are made of of 10-12 of their "experts" who each give you their picks and I don't see anywhere on espn.com where those picks have been posted yet. The only picks I have seen is the MNF crew going division by division w/ Gruden and Jaworski giving an over/under pick.

I remeber a few years ago they did that...Picked 11 out of the same 12 teams..Then they picked the same exact Super Bowl as the year before..

Classic!

I remeber a few years ago they did that...Picked 11 out of the same 12 teams..Then they picked the same exact Super Bowl as the year before..

Classic!

It's not "they". There are alot of different "experts" that make their picks and they come to a consensus. I guarantee if most of the espn folks pick Miami to win the div or make the playoffs we will hear how great they are and if they pick us to suck you will hear Jet fans complaining. It's all in fun to stir debate, anyone who has paid attention to the AFC East knows it's going to be a close, tough race barring major injuries and I am not convinced Buffalo will be as bad as many think. I am not as confident in them now as I was heading into camp b/c they had some key injuries but if they get healthy I think they can be a competitive team.

It's not "they". There are alot of different "experts" that make their picks and they come to a consensus. I guarantee if most of the espn folks pick Miami to win the div or make the playoffs we will hear how great they are and if they pick us to suck you will hear Jet fans complaining. It's all in fun to stir debate, anyone who has paid attention to the AFC East knows it's going to be a close, tough race barring major injuries and I am not convinced Buffalo will be as bad as many think. I am not as confident in them now as I was heading into camp b/c they had some key injuries but if they get healthy I think they can be a competitive team.

Yes, I know that man, Its not like I believe that ESPN has one powerful brian that predicts and does everthing...I dont really care who they pick I just know "they" always picked the same teams...

As a rookie w/ him starting we won 9 games, I can see why 10 would be impossible as he gets better:lol:

Miami 12-4?:lol2:

For my entrie life there have been maybe 2-3 years where the Jets have gotten positive press. to act like there is some sort of bias in our favor is as laughable as it gets.

I like the predicitions of the Monday Nigth guys, they said over 10 wins for the Jets, around 10 for NE and around 9 for Miami but the reality is we can finish in any order. The top 3 are pretty close and we all have excellent shots to win this.

Each year is very different, you could win 7 and be much better than last year as it appears the sched will be tougher(though that changes quickly). We could be much better and go 9-7 again, we could be worse and go 10-6? We have no idea how this plays out, 9-7 one year may not be the same as 9-7 in another year.
hey if you want to take credit for those last 2 games of the season, it's on you.
Not even the Bills fans consider the Indy Win in Jan a real win.
but if that is what lets you to sleep at night?
Can't speak for the Fish fans but the Buffalo fans can't wait to burst the Jets bubble.
Oh the humanity!!!!

hey if you want to take credit for those last 2 games of the season, it's on you.
Not even the Bills fans consider the Indy Win in Jan a real win.
but if that is what lets you to sleep at night?
Can't speak for the Fish fans but the Buffalo fans can't wait to burst the Jets bubble.
Oh the humanity!!!!

any win Buf gets is a real win, there are so few you need to cherish every one.:lol:

the Bills didn't go 0-fer in the AFCE when the crypt-keeper was running "Pop Warner's introduction to basic offense" so what makes you think we will with a real coach and some new weapons.
Heck the way Chan is getting players to step up it's like having 3-4 drafts this offseason.
We have guys comming out of the woodwork that Dicky J couldn't figure out how to use.
but you just keep on nursing that old QB & O-line response.
the same Qb's and a shadow of that O-line beat both the fish and Jets last year.

the Bills didn't go 0-fer in the AFCE when the crypt-keeper was running "Pop Warner's introduction to basic offense" so what makes you think we will with a real coach and some new weapons.
Heck the way Chan is getting players to step up it's like having 3-4 drafts this offseason.
We have guys comming out of the woodwork that Dicky J couldn't figure out how to use.
but you just keep on nursing that old QB & O-line response.
the same Qb's and a shadow of that O-line beat both the fish and Jets last year.

Yes, it was all Jauron's fault. Now you have Chan Gailey:lol:

I do think you'll be better, I do think you have some talent but unless the top 3 are severely banged up you will likely be back in the basement.

You guys picked us off 6 times and you still needed OT to beat us last year. I wouldn't crow about that.

any win Buf gets is a real win, there are so few you need to cherish every one.:lol:
the Jets are like watching the Coyote chase the roadrunner.
you still think you are in contention. :lol:
but as long as you are enjoying the face time on hard knocks.

Yes, it was all Jauron's fault. Now you have Chan Gailey:lol:

I do think you'll be better, I do think you have some talent but unless the top 3 are severely banged up you will likely be back in the basement.

You guys picked us off 6 times and you still needed OT to beat us last year. I wouldn't crow about that.
TWO teams rolled over so that you could make the playoffs.
that is a freekin' miracle.
Two playoff teams perfered to take thier chances against the Jets in the playoffs than start thier first team in the regular season.

keep reading your own press.

the Jets are like watching the Coyote chase the roadrunner.
you still think you are in contention. :lol:
but as long as you are enjoying the face time on hard knocks.

a fan of a team that hasn't made the postseason in over a decade is talking trash?

TWO teams rolled over so that you could make the playoffs.
that is a freekin' miracle.
Two playoff teams perfered to take thier chances against the Jets in the playoffs than start thier first team in the regular season.

keep reading your own press.

We got a qtr and a half of backups against Indy, against Cincy starters we led 27-0 then we beat them up on the road the next week.

Should we have lost to the backups like Buffalo did w/ the playoffs on the line in 2004 against Pitt?

CNNSI says:

Predicted record: 9-7.
Though their personnel is rather different, this Dolphins team in many ways resembles that '08 AFC champion. It looks to be a grinding group that won't blow anyone out, but it has the anchors in place -- in Henne, in Marshall, in Pro Bowl left tackle Jake Long, in all those young defenders -- to initiate a sustained run of success, starting this year.

I think we go 8-8 or 9-7, I guess 7-9 is possible too,...but to say that we are ONLY 1 game better than the Bills is ****ing bull****.

Adding Chan Gailey is a real upgrade :rolleyes2:

Your strengths are your secondary and CJ Spiller. Your defense was 30th against the run which doesn't bode well against either the Dolphins or Jets. Your OL is terrible and your team chose to draft an RB that was not needed over a LT which was critical. Trent Edwards is unreliable and when he's good he's average at best.

I expect a tough game in Buffalo because the Dolphins historically struggle there, but I will be very surprised if you get more then 5 wins.

Gailey is a huge upgrade over Jauron, have you seen our offense?

a fan of a team that hasn't made the postseason in over a decade is talking trash?

We got a qtr and a half of backups against Indy, against Cincy starters we led 27-0 then we beat them up on the road the next week.

Should we have lost to the backups like Buffalo did w/ the playoffs on the line in 2004 against Pitt?
yet we still manage to beat the Jets???????
We know we are in the bottom looking up.
you are oblivious to the fact that your team is a paper tiger.
nice use of the '08 draft. hello eggs, meet your one basket.

Back
Top Bottom